spinoza is offline Private Member
    Thanks

Default Banned from Google ??

Hi,

I just got picked up by Google a couple of weeks ago and as of today can't find any of my pages anymore!!

Do you have any clues why this happened and what I can do to reverse it?

One clue I can provide is the fact that I used a package called WebPosition Gold a few times for position checking. But I only used it a couple of times (5-10), just to test the software! I submitted manually to Google and did not use *any* automatic submit programs at *any* search engine.

Well if I am not picked up by Google I might as well close business.

Kind regards,

S.

Thanks

please don't make any references to Friday the 13th in your replies

baraucs is offline Private Member
    Thanks

It's not the end of the world just yet, when google's tooling around it's not uncommon for odd things to happen, including disappearing pages, links not found, yadda yadda.

Your PR is 'not ranked' as opposed to a 0 of 10, so it looks more like a temporary thing than a ban. Wait a week and check again...
    Why not check out some non-gaming Affiliate Programs too?

Lee
    Lee is offline Public Member
    Thanks

If there is no Pagerank then that means that your site is not in Google. If it was in Google before then it is quite possible that it has been removed. Only you can answer this really though, were you doing anything that Google might have deemed unethical. Doorway pages, hidden links, etc?
    If you were then this is probably why you are now banned.
    If you weren't then it is advisable to email google at search-quality@google.com
    It could just be that your site "fell" out, accidents happen. If this is the case it will be back in at the end of the month.
    Web Position Gold can be a valuable search engine positioning tool. But like anything else it can also be abused. If anyone would like a trial you can download a free one from www.web-position-gold.biz

croupier is offline Public Member
    Thanks

Google updates on a cycle of approximatly 28 days, if your site was added during this 'monthly' update then it will remain in google until the next full update - if it is removed in one of googles full monthly updates then you're in trouble.

Between full updates google sends out it's spiders. If a googelbot spots a new site it will often add it to the search results but it will only stay in the results for a couple of days. This is what sounds like has happened to your site, don't worry. The fact that it showed up for a couple of days means that Google has visited and you will almost definitly be listed in the next full update.

Next Google update is impossible to predict, but updates most often start on a Sunday and last about 5 days. In this 5 day period googles results will swap and change between different databases, so don't worry if your site is in one day and out the next - or changes it's rankings. Once this 'dance' is over you'll know for certain how well you did.

The main Google database can be viewed, of course, at www.google.com and other dBs can be seen at http://www2.google.com and http://www3.google.com

My guess for the next update is Sunday 22nd Sept.

Thanks

Thanks all,

Croupier: your description fits really well to what happened to my listings. I was already wondering why I was showing up in Google so quickly. I supose I was spidered between crawls because I am using their adwords program.
    I'll just have to be patient then, not one of my better qualities

Regards,

S.

VPJunkie is offline Private Member
    Thanks

I'll just have to be patient then, not one of my better qualities
    Join the club. :-? :LOL: :LOL:

jimmyB42 is offline Public Member
    Thanks

same thing happened to me, my site was in Googles search results shortly after i submitted it then week later gone , no pagerank no nothing.

I did the same thing, 'what did i do to get banned??' I was back in after the next update so don't worry too much I'd just wait and see if your back in then.

DVS007 is offline Private Member
    Thanks

same thing happens to me every time I launch a new site.

No worries.