Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1. #1
    crowngate is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    August 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    123
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked 54 Times in 34 Posts

    Default Addicted to Real Time Google Analytics

    I seem to be addicted to real time analytics, i know it's just wasting my time but I can't help it!

    Especially over this Cheltenham Festival period, i just find it fascinating. I suppose it is quite useful as I'm editing pages whilst my advertising campaigns are in motion. Looking where people are spending the time is useful, but I just feel like I'm watching a crap reality TV program! Anyone else have this issue?

  2. #2
    Christiaan's Avatar
    Christiaan is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    February 2013
    Location
    Barcelona
    Posts
    1,279
    Thanks
    183
    Thanked 486 Times in 336 Posts

    Default

    I know the feeling. I have a Belgian website with about 50 visitors a day. So there isn't a lot to see in the real time statistics. But I check the day total more then 5 times a day.

  3. #3
    ynmrav28 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    March 2013
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    I use statcounter and addfree stats.You can check ip ,visitor activity along with the ads they clicked all etc details with this trackers

  4. #4
    Marit VS's Avatar
    Marit VS is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    July 2009
    Location
    Barcelona, Spain
    Posts
    435
    Blog Entries
    3
    Thanks
    226
    Thanked 179 Times in 138 Posts

    Default

    Yeap - sad but true, but I look at the analytic of my sites far more often than I should.

    Really I should do it only once a day to review the day, as google is good enough to show pattenrs... but I cant help but have a quick peak every once in a while!
    Marit von Stedingk

    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams

    Lucky Mobile Slots
    Lucky Mobile Casinos
    Slotsumo.com

  5. #5
    sweetbet's Avatar
    sweetbet is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    November 2012
    Posts
    2,824
    Blog Entries
    5
    Thanks
    898
    Thanked 1,574 Times in 1,086 Posts

    Default

    Every time I go there, I see I have one visitor online. I get excited and I look up where the visitor is from... then I realize that the visitor is just me

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to sweetbet For This Useful Post:

    alin04 (14 March 2013)

  7. #6
    Maria F is offline No longer with Harbour Gaming Affiliates
    Join Date
    November 2010
    Location
    Cyprus
    Posts
    2,406
    Thanks
    368
    Thanked 337 Times in 248 Posts

    Default

    I think we are all hooked

  8. #7
    baldidiot is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    January 2010
    Posts
    5,098
    Thanks
    433
    Thanked 2,333 Times in 1,555 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sweetbet View Post
    Every time I go there, I see I have one visitor online. I get excited and I look up where the visitor is from... then I realize that the visitor is just me
    Lol.

    BTW, real time obeys profile filters now so you can set one up to ignore your IP address.
    onlinegamblingwebsites.com - Formally known as goodbonusguide.

    Gambling Domains: Small clear out of some of the domains we've been hoarding - see the spreadsheet here.

  9. #8
    AceOdds is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    February 2013
    Posts
    90
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 32 Times in 26 Posts

    Default

    Another one I'm bad with is google webmaster tools. Rarely do I get actionable information from it but it's so temping to check how impressions and ctr have changed day to day. Got to stay strong!

  10. #9
    alin04 is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    January 2013
    Location
    Paris
    Posts
    518
    Thanks
    420
    Thanked 209 Times in 127 Posts

    Default

    You have to be addicted to something and I am for real time analytics.
    I look at the google analytics a few times per day.

  11. #10
    dfiocch's Avatar
    dfiocch is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    September 2006
    Posts
    875
    Thanks
    787
    Thanked 565 Times in 348 Posts

    Default

    lol

    I look at my analytics only once per week

  12. #11
    F-L-C is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    August 2010
    Posts
    1,049
    Thanks
    141
    Thanked 335 Times in 256 Posts

    Default

    It's so addictive but can also be frustrating, for example if you see someone from the U.S clicking on somewhere they are not allowed to play, I have found myself screaming at the computer screen

  13. #12
    SlotsAff is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    August 2007
    Posts
    810
    Thanks
    16
    Thanked 143 Times in 108 Posts

    Default

    I check it once a day (in the mornings) to see what keywords I could optimise in my news posts.

    However, the real time stats are brilliant and can be addictive - only look at that once a day because if not, would be there all day

  14. #13
    blackchip is offline New Member
    Join Date
    March 2013
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    I run a Super Bowl site and during the SB the site averages over 50,000 views during that day for the past 7 years. When I look at the Real Time Analytics it causes me great anxiety as I watch the numbers climb and fall in rapid succession - very interesting none the less.

  15. #14
    xecutable's Avatar
    xecutable is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2011
    Location
    Zurich, Switzerland
    Posts
    1,979
    Thanks
    583
    Thanked 1,225 Times in 708 Posts

    Default

    With live streaming posts, I have experienced this when at once around 3k users get in . I was hooked on it at first perhaps in the first 2-3 weeks, but I have long forgotten about Real Time Stats.

    It's not that bad. It has helped me find quickly dead links, mistyped links, links that shouldn't be there at all, valuable keywords!

  16. #15
    JackTenSuited is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2004
    Posts
    1,013
    Thanks
    23
    Thanked 334 Times in 207 Posts

    Default

    I only set it up yesterday on one of my sites, unfortunately most of my traffic is football (soccer) betting so have to wait until the weekends to see anything interesting

  17. #16
    anikkhl's Avatar
    anikkhl is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2013
    Posts
    10
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    I think every site owner has an addiction to Google analytics in different extents. After all whatever they are doing doing it for traffic and traffic brings them revenue

  18. #17
    Mercenaru's Avatar
    Mercenaru is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2012
    Posts
    77
    Thanks
    27
    Thanked 17 Times in 11 Posts

    Default

    all we need is (not love) but statistics, long term statistics (at least one month) so in my opinion real time GA is just a child's play..
    just here...

  19. #18
    alexpk is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    March 2013
    Posts
    18
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Same problem here. Loading up Statcounter about a dozen times per day. Less into Google Analytics these days, especially since they changed it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •