casionmark is offline Private Member
    Thanks

Default Backlinking value question

Ok - so if a site with decent authority (50+) and very good traffic numbers will offer a link, but its on a page on their 'news' blog which is linked from home page, and retains the DA but probably has little traffic itself (bar someone clicking through from the home page via a link at the bottom of the page).

Does this link still have good value? I would write the article myself so it would have good context.

Thanks,
    Mark

citizen42 is offline Public Member
    Thanks

as I understand it's going to be a post/page that will disappear from the news section some day, as others will be added.
    If so, then it will have some value for as long as it's on the news page, and less and less as it goes back in pagination.

another thing to consider, if the website ranks well, the post you provide may rank as well, so that value you get may increase.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to citizen42 For This Useful Post:

casionmark (18 September 2018)

Thanks

Thanks. What if the page you acquired the link on doesn't really rank, and it quickly disappears from the home page (other news supersedes it). Does the fact the site has a DA 55 or whatever count for anything? Or if that page drops away and no one really reads it or visits it - does that simply negate the backlink value.

Thanks

It will still have some value, but much less. I find this types of links a little useful only for new websites, to have some kind of link portfolio

6. The Following User Says Thank You to citizen42 For This Useful Post:

casionmark (19 September 2018)

RichardV is offline Private Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by casionmark View Post
    Thanks. What if the page you acquired the link on doesn't really rank, and it quickly disappears from the home page (other news supersedes it). Does the fact the site has a DA 55 or whatever count for anything? Or if that page drops away and no one really reads it or visits it - does that simply negate the backlink value.
    it's a question with a logical answer i THINK. if it would be an amazing article then it would get backlinks and get stronger. if not, google at a certain moment even might as well not index it any longer. that said, if you can get that link, why not, just don't over do the anchor text on it and don't have too high expectations.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to RichardV For This Useful Post:

casionmark (19 September 2018)

Thanks

Ok, and in this instance, even if the PA of the link is 30 and the DA 60, if its' not getting traffic and disappears down into the depths of the site over time then its not worth much?

Thanks

Yes, I'd say so.

Anchovy is offline Private Member
    Thanks

Always thought that the main point of backlinks is getting the famous SEO juice, which has nothing to do with traffic.

In other words, high-authority-website backlink doesn't have to generate traffic.

thomasandreas is offline Private Member
    Thanks

An authority of 50+ is really good! I think what it comes down to is the price. And what other options do you have at that price range.

petimi is offline Public Member
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

The closer your article is to the homepage or any other high DA section of the site the more juice your link retains.
    Whenever I buy a paid article placement on a site, I always check if the site has decent organic traffic with tools like SEMRush.

If there are good keywords in the report that I think can be relevant to my site I try to use those keywords and hope that the article itself will rank within the site. Since the site is already getting traffic for the keyword, it is likely that my copy will contribute to the rankings and gets organic hits too, potentially delivering traffic to my site too via the backlink.

Just out of curiosity - how much are you willing to pay for such DA50+ backlink?

Thanks

Ok. Can't say how much I'd pay - for obvious reasons. I think it depends on which way you want to go - a few high value links, or many at a lower value. If you have 50+ links from genuinely good sites though, PM me.