spinoza is offline Private Member
    Thanks

Default Adding Newsletter and Rotating Banner Adds to site

Hi all,

What is the simplest and fastest way to add a newsletter and rotating banner adds to your site. Do you prefer rotating banners over fixed one's. What is the best add tracking software for a beginner.

Tx,

S.

spinoza is offline Private Member
    Thanks

I'm talking to myself now, sorry. But maybe someone might be interested:

No replies up to today so I decided to go with MojoMail for the newsletter (after following a link in the tools section of this site, which is very useful by the way).

For the rotating banner adds I will be using javascript. I'll be switching to more sophisticated cgi software when I'll leave the newbie stage.

VPJunkie is offline Private Member
    Thanks

Well, hell. I left this for someone else to answer, and they all slacked off! They're all busy collecting paychecks this week! Sorry!

Newsletter scripts - several of our members have used Mojomail successfully, and like it. Several of the others of us have used other companies (that we pay) to collect and maintain our info for us.

Rotating vs. Fixed banners - you'll probably get more input on this after I answer this. My opinion is that rotators are overused. There are places where I would only ever use a fixed banner - like all over my site. :LOL: :LOL: Truthfully, the only place I would use rotating banners is on the bottom of my menu page, which is loaded into an IFrame on the left side of every page on my site.

But then, I'm one of the more "technically challenged" members on this board.

Hope this helped. :-?