martinseomcgarry is offline Private Member
    Thanks

Default Anyone interested in chatting SEO at LAC

I'm attending the SEO related talks on Friday and wondered if anyone would like to meet after and chat about the session?

I'm happy to find a breakout area and grab a few chairs to go through what has been discussed, answer questions, talk to brands, newbies, the curios and get our heads together as like minded iGaming & SEO enthusiasts.

Thanks Martin

SEO Manager WhichBingo.co.uk

2. The Following User Says Thank You to martinseomcgarry For This Useful Post:

Gamblogger (19 January 2016)

DanHorvat is offline Private Member
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,290 Times in 760 Posts

Would love to compare notes. If someone taps you on your left shoulder and is actually standing on your right, it's probably me.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DanHorvat View Post
    Would love to compare notes. If someone taps you on your left shoulder and is actually standing on your right, it's probably me.
    No problem, i'm very interested in what the agency guru's have to say, as there have been some high-profile 'agency' cockups in the last 12months in relation to a couple of iGaming brands.

it'll be good to get together as a collective and share opinions on their presentations.

I'll PM you on the day and let you know where I am. or we can exchange numbers before hand?

thebookiesoffers is offline Former Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,764 Times in 1,009 Posts

I have no interest listening to these "experts" after seeing a video of one such expert at a conference in the past advising all to spin as many articles as possible and blast them to as many article directories as possible. great advice

suppose listening to some of the trend anaylisis (however you spell the thing) things might be interesting

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thebookiesoffers For This Useful Post:

Roulette Zeitung (26 January 2016), wonderpunter (21 January 2016)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thebookiesoffers View Post
    I have no interest listening to these "experts" after seeing a video of one such expert at a conference in the past advising all to spin as many articles as possible and blast them to as many article directories as possible. great advice

suppose listening to some of the trend anaylisis (however you spell the thing) things might be interesting
    Hahaha.... yeah it would be good to see what they come up with this year! My opinion is, they have no idea what the real world of gambling seo is like. I'm just interested in helping people after dissect the advice. If they give out the wrong message I think we should help each other out and discuss what we've discovered is right and wrong.

Agencies have 1 or 2 people working on your campaign maybe 2 or 3 hours out of the day, they treat gambling sites like any other niche and have no clue of how risky the category is.

I've got some pretty cool trend analysis to offer on a recent bingo study that I put together, its interesting stuff and could put us affiliates at the heart of the conversation. After all we are the biggest providers of links in the biz - doesn't matter if its NoFollows, DoFollows, Banners, API's etc. Affilaites send out the most links and I think the brands need to wake up and acknowledge that.

benl12 is offline Private Member
    Thanks

I'll be up for meeting up to discuss. Since Penguin 1, I've been so disillusioned with SEO, every change seems to be bad for affiliates, with Hummingbird being the final nail in the coffin for me. All I really do nowadays is write good content and pray I'll send you a PM.

JackTenSuited is offline Private Member
    Thanks

Last time I went to a conference 'SEO' talk they spent 15 mins going on about meta keywords tag. I gave up after that.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to JackTenSuited For This Useful Post:

star (21 January 2016)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JackTenSuited View Post
    Last time I went to a conference 'SEO' talk they spent 15 mins going on about meta keywords tag. I gave up after that.
    Exactly!!! There are hundreds of gambling website owners doing SEO everyday... and all too often at these conferences, the organisers ask agencies to speak who have very little insight into the gambling industry.

I'm not saying i'm the expert, but I've been doing this for many years and I am employed by the UKs number 1 ranked bingo affiliate for that reason. I absolutely cringe when I hear some of the messages coming from these agencies and i'm trying to help!

So my offer is... if you want to pick my brains after one of these presentations, I'm happy to sit down with a group and chat about what's just been delivered.

star is offline Public Member
    Thanks

The main problem these agencies have, often without even realizing it, is that they have nothing that proves their claims contain any substance.

Some years ago, I think it was at LAC, I politely asked a speaker to name one of his websites and maybe some keywords it ranks for.

His response: What do you mean?

There is no better selling proposition than showing some rankings right there and then. Even if the site was just created for that purpose.

And of course, I am referring to the gambling industry. Not pink dogs in pyjamas.

Needless to say, I no longer visit any SEO panels or speeches.

Later

13. The Following User Says Thank You to star For This Useful Post:

RacingJim (22 January 2016)

RacingJim is offline Public Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,361 Times in 839 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by star View Post
    The main problem these agencies have, often without even realizing it, is that they have nothing that proves their claims contain any substance.

Some years ago, I think it was at LAC, I politely asked a speaker to name one of his websites and maybe some keywords it ranks for.

His response: What do you mean?

There is no better selling proposition than showing some rankings right there and then. Even if the site was just created for that purpose.

And of course, I am referring to the gambling industry. Not pink dogs in pyjamas.

Needless to say, I no longer visit any SEO panels or speeches.

Later
    Agree, if they can talk the talk they should be able to walk the walk.

Proof of some good ranking sites should be bare minimum for any credible SEO agency/speaker otherwise what's the point?

benl12 is offline Private Member
    Thanks

Agree, if they can talk the talk they should be able to walk the walk.

Proof of some good ranking sites should be bare minimum for any credible SEO agency/speaker otherwise what's the point?
    Agree with first bit but I can see why even genuinely good seos not mention their site. Back in the day, when seo was easy, revealing your site was just an invitation to get cloned. Its not as bad today but I can see why speakers, even if they did rank things for real, don't want to reveal their sites in front of a load of enterprising seos.

MrBinaryAff is offline Private Member
    Thanks

I have listened to about 3 conference talks at LAC/AAC/BAC throughout my life and I can tell you that about 1% of info was helpful and new to me.
    My website: http://mrbinary.co.uk/

Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/MrBinaryAff
    Like my pictures on Instagram: https://instagram.com/mrbinary

Thanks

....... back on topic!

Who actually wants to meet after the talks to chat about the presentations?

newstd100 is offline Public Member
    Thanks

I'm only there on the Friday, but would be good to meet up (for a beer) if people are happy to.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to newstd100 For This Useful Post:

martinseomcgarry (28 January 2016)

Roulette Zeitung is offline Public Member
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,901 Times in 3,000 Posts

thebookiesoffers
    "I have no interest listening to these "experts" after seeing a video of one such expert at a conference"

Same with before and after pictures of slimming products, muddled predictions by TV psychics or statement, that each day the attractive Nina brings lonely hearts together at her marriage bureau in Buford, Wyoming.

There are as many SEO myths than stars in the sky. Hundreds of experts - each and every one of them - are allegedly the best in the world but can't explain why again and again some of the top 10 places will be owned by "amateurs", people, who decided to invest their time in content instead of chasing after rumors.
    Well, different strokes for different folks.

And when you are at a dead end in a SEO chat, believe me: It's the blink of an eye to open a new drawer, the negative SEO drawer.

Leopold

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Roulette Zeitung For This Useful Post:

MrBinaryAff (27 January 2016)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Roulette Zeitung View Post
    thebookiesoffers
    "I have no interest listening to these "experts" after seeing a video of one such expert at a conference"

Same with before and after pictures of slimming products, muddled predictions by TV psychics or statement, that each day the attractive Nina brings lonely hearts together at her marriage bureau in Buford, Wyoming.

There are as many SEO myths than stars in the sky. Hundreds of experts - each and every one of them - are allegedly the best in the world but can't explain why again and again some of the top 10 places will be owned by "amateurs", people, who decided to invest their time in content instead of chasing after rumors.
    Well, different strokes for different folks.

And when you are at a dead end in a SEO chat, believe me: It's the blink of an eye to open a new drawer, the negative SEO drawer.

Leopold

I agree with 90% of that!!

But SEO is not always about HOW you force your way to the top! Its also about understanding why you get traffic, where its going, were its converting, why your rank shifts around. its more than just SERPs.