Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    TravG's Avatar
    TravG is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    September 2008
    Posts
    2,069
    Thanks
    34
    Thanked 179 Times in 131 Posts

    Default 301 ReDirect Help

    I know there is an easy way to do this but I just can't come up with it right now.

    I want to redirect all the pages of a folder to a single URL using a 301. I have about 15 different pages that I want to make go to a single page.

    "go" is the folder I want to re direct so I tried putting Redirect 301 /go/(.*) but it is not working. What is the proper code I use??

    Thanks !
    Live Casino USA - the best USA live online casinos. Play USA online slots and other casino games like USA online blackjack. Play See USAlegalcasinos.com to find the best USA online casino. Want to play USA online poker? Find the best poker sites at 4DeucesPoker.com.

  2. #2
    universal4's Avatar
    universal4 is offline Forum Administrator
    Join Date
    July 2003
    Location
    Courage is being scared to death...and saddling up anyway. John Wayne
    Posts
    33,996
    Thanks
    4,543
    Thanked 9,297 Times in 5,981 Posts

    Default

    Are all the pages being redirected in a specific folder?
    If you plan to use wildcards you must be careful since a wildcard 1 character too short could redirect unwanted pages.

    Anything common about the pages being redirected?

    Rick
    Universal4

  3. #3
    TravG's Avatar
    TravG is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    September 2008
    Posts
    2,069
    Thanks
    34
    Thanked 179 Times in 131 Posts

    Default

    What they are is redirects to a bunch of bingo sites. Rather than going in to change each and every one I was hoping to just redirect the entire "go" folder to one bingo site. So regardless which link is clicked it would always just go to one bingo site. Basically instead of having 15 links to 15 bingo sites, I want to make 15 links go to 1 bingo site.

    It is a site I bought that I dont ahave afiiliate accounts to the bingo sites they have links to. Hoping for just a quick temporary fix until I have time to change them all.
    Live Casino USA - the best USA live online casinos. Play USA online slots and other casino games like USA online blackjack. Play See USAlegalcasinos.com to find the best USA online casino. Want to play USA online poker? Find the best poker sites at 4DeucesPoker.com.

  4. #4
    universal4's Avatar
    universal4 is offline Forum Administrator
    Join Date
    July 2003
    Location
    Courage is being scared to death...and saddling up anyway. John Wayne
    Posts
    33,996
    Thanks
    4,543
    Thanked 9,297 Times in 5,981 Posts

    Default

    Fastest is to place the affiliate link you want inside each of the 15 go pages.

    Wildcard would be something similar to ^/go/*.*$ /go/correctbingosite.php [NC,R=301,L]

    Rick
    Universal4

  5. #5
    TravG's Avatar
    TravG is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    September 2008
    Posts
    2,069
    Thanks
    34
    Thanked 179 Times in 131 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by universal4 View Post
    Fastest is to place the affiliate link you want inside each of the 15 go pages.

    [NC,R=301,L]

    Rick
    Universal4
    Yep - thats actually just what I went ahead and did. Thanks
    Live Casino USA - the best USA live online casinos. Play USA online slots and other casino games like USA online blackjack. Play See USAlegalcasinos.com to find the best USA online casino. Want to play USA online poker? Find the best poker sites at 4DeucesPoker.com.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •