Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    justbookies is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    September 2009
    Posts
    1,289
    Thanks
    527
    Thanked 864 Times in 513 Posts

    Default AKbets - Rev Share Slashed Warning (RESOLVED)

    Haven't been promoting AKbets long but joined on their default 25%. Randomly took a look at the account today and they have reduced rev share to 10%. No email from them. No communication.

    If you promote AKbets then log in and just check they haven't slashed your rev share on the quiet.

    I've found they have become poor at responding to emails, though they were fine at the start. I have been referring players, not that many, but I have achieved their criteria for not being terminated ("If an Affiliate does not generate any registrations for the Company for greater than a two (2) month period, the Company may terminate this Agreement with or without notice to Affiliate"). Beware.

  2. #2
    invinciblepoker is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    March 2013
    Posts
    161
    Thanks
    16
    Thanked 57 Times in 44 Posts

    Default

    wow, that's a predatory double-sandwich

  3. #3
    Cash Bonus's Avatar
    Cash Bonus is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,450
    Thanks
    9,150
    Thanked 3,005 Times in 2,217 Posts

    Default

    I'm really sorry to hear about your daunting experience with this program. It's very sad to read such things like this, as the cost of living is on the rise and everything in general only seems to be getting more difficult.

  4. #4
    newcustomeroffer is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    January 2018
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,365
    Thanks
    237
    Thanked 602 Times in 473 Posts

    Default

    I've listened to some of the AK podcasts recently - for what it's worth, there's some good stuff on some of them and AK himself isn't afraid to have a view on things which is refreshing - and there's been more than a few subtle hints that he and other bookies will be finding ways to squeeze more money out of each part of the process, including what they pay affiliates.

    That said to do this without notification is a bit naughty.
    For the latest bookmaker new customer offers visit https://www.newcustomeroffer.co.uk/

  5. #5
    justbookies is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    September 2009
    Posts
    1,289
    Thanks
    527
    Thanked 864 Times in 513 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by newcustomeroffer View Post
    I've listened to some of the AK podcasts recently - for what it's worth, there's some good stuff on some of them and AK himself isn't afraid to have a view on things which is refreshing - and there's been more than a few subtle hints that he and other bookies will be finding ways to squeeze more money out of each part of the process, including what they pay affiliates.

    That said to do this without notification is a bit naughty.
    Yes, I see he thinks he's a bit of a character and likes attention. I also see a lot of people think he's rude as hell and the implication is he revels in that (fecked up if he does).

    I read Trustpilot and in among some obviously fake 5* reviews were plenty of people treated like sh1te and having their player account closed on basis of being "arb" players etc. I guess some were and some weren't, and it doesn't help that AKbets go longest on most selections and then call people "arb" players when they take advantage. So they close accounts very readily but the thing that stood out is the person replying to them on Trustpilot on behalf of AKbets was rude as feck. Over and over they responded very aggressively to these people. It's not clever in a business based on trust.

    AKbets seem like a back-street bookies the way they operate. Slashing rev share for a fairly new affiliate without any communication or discussion, never replying to emails (since my opening post I went back and looked at emails I sent them and saw they never got any response). If an affiliate program acts like that then it is managed by incompetents.

    I'll send them my first invoice at the start of next month. At the moment over £800 has built up that is owed, which really is no big deal, but I suspect they won't pay up because the AK bets affiliate team have a culture of ignoring emails. Hopefully they respond to my email from yesterday and address the issue and make things right but I won't be holding my breath and I will be removing these amateurs off my site. Sometimes you only find out how bad a program is by trying it. At the moment, they seem like clowns and my advice to others would be to avoid them at all cost. I'll update if they actually bother to address this.

  6. #6
    sportsbookh's Avatar
    sportsbookh is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    31
    Thanks
    44
    Thanked 18 Times in 12 Posts

    Default

    Absolutely disgusting behaviour. Seeing this a lot lately. Constant passive-aggressive reminders from affiliate managers to “amp up” the traffic. After pushing me down to 10% once already, I now know better... Not naming names but… go pound sand, Cloudbet. Time to move on.

  7. #7
    justbookies is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    September 2009
    Posts
    1,289
    Thanks
    527
    Thanked 864 Times in 513 Posts

    Default

    Update: I have received a response. They acknowledge the 10% was an error and have changed back to 25%. I did remove AKbets from the site and I think they only looked at it today. They talk of ending our arrangement, though I can understand that if they can't currently see the brand on my site. I am hoping we can agree to work together and I can reinstate the AKbets brand on my site. I await their email reply.

  8. #8
    justbookies is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    September 2009
    Posts
    1,289
    Thanks
    527
    Thanked 864 Times in 513 Posts

    Default

    All misunderstandings are now resolved. Communication has been excellent today.

    Please feel free to mark this thread as 'resolved' if you see fit.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to justbookies For This Useful Post:

    sportsbookh (2 March 2026)

  10. #9
    bingoreviews is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    112
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 45 Times in 36 Posts

    Default

    they closed my account for not bringing in enough players, be very careful with these
    Visit FreeBetsUK.uk for the best free bets UK customers can claim

  11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bingoreviews For This Useful Post:

    invinciblepoker (3 March 2026), justbookies (3 March 2026)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •