Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    ck8795 is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,005
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 5 Times in 3 Posts

    Default Affiliate Speedpay Closing

    Just an FYI if others havent seen this yet

    http://www.pokeraffiliatelistings.co...y-closing.html

    We are writing to inform you that from end of day tomorrow (28th August), Affiliate Speedpay will no longer accept merchant payments.
    *
    FBME bank has reviewed this product, the result being that it is no longer commercially viable to maintain this service.
    *
    You will shortly be contacted by FBME Bank and requested to submit details relating to the remittance of remaining funds in your account,*
    following which your account with FBME Bank will be closed by 4th September.
    *
    Please note that although further merchant payments to Affiliate Speedpay account holders will no longer be possible, these accounts will remain active*
    so that funds can be withdrawn.
    *
    Kindly ensure that any links or references to Affiliate Speedpay are also removed from your websites and literature.
    *
    If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me. __________________

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ck8795 For This Useful Post:

    Vrindavan (27 August 2009)

  3. #2
    pompeyrayuk's Avatar
    pompeyrayuk is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Portsmouth England
    Posts
    967
    Thanks
    147
    Thanked 253 Times in 194 Posts

    Default

    Kind of fitting don't you think that it had a running life similar to some of the properties in the industry that it served.

  4. #3
    TowerAdrian's Avatar
    TowerAdrian is offline Non-sponsor Affiliate Program
    Join Date
    January 2009
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Yes we just received this email as well... It is going to be a pain for a lot of affiliates to pull their money out of these accounts with such short notice, I think ASP and the FBME bank could have done a better job in letting people know in advance.

    Anyone who is a Tower Affiliate that is getting paid by ASP, contact me or your affiliate manager as soon as possible and we will get you changed over to another payment option or wire to make sure there is no delays in commission payments.
    Truly a sad day, as ASP was a great fast way to receive commissions
    AM for www.toweraffiliates.com
    Contact me with any questions you have, and let me show you how Tower Affiliates can work for you.

  5. #4
    MichaelCorfman's Avatar
    MichaelCorfman is offline GPWA Executive Director
    Join Date
    June 2004
    Location
    Newton, MA
    Posts
    4,702
    Thanks
    1,089
    Thanked 6,365 Times in 2,041 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TowerAdrian View Post
    Yes we just received this email as well... It is going to be a pain for a lot of affiliates to pull their money out of these accounts with such short notice, I think ASP and the FBME bank could have done a better job in letting people know in advance.
    This situation will not be a problem for affiliates with respect to funds currently in their affiliate speed pay account. The affiliate bank accounts are not being closed down right away, and affiliates can withdraw the money as they wish.

    In the case of Casino City, normally we waited until there was a reasonable accumulation in the account, and they withdrew it to our regular bank account. So obviously we will just withdraw what is there now since there will not be any additional deposits.

    Unfortunately, in this industry, there can be a lot of negative pressure with respect to banking relationships. I'm sure FBME liked the business but hated the negative pressure and scrutiny associated with a very visible payment system like Affiliate Speed Pay. I know, for example, that at Casino City we made a decision to remove mentioning the association from our website in response to requests we received to reduce the visibility of the association. And I'm sure what we knew about was the tip of a much bigger iceberg. Bankers are a conservative lot, and really don't like to be in the middle of things like this unless the money involved is substantial enough to make a real business difference. I'm guessing Affiliate Speed Pay wasn't large enough to counterbalance the associated nuisance factor from the banks perspective.

    Michael
    GPWA Executive Director, Casino City CEO, Friend to the Village Idiot
    Resources for Affiliates: iGamingDirectory.com, iGamingAffiliatePrograms.com, GamingMeets.com

  6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MichaelCorfman For This Useful Post:

    giggles7p (27 August 2009), mediamanoz (1 September 2009), Vrindavan (28 August 2009)

  7. #5
    pgaming's Avatar
    pgaming is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    July 2005
    Posts
    2,854
    Thanks
    414
    Thanked 215 Times in 164 Posts

    Default

    Closure of Affiliate Speed Pay I find very fitting indeed

    JMO

    greek39

  8. #6
    MichaelCorfman's Avatar
    MichaelCorfman is offline GPWA Executive Director
    Join Date
    June 2004
    Location
    Newton, MA
    Posts
    4,702
    Thanks
    1,089
    Thanked 6,365 Times in 2,041 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greek39 View Post
    Closure of Affiliate Speed Pay I find very fitting indeed
    There was a point in time when I would have shared that view. However, the relationships and associated issues that are the reasons I once would have shared that view had been long since been severed and I personally have felt very good about ASP since those issues were cleaned up. However, I think the negative publicity surrounding those former relationships did not go away fully after the relationships were severed, and I believe that the remaining negative publicity had to be a contributing factor in what just happened.

    Michael
    GPWA Executive Director, Casino City CEO, Friend to the Village Idiot
    Resources for Affiliates: iGamingDirectory.com, iGamingAffiliatePrograms.com, GamingMeets.com

  9. #7
    pgaming's Avatar
    pgaming is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    July 2005
    Posts
    2,854
    Thanks
    414
    Thanked 215 Times in 164 Posts

    Default

    I never considered ASP a viable payment option to begin with. The Architecture's behind ASP gave me reason to doubt.

    JMO

    greek39

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to pgaming For This Useful Post:

    Daera (31 August 2009)

  11. #8
    GamTrak's Avatar
    GamTrak is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    2,261
    Thanks
    1,678
    Thanked 890 Times in 629 Posts

    Default

    That is so true! Just this week I had to fill out some forms regarding my accounts (due to the international bank wires) at my small neighborhood bank and after it was all said and done, my accounts are now closed and I had to change the majority of my affiliate accounts to another bank account. Today I have to go to the bank and get my money out that came AFTER it was 'closed'.

    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelCorfman View Post
    Unfortunately, in this industry, there can be a lot of negative pressure with respect to banking relationships. I'm sure FBME liked the business but hated the negative pressure and scrutiny associated with a very visible payment system like Affiliate Speed Pay. I know, for example, that at Casino City we made a decision to remove mentioning the association from our website in response to requests we received to reduce the visibility of the association. And I'm sure what we knew about was the tip of a much bigger iceberg. Bankers are a conservative lot, and really don't like to be in the middle of things like this unless the money involved is substantial enough to make a real business difference. I'm guessing Affiliate Speed Pay wasn't large enough to counterbalance the associated nuisance factor from the banks perspective.

    Michael

  12. #9
    eaton2003's Avatar
    eaton2003 is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    September 2003
    Posts
    1,178
    Blog Entries
    8
    Thanks
    90
    Thanked 247 Times in 193 Posts

    Default

    Sorry to see them go, and possible a future payment provider will use words other than;

    FBME = Federal Bank of the Middle East

    As this alone put off some merchants joining up with even though they were based out of Cyprus. Wuold be nice to see another great ecard payment solution come by.
    Simon Eaton - Online marketing consultancy with 20 years experience

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •