Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1. #1
    Casinoprisen is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    June 2016
    Location
    Odense
    Posts
    17
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default Greetings! Advice needed.

    Dear colleague players and affiliate gurus,

    I have started a rather ambitious project in Denmark. As a poker player I am experienced to say the least, but I am worried that it is not going to help me a lot as an affiliate. Do you know if anyone has ever made something like a check up list to what elements a well performing affiliate site should include? As of now, my website has pretty much nothing there other than texts and a couple affiliate links.

    Any advice will be greatly appreciated!

  2. #2
    gaffg's Avatar
    gaffg is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    224
    Blog Entries
    11
    Thanks
    68
    Thanked 156 Times in 77 Posts

    Default

    Being a professional poker player will help you at least be good at business but for everything else you will have to learn.

    It is not easy coming up with just a basic checklist that you can just follow and be on the path to success. How you start things and your strategy will greatly influence whether you will be successful or not.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to gaffg For This Useful Post:

    Vrindavan (23 June 2016)

  4. #3
    Casinoprisen is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    June 2016
    Location
    Odense
    Posts
    17
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    Thanks for your reply. I understand you, however I am thinking that affiliates must have experience with what they do, and that there probably are a lot of do's and dont's within the community

  5. #4
    Casinoprisen is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    June 2016
    Location
    Odense
    Posts
    17
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    I just checked out your website, and it turns out there are quite a lot of interesting stuff on there, like the article with Marius Filip You seem like quite the guru yourself! I am going to read your start up guide now.

  6. #5
    gaffg's Avatar
    gaffg is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    224
    Blog Entries
    11
    Thanks
    68
    Thanked 156 Times in 77 Posts

    Default

    It's easier to share your site or ideas to get feedback unless you are concerned your ideas would be used by someone else.

    There is a lot to learn and you could spend every day reading but always better to do something, get content up and get feedback.

  7. #6
    Casinoprisen is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    June 2016
    Location
    Odense
    Posts
    17
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    I agree with you. My website is http://casinoprisen.dk/ - but as you can see, I only have the texts ready and a couple affiliate links. There is no traffic, but my friend will help me with Google. The site is completely open for new inputs and at the moment I am doing my best to gather inspiration from other English sites. My site is Danish, so I don't think people will mind if I let myself inspire

  8. #7
    AnaDavid is offline Former AM
    Join Date
    October 2015
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    Hi,

    I'm not an affiliate myself, but we do work with a lot of affiliates who want to launch casino white-labels, and a big part of their success is having very good SEO strategies in place (allowing them to rank highly for relevant keywords on their niche) and wider networks of interconnected affiliate sites boosting their ranking.

  9. #8
    Miles_FTA's Avatar
    Miles_FTA is offline No longer with Fast Track
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,490
    Thanks
    121
    Thanked 540 Times in 405 Posts

    Default

    Its simply a case of asking people the write questions people will always try assist you so here is a good starting point why not draft a lsit of questions you think you need answers to and ask them and let people reply im sure after a few replies you'll soon get the idea of if this is for you or not .. This game isn't easy but there are many successful guys out there that can shed some light on your difficult questions ..

  10. #9
    chaumi is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2013
    Location
    East Midlands
    Posts
    1,640
    Thanks
    570
    Thanked 840 Times in 617 Posts

    Default

    Just to make sure, CasinoPrisen...we're talking about casinoprisen.dk here, right? And how to approach building it up.

  11. #10
    LTDAndy is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    January 2007
    Posts
    35
    Blog Entries
    11
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts

    Default

    Hi,

    I can possibly help you out with some advise, couple of questions - are you solely going after poker players or are you wanting casino and slots too? Your site implies casino to start with.

    With regards to Poker, attracting players of the size to earn decent money at a site other than pokerstars which most people have already is challenging.

    Drop me a message and we can discuss.
    Andy

    www.LTDPoker.com

    Live the Dream...

    Check out my new website dedicated to Free Slots and the Best Online Casinos UK
    www.slotsipedia.com

    We are including a monthly slot usage / popularity feature which includes statistics based on slots type be it Video Slots, Classic Slots or Progressive Jackpots from all of the key operators.
    Our Current Top 3 Games:
    Play Rainbow Riches, Gonzos Quest for Free and Play Starburst Slot.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to LTDAndy For This Useful Post:

    Casinoprisen (20 June 2016)

  13. #11
    Casinoprisen is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    June 2016
    Location
    Odense
    Posts
    17
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    Yes, chaumi, that is correct

  14. #12
    Casinoprisen is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    June 2016
    Location
    Odense
    Posts
    17
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    Thatnks for your words here! I am looking to target all of the above. Slots, poker, blackjack and roulette. Denmark is a small country, so my ambitions are big

  15. #13
    Casinoprisen is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    June 2016
    Location
    Odense
    Posts
    17
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    I just made my signature here, so I guess it was just a matter of time before I got authorized to insert my link to my website. Sorry for stressing
    Poker player, affiliate newbie and always interested in constructive criticism of my website http://casinoprisen.dk/

  16. #14
    gaffg's Avatar
    gaffg is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    224
    Blog Entries
    11
    Thanks
    68
    Thanked 156 Times in 77 Posts

    Default

    Not easy mixing all of the gambling topics into one especially casino and poker. The site implies it is more casino focused so best to stick to one unless you want to try the generic gambling topic which most here might not recommend

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to gaffg For This Useful Post:

    Casinoprisen (20 June 2016)

  18. #15
    chaumi is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2013
    Location
    East Midlands
    Posts
    1,640
    Thanks
    570
    Thanked 840 Times in 617 Posts

    Default

    I'd tend to agree with Gaffg on the poker side...unless what you really mean are the casino poker variants. Casiniprisen.dk should of course be able to cover all of the casino related subjects.

    I'd suggest take some time at the start to plan structure, covering everything is a big task. Planning now will help down the line.

    For example - Slots......How to play, where to play, slots types, slots software, slots tournaments, progressives, etc etc etc.

    Take a look at Wonderpunter' site Casinowhizz as an example of a recently created site that will show what you might want to aspire to.....https://www.gpwa.org/forum/how-build-casino-traffic-brand-new-site-journal-225747.html?

    This is the type of content you need to be aiming for. If the competition is not great in Danish language you may not have to do it so well, if the competition is strong already you will at least need to match their quality and probably better it.

    Either way the initial focus is on building the best site you can - design, structure, presentation, content. And along the way you'll need to learn about on and off page SEO, design techniques, calls to action etc
    Last edited by chaumi; 20 June 2016 at 6:29 pm. Reason: typo

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to chaumi For This Useful Post:

    Casinoprisen (20 June 2016)

  20. #16
    chaumi is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2013
    Location
    East Midlands
    Posts
    1,640
    Thanks
    570
    Thanked 840 Times in 617 Posts

    Default

    ...and some brief comments on what you have so far.....

    I can't understand Danish...so we'll assume it's well written and grammatically correct (this will be important for your readers of course and search engines).

    Right now you have a lot of text that probably won't get read. That's not to say it's not valuable, but readers will probably skim it and baulk at reading long paragraphs. Suggest consider breaking the paragraphs up further and using more media - images, video - interspersed with the text.

    If you work on structure for each area you want to cover - for example your high level page on roulette could feed into various sub pages covering other aspects of roulette - then you also create opportunities to introduce internal (in content) links between pages.
    Last edited by chaumi; 20 June 2016 at 7:22 pm. Reason: typo

  21. #17
    Casinoprisen is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    June 2016
    Location
    Odense
    Posts
    17
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    @Gaffg - I assume the competition in the generic field is pretty hardcore then in English. Most Danish affiliate sites target multiple niches, and I decided my profile through the keyword planner to make sure I will get the most traffic. I understand it will be harder to rank on all niches, but if others can do it - so can I I hope

    @Chaumi - thanks for the feedbcak and your thoughts! I really appreciate it! You got me thinking a bit harder on the whole setup. I like your idea regarding making sub-pages
    Poker player, affiliate newbie and always interested in constructive criticism of my website http://casinoprisen.dk/

  22. #18
    matthewt's Avatar
    matthewt is offline On Vacation
    Join Date
    July 2006
    Location
    US
    Posts
    526
    Blog Entries
    2
    Thanks
    1,003
    Thanked 140 Times in 111 Posts

    Post Html5

    Html5 and CSS education are important!


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •