Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    vinism's Avatar
    vinism is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2006
    Location
    Imported from Detroit
    Posts
    1,209
    Blog Entries
    4
    Thanks
    428
    Thanked 337 Times in 173 Posts

    Default 7 SEO myths that need to be busted

    Search Engine Journal has a nice piece on 7 SEO myths. It argues that these practices, while once rooted in reality, really need to die. My favorite (myth) that needs to be busted is spammy comments/forum posts will build link juice.

    http://www.searchenginejournal.com/d...believe/31511/

  2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to vinism For This Useful Post:

    casinoplanet (24 August 2011), robertmedl (17 August 2011), Vrindavan (19 August 2011)

  3. #2
    Mysterio is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    August 2011
    Posts
    26
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    I've seen plenty of these and this one included - it's crazy that some people believe some of them.

  4. #3
    davemerry's Avatar
    davemerry is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    June 2010
    Location
    London
    Posts
    751
    Thanks
    332
    Thanked 230 Times in 182 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vinism View Post
    My favorite (myth) that needs to be busted is spammy comments/forum posts will build link juice.
    Gotta agree with you there, although judging by the amount of spam comments my blog gets (at least 1 an hour!), I get the feeling the myth will live on for a good few years yet!

  5. #4
    TheBoy is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    October 2010
    Posts
    42
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Great article!Thanks for sharing
    I totally agree with the myth N4 about more content always being better

  6. #5
    Muppet is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    December 2007
    Posts
    577
    Thanks
    166
    Thanked 661 Times in 290 Posts

    Default

    Seeing as there was only 6 myths in the "top 7" article I'll add number 7.

    7. Google PageRank matters.

    If I had a dollar for every time someone offered to sell me links on a blog filled with either machine generated articles or articles written by barely literate students being paid $5 an hour that has PR3 (wow!!!) because they bought an expired domain that has almost zero incoming links and is worthless - and they want more than $2 for a link - then I would be a very very rich man.

  7. #6
    thebookiesoffers is offline Former Member
    Join Date
    November 2009
    Location
    Leicester, UK
    Posts
    3,225
    Thanks
    412
    Thanked 1,764 Times in 1,009 Posts

    Default

    you are getting page rank and the google page rank toolbar mixed up mate. page rank is worth considering but that little green bar in the toolbar means nothing

  8. #7
    davemerry's Avatar
    davemerry is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    June 2010
    Location
    London
    Posts
    751
    Thanks
    332
    Thanked 230 Times in 182 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Muppet View Post
    Seeing as there was only 6 myths in the "top 7" article I'll add number 7.

    7. Google PageRank matters.

    If I had a dollar for every time someone offered to sell me links on a blog filled with either machine generated articles or articles written by barely literate students being paid $5 an hour that has PR3 (wow!!!) because they bought an expired domain that has almost zero incoming links and is worthless - and they want more than $2 for a link - then I would be a very very rich man.
    Haha if I had a dollar every time I would probably be on a beach by now! I've given up ranting about it, let them focus on something useless

  9. #8
    Topboss is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2002
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    2,407
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    574
    Thanked 475 Times in 246 Posts

    Default

    Very good tips! But now one grabbed my attention.
    I have read that keywords in the meta tags have no importance any more, but I still tend to use them, more out of habit than anything else. I don't keyword stuff though, just pop 1 or 2 keywords in the metatages.
    Should I ditch them altogether?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •