Hi all,
Myself and the people I sit with in the office were just wondering which gaming company set up the first affiliate Program.
We didn't know the answer but I thought I know who will!
So no pressure GPWA but can anyone tell me
Cheers
Ben
Hi all,
Myself and the people I sit with in the office were just wondering which gaming company set up the first affiliate Program.
We didn't know the answer but I thought I know who will!
So no pressure GPWA but can anyone tell me
Cheers
Ben
Ben Lee
Casino Affiliate Exec
Tel: 0113 2079288
Email: ben.lee@betfair.com
IM: benthomaslee@yahoo.co.uk
Skype: benthomslee
Interesting question...I've read a bit about how CPC started with Adult websites, then CDNOW and then Amazon made it more main stream, but I'd be interested in this answer...
Head of Client Services | TAG Media
benthomaslee (28 October 2010)
benthomaslee (28 October 2010)
I heard the same thing about Amazon being the first although below is the Wiki view on it.
Who do you think teh first gaming company was, I understand Referback is a bloody old program, maybe Intertops? They took the first online bet
Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Affiliate_marketingOriginally Posted by Wikipedia
iGB Affiliate - The biggest magazine and events for affiliates in igaming
benthomaslee (28 October 2010)
Referback is certainly one of the oldest, they apparently began in 1999. There are a couple other programs that claim they're the oldest though so I'm interested in hearing the answer as well.
Terry - The Pokerkeep
President / CEO - Gambling Affiliates Union
Casino Affiliate Programs
Affiliate Resources
Gambling Affiliate Program Blacklist
Email: admin @ thepokerkeep.com
benthomaslee (28 October 2010)
When i started in 2001, some of the older programs were Casino Coins, Referback, Slotland and Tradal.
The Lottery Guy:
UK National Lottery Results
AllLotto on Facebook and AllLotto at Twitter
Free AllLotto US iPhone app
benthomaslee (28 October 2010)
Our group (Casino Rewards) came together in 1999, and our affiliate program (Rewards Affiliates) started in either 2000 or 2001.
Casino-on-net for some reason rings a bell as maybe being the first?
__________________
Renee, Affiliate Program Manager
http://www.RewardsAffiliates.com
Affiliate Program for CasinoRewards.com
Best Affiliate Manager - CAP Awards 2008
Best Casino Affiliate Manager - CAP Awards 2009
Best Casino Affiliate Manager - iGB Affiliate Awards 2010
benthomaslee (28 October 2010)
I was playing casino on net in mid to late 90s for sure but not sure if they had an affiliate program back then.
benthomaslee (28 October 2010), Renee (25 October 2010)
Ben,
It must be nice to sit around all day and think of "Affiliate Trivia" while us purveyors of portal poop are out here slugging it out with Google to get another URL on a front page SERP. Send me a sample of what you guys are smoking.
![]()
Jimmie T
And God said he would make kind and obedient women for all men and spread them to the four corners of the Earth.
Then he made the world round and laughed his A** off.
www.joinsportsnetwork.com
www.bestcasinoonlinenow.com
benthomaslee (28 October 2010)
To give you an idea of how it came about we were discussing the history of affiliate marketing as a whole and how the industry had progressed and trying to use clues from other industries etc to help us improve and move our own program forward. From there the curiosity of who came first to gambling arose and we figured if it was interesting to us would probably be to others too so pretty work related tbh
As for smoking not for me since 2001!!
Ben Lee
Casino Affiliate Exec
Tel: 0113 2079288
Email: ben.lee@betfair.com
IM: benthomaslee@yahoo.co.uk
Skype: benthomslee
Not sure i really know. I would bet Alex Pratt or Michael Caselli or Casinomeister would know. I believe that Casino Coins, Referback and Tradal (for Casino on Net) were the "old" ones when i started in 2001.
note: thought this was a PM response, i guess i clicked on link in PM, forgive the waste of bandwidth.
Last edited by AmCan; 27 October 2010 at 1:01 pm.
The Lottery Guy:
UK National Lottery Results
AllLotto on Facebook and AllLotto at Twitter
Free AllLotto US iPhone app
benthomaslee (28 October 2010), Renee (27 October 2010)
I figured casino on net was one of them, just couldn't remember if tradal was their aff program or not.. It's changed so many times over the years..
Cheers![]()
__________________
Renee, Affiliate Program Manager
http://www.RewardsAffiliates.com
Affiliate Program for CasinoRewards.com
Best Affiliate Manager - CAP Awards 2008
Best Casino Affiliate Manager - CAP Awards 2009
Best Casino Affiliate Manager - iGB Affiliate Awards 2010
benthomaslee (28 October 2010)
it is an interesting question. I remember when the web was relatively new in the early 90's and all kinds of wild things were happening. I tried to run a NFL Sports Pool in 93-94? but as soon as the web hosting sniffed it they shut me down.
I reverted to pen and paper![]()
Jimmie T
And God said he would make kind and obedient women for all men and spread them to the four corners of the Earth.
Then he made the world round and laughed his A** off.
www.joinsportsnetwork.com
www.bestcasinoonlinenow.com
benthomaslee (28 October 2010)
You know, Pen and Paper is highly underrated![]()
__________________
Renee, Affiliate Program Manager
http://www.RewardsAffiliates.com
Affiliate Program for CasinoRewards.com
Best Affiliate Manager - CAP Awards 2008
Best Casino Affiliate Manager - CAP Awards 2009
Best Casino Affiliate Manager - iGB Affiliate Awards 2010
Jimmie T
And God said he would make kind and obedient women for all men and spread them to the four corners of the Earth.
Then he made the world round and laughed his A** off.
www.joinsportsnetwork.com
www.bestcasinoonlinenow.com
I believe it was Casino On Net also....
Casino Coins was very close behind them though I believe....
Rick
Universal4
Gambling World Online Roulette Online Blackjack Live Online Games Sports Betting Horse Racing
Casino Affiliate Programs
Hosting and Domain Names
Gambling Industry Association
GPWA Moderation by Me and My Big Bad Security Self
If an affiliate program is not small affiliate friendly (especially small US Affiliate), then they are NOT Affiliate Friendly!
benthomaslee (28 October 2010), Renee (28 October 2010)
Quite interesting - There is a guy that attends all our events that was one of the first if not the first affiliate working with 888 - He was telling me that teh contract was actually paper and had to be signed and is ridiculously thick
iGB Affiliate - The biggest magazine and events for affiliates in igaming