Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. #1
    Buddy.'s Avatar
    Buddy. is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    June 2006
    Posts
    105
    Thanks
    21
    Thanked 11 Times in 8 Posts

    Default My favourite affiliate sites and why?

    I've recently launched a new site and now its up and running I'm faced with the task of trying to build back links to it. Rather than actually getting on on doing this I've been doing everything I can to avoid it!

    In an attempt to delay the link building process by a few more hours I managed to convince myself that it would be more useful to benchmark some of the leading affiliate sites across the major gambling categories. You know, have a look at what they are doing and what makes them popular with visitors and search engines.

    Having spent a morning doing this I thought I'd share my thoughts:

    Poker:
    Pokerlistings.com
    Why? Not only does it rank well for a hyper competitive term ("poker" 2,740,000 exact monthly global searches according to Google Adwords Keyword tool), but this site in my opinion offers everything that a poker player and fan could ever want. Is there a better affialite site out there? I certainly haven't seen one.

    Casino:
    casinochoice.co.uk/
    Ranks well and a good looking site. This is the first affiliate that I knew about that actually did their own TV advert! How can I compete with that....?

    Bingo:
    bingoport.co.uk
    Why? It ranks well for 'bingo', a highly competitive term and this site is only 2 years old. Is this proof that rankings for highly competitive terms can still be attained if you have the right business model, staff and funding?

    Sports Betting:
    oddschecker.com/ - Great site but now that Sky own them are we really comparining 'apples with apples'?
    so instead I'd go for easyodds.com/
    I'm not so keen on the uncluttered look of this site, but it has some great features and content that would make me come back to the site on a regular basis.

    News:
    Gambling911.com/
    Now, I know this is more tabloid (News of the World) than broadsheet (The Times), but I enjoy checking out this site every now and again for amusing articles. Is it just me or do some of the images they use on the site look mis-sized?

    Video content:
    apcw.org/
    Slick, professional and amusing. I didn't realise how good it is until stumbled across some other sites who have attempted to do a similar thing - some rather badly.

    Niche sites:
    rleague.com/
    I'm not a huge rugby league fan but I came across this site and it looks like it has some great content and I could see why rugby league punters would keep on returning.

    Does anyone have any other sites that they like?

  2. #2
    Anthony's Avatar
    Anthony is offline GPWA/APCW Program Director
    Join Date
    June 2003
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    7,294
    Blog Entries
    67
    Thanks
    2,201
    Thanked 3,609 Times in 1,901 Posts

    Default

    Video content:
    apcw.org/
    Slick, professional and amusing. I didn't realise how good it is until stumbled across some other sites who have attempted to do a similar thing - some rather badly.


    We appreciate you watching!
    I am here to help if you have any issues with an affiliate program.
    Become involved in GPWA to truly make the association your own:
    Apply for Private Membership | Apply for the GPWA Seal | Partner with a GPWA Sponsor | Volunteer as a Moderator


Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •