Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    pokertramp's Avatar
    pokertramp is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    November 2007
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    1,102
    Thanks
    24
    Thanked 122 Times in 90 Posts

    Default Affiliate programs for kids

    I figured someone here may be able to help My 15 year old nephew wants to get into the affiliate business. He is learning web design, he does a great job, and is very creative. He is interested in trading cards and wanted to build a site that would send his customers to card trading sites, or similar, anyone know if there are affiliate programs for this sort of thing?
    Any other suggestions for him, something legal that he could possibly make a few $ with?

  2. #2
    Renee's Avatar
    Renee is offline Sponsor Affiliate Program
    Join Date
    August 2005
    Posts
    9,072
    Blog Entries
    6
    Thanks
    6,642
    Thanked 3,543 Times in 2,206 Posts

    Default

    I found a few sites that might be handy:

    BCW Supplies
    https://www.bcwsupplies.com/affiliates/

    Online Sports:
    http://www.onlinesports.com/pages/affiliates.html

    Short Porch
    http://www.shortporch.com/Affiliates_ep_58-1.html

    PokeOrder
    http://www.pokeorder.com/

    The first 3 I'm assuming he is trading sports cards..

    And the last one in case he is looking at Pokemon or something like that

    I just typed in a few things related to "buy sports cards online affiliate" into Google. Pretty easy to find

    Good luck!
    __________________
    Renee, Affiliate Program Manager
    http://www.RewardsAffiliates.com
    Affiliate Program for CasinoRewards.com
    Best Affiliate Manager - CAP Awards 2008
    Best Casino Affiliate Manager - CAP Awards 2009
    Best Casino Affiliate Manager - iGB Affiliate Awards 2010

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Renee For This Useful Post:

    elgoog (20 April 2010)

  4. #3
    pokertramp's Avatar
    pokertramp is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    November 2007
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    1,102
    Thanks
    24
    Thanked 122 Times in 90 Posts

    Default

    thanks Renee
    I did a google search too, found others, so will take a look at those. I was mostly hoping for someone with experience in that area to recommend some but these may work

  5. #4
    Renee's Avatar
    Renee is offline Sponsor Affiliate Program
    Join Date
    August 2005
    Posts
    9,072
    Blog Entries
    6
    Thanks
    6,642
    Thanked 3,543 Times in 2,206 Posts

    Default

    No probs

    It's funny once you get out of our industry how different the affiliate world can be. There isn't another like ours I don't think.

    Another place you may want to look is cj.com or commissionmonster.com. They might have something there..
    Also check out ebay. Amazon also has a pretty good affiliate program.

    If you need any help just let me know
    __________________
    Renee, Affiliate Program Manager
    http://www.RewardsAffiliates.com
    Affiliate Program for CasinoRewards.com
    Best Affiliate Manager - CAP Awards 2008
    Best Casino Affiliate Manager - CAP Awards 2009
    Best Casino Affiliate Manager - iGB Affiliate Awards 2010

  6. #5
    eaton2003's Avatar
    eaton2003 is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    September 2003
    Posts
    1,178
    Blog Entries
    8
    Thanks
    90
    Thanked 247 Times in 193 Posts

    Default

    Personally if I was him I would stick to just two programs and learn the art of specializing. Avoid CJ as there is a chance he will not send enough traffic in the given time period and be kicked off.
    Simon Eaton - Online marketing consultancy with 20 years experience

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to eaton2003 For This Useful Post:

    Renee (20 April 2010)

  8. #6
    JuliaS's Avatar
    JuliaS is offline Former Affiliate Manager
    Join Date
    June 2006
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Posts
    113
    Thanks
    21
    Thanked 12 Times in 12 Posts

    Default

    I'd recommend starting with Amazon affiliates -they are pretty user friendly and would probably offer a lot of products that his demographic is looking for.

    I agree with Simon's advice about CJ - they are the biggest retail network out there and have a ton of great brands, but it can be really discouraging when they close your account after 3 months because you haven't referred any sales.

    Cheers,

  9. #7
    universal4's Avatar
    universal4 is offline Forum Administrator
    Join Date
    July 2003
    Location
    Courage is being scared to death...and saddling up anyway. John Wayne
    Posts
    33,988
    Thanks
    4,540
    Thanked 9,297 Times in 5,981 Posts

    Default

    I totally agree that CJ isn't good for newer and smaller affiliates.

    Back in the early days of the internet and affil;iate marketing CJ was a great company to partner with, but when "Lex Cisney" the original owner developer of the network sold out due to health reasons, CJ just completly forgot it's roots and started dumping affiliates that didn't meet their "QUOTA" and they have NOT been on my recommended list ever since.

    If a program isn't good for the small affiliate, then it's not a good recommendation for ANY affiliate.

    You may want to check out ABestWeb, as it is a good resource for programs and info.

    http://www.abestweb.com/

    Rick
    Universal4
    Gambling World Online Roulette Online Blackjack Live Online Games Sports Betting Horse Racing
    Casino Affiliate Programs
    Hosting and Domain Names
    Gambling Industry Association
    GPWA Moderation by Me and My Big Bad Security Self
    If an affiliate program is not small affiliate friendly (especially small US Affiliate), then they are NOT Affiliate Friendly!

  10. #8
    Renee's Avatar
    Renee is offline Sponsor Affiliate Program
    Join Date
    August 2005
    Posts
    9,072
    Blog Entries
    6
    Thanks
    6,642
    Thanked 3,543 Times in 2,206 Posts

    Default

    Ive had an affiliate site for about 3-4 years now and rarely send any sales.. definitely not regularly, because I dont work on the site like i used to...

    But my account has never been closed...

    Maybe you guys were just unlucky?
    __________________
    Renee, Affiliate Program Manager
    http://www.RewardsAffiliates.com
    Affiliate Program for CasinoRewards.com
    Best Affiliate Manager - CAP Awards 2008
    Best Casino Affiliate Manager - CAP Awards 2009
    Best Casino Affiliate Manager - iGB Affiliate Awards 2010

  11. #9
    pokertramp's Avatar
    pokertramp is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    November 2007
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    1,102
    Thanks
    24
    Thanked 122 Times in 90 Posts

    Default

    thanks everyone, I really appreciate all the feedback! I will get him started

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to pokertramp For This Useful Post:

    Renee (21 April 2010)

  13. #10
    bonusbeast is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    October 2009
    Posts
    216
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 22 Times in 21 Posts

    Default

    I would maybe start him off with Amazon affiliate program, as he could just list the products with reviews on his site and refer them to Amazon for the purchase.

  14. #11
    TheGooner's Avatar
    TheGooner is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    4,565
    Thanks
    2,092
    Thanked 4,536 Times in 2,177 Posts

    Default

    Have any of the people recommending Amazon actually worked for them as an affiliate? I WOULD NOT recommend Amazon's affiliate system as it is a pretty poor return of effort.

    Typical percentage is just 5-6% of sales value, which usually equates to 50-80 cents per book. We've sold 200 books or so over the last few years - for around GBP 120 (about USD 180).

    I'm not sure that will entice your nephew into the business long term.

    For whatever reason, whether it's the short cookie duration (24 hours) or failures in the checkout procedure - I've found that many referred clicks do not convert into sales revenue - despite the fact the person did eventually purchase the item.

    I estimate than only about 33%-50% of total sales get recorded onto an afffiliates account - based on an unscientific survey through my forum that I did regarding forum members buying books after some rather unsuccessful promotions.

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to TheGooner For This Useful Post:

    Renee (27 April 2010)

  16. #12
    villa10 is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    January 2007
    Posts
    188
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 13 Times in 12 Posts

    Default

    Clickbank is great for affiliate programs on Web services, education, learning, marketing and so on. Teens and very young people have to avoid our industry. The gambling sale is for adults.

  17. #13
    pokertramp's Avatar
    pokertramp is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    November 2007
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    1,102
    Thanks
    24
    Thanked 122 Times in 90 Posts

    Default

    thanks guys, he's building a site now and going to use some of your suggestions.

    villa10, I would never allow him to get involved in our industry for many years to come!

    TheGooner, I agree about Amazon, I know when I had the forum, we might of made $100 over several years and that was selling 100s of poker books, shirts and other goods. It's ridiculous, but for the time being to get him to understand the business and play around a bit, I think he'll give it a go and just give a small space to Amazon.

  18. #14
    universal4's Avatar
    universal4 is offline Forum Administrator
    Join Date
    July 2003
    Location
    Courage is being scared to death...and saddling up anyway. John Wayne
    Posts
    33,988
    Thanks
    4,540
    Thanked 9,297 Times in 5,981 Posts

    Default

    To be honest I like how Amazon allows you to sell the books.

    You create a link that is the exact same for every single book, only the isbn number changes in the link and when clicked lands you at their site, with that book selected and other books below as a cross sell...

    If anyone ever needs an example of this, just let me know....

    I agree tough to make any decent money with them....

    Rick
    Universal4
    Gambling World Online Roulette Online Blackjack Live Online Games Sports Betting Horse Racing
    Casino Affiliate Programs
    Hosting and Domain Names
    Gambling Industry Association
    GPWA Moderation by Me and My Big Bad Security Self
    If an affiliate program is not small affiliate friendly (especially small US Affiliate), then they are NOT Affiliate Friendly!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •