Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    jono78 is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    April 2013
    Location
    london
    Posts
    195
    Thanks
    81
    Thanked 187 Times in 115 Posts

    Default Affiliates and non licensed programmes

    Since the new gambling commission licence came in to force i've dropped programmes that are not licensed. My main concern was the possible reaction from affiliate programmes that are licensed being advertised along side those that are not and the implications this may cause them. I should point out my websites are targeting UK customers but having recently had a look at the competition i've noticed there are quite a few larger affiliate programmes with .co.uk domains still advertising the non registered brands. Before taking brands off I contacted the affiliate managers and some said we do not have the licence but will accept players from the UK.

    My question is what are the implications for affiliates offering customers from the UK non licensed bookies, casino, etc. And do you think accounts could be closed as consequences of these actions.

  2. #2
    baldidiot is online now Private Member
    Join Date
    January 2010
    Posts
    4,163
    Thanks
    401
    Thanked 1,885 Times in 1,233 Posts

    Default

    It's now actually illegal to market non-UK licensed casinos to people in the UK, so if you're based here in blighty I'd definitely steer clear of non-licensed brands for the british market.
    onlinegamblingwebsites.com - Formally known as goodbonusguide.
    baldidiot.net - Baldys affiliate blog. Will get updated one day. Maybe.

  3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to baldidiot For This Useful Post:

    -Shay- (21 January 2015), jono78 (21 January 2015), Renee (21 January 2015)

  4. #3
    TheGooner's Avatar
    TheGooner is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    4,179
    Thanks
    1,899
    Thanked 4,118 Times in 1,954 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jono78 View Post
    My question is what are the implications for affiliates offering customers from the UK non licensed bookies, casino, etc. And do you think accounts could be closed as consequences of these actions.
    Could - maybe - who knows. Certainly the purpose of the new law is to try to bring more revenues - so I do imagine that there will be a crackdown on non-licensed advertising.

    That might even extend to punishing licensed affiliate programs appearing on "bad" sites - having the effect of making the programs enforcers of the code - as they will drop affiliates who promote "non-UK unlicensed" programs to UK players. But it's all speculation.

    What I do know is that if the program does not have a UK license then it is unlikely to be one of the TOP 5 places for UK player to be - so why are you recommending them ahead of good licensed programs?

  5. #4
    jono78 is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    April 2013
    Location
    london
    Posts
    195
    Thanks
    81
    Thanked 187 Times in 115 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGooner View Post
    Could - maybe - who knows. Certainly the purpose of the new law is to try to bring more revenues - so I do imagine that there will be a crackdown on non-licensed advertising.

    That might even extend to punishing licensed affiliate programs appearing on "bad" sites - having the effect of making the programs enforcers of the code - as they will drop affiliates who promote "non-UK unlicensed" programs to UK players. But it's all speculation.

    What I do know is that if the program does not have a UK license then it is unlikely to be one of the TOP 5 places for UK player to be - so why are you recommending them ahead of good licensed programs?
    Which programmes am I recommending that aren't licensed. I know i have comeon on their but their are no banners or outbound links but they are in the process of getting a licence.

  6. #5
    FictionNet is offline Closed by Request
    Join Date
    December 1969
    Posts
    5,265
    Thanks
    1,435
    Thanked 1,260 Times in 654 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jono78 View Post
    I know i have comeon on their but their are no banners or outbound links but they are in the process of getting a licence.
    Is ComeOn not UK licensed yet? They told me back in September, "Yep, we get our full UK license for casino October 1st and Sports January 1st."

  7. #6
    jono78 is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    April 2013
    Location
    london
    Posts
    195
    Thanks
    81
    Thanked 187 Times in 115 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FictionNet View Post
    Is ComeOn not UK licensed yet? They told me back in September, "Yep, we get our full UK license for casino October 1st and Sports January 1st."
    As far as i'm aware they have applied but the site is currently down for maintenance till its approved or the process is complete. Sports that is.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to jono78 For This Useful Post:

    FictionNet (22 January 2015)

  9. #7
    FictionNet is offline Closed by Request
    Join Date
    December 1969
    Posts
    5,265
    Thanks
    1,435
    Thanked 1,260 Times in 654 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jono78 View Post
    As far as i'm aware they have applied but the site is currently down for maintenance till its approved or the process is complete. Sports that is.
    Thanks, I'm checking with them. Looks like it may just be sports that's awaited then.

  10. #8
    FictionNet is offline Closed by Request
    Join Date
    December 1969
    Posts
    5,265
    Thanks
    1,435
    Thanked 1,260 Times in 654 Posts

    Default

    Had a quick confirmation from ComeOn, the casino licence is sorted - "sportsbook won’t be live until March at the earliest"

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to FictionNet For This Useful Post:

    jono78 (22 January 2015)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •