Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1. #1
    Ninja16 is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    July 2018
    Posts
    70
    Blog Entries
    3
    Thanks
    38
    Thanked 15 Times in 12 Posts

    Default How do you convince yourself?

    I have been doing aff marketing couple years. As I see my brother actually addicted to betting from his teen ages I question the business a lot lately whether its ethical? How do you get over this feeling?
    Güvenilir Bahis Siteleri arasından Türkçe ve Yurtdışı merkezli en iyi bahis siteleri bonus ve promosyonları ile listelenmiştir.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Ninja16 For This Useful Post:

    JoeyC (11 June 2023)

  3. #2
    Malikbhai is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    September 2017
    Posts
    786
    Thanks
    204
    Thanked 378 Times in 247 Posts

    Default

    It's not ethical. Neither are people who are into selling cigs, alcohol, drugs etc.

    We profit from addiction. That's it.

    If you got problems with ethics, selling gambling products isn't for you.

  4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Malikbhai For This Useful Post:

    Former Member 14 (24 April 2023), gainfin (28 April 2023), Sherlock (23 April 2023), TheGooner (24 April 2023)

  5. #3
    patdog is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    October 2021
    Posts
    73
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 22 Times in 20 Posts

    Default

    I have bills to pay.

  6. #4
    dannyx is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    November 2019
    Posts
    735
    Thanks
    143
    Thanked 186 Times in 148 Posts

    Default

    You can promote operators where you earn more if the player wins, then you try to attract winning professional and informed players.

  7. #5
    NoDepositCasinos's Avatar
    NoDepositCasinos is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    November 2022
    Location
    Colombia
    Posts
    1,246
    Thanks
    364
    Thanked 485 Times in 399 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dannyx View Post
    You can promote operators where you earn more if the player wins, then you try to attract winning professional and informed players.
    I think this is an excellent option. You could also include quality information (beyond responsible gambling badges) about the risks of betting and warning signs to identify when it's becoming a problem.
    casinobonusnewsletter.com - AMs contact me for deals

    revenueoptimization.io - DM me if you want to be featured in our blog

  8. #6
    TheGooner's Avatar
    TheGooner is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    4,565
    Thanks
    2,092
    Thanked 4,536 Times in 2,177 Posts

    Default

    Cars crash - are automotive workers responsible?
    Fast food causes obesity and death - are wait staff and servers responsible ?
    Industrial outputs cause man made climate change and health issues - are all factory workers responsible ?
    Alcohol causes deaths - Are you going to ban beer, wines and spirits because a small group abuse a substance that is pleasurable for the vast majority of users?

    Even the well meaning charities and religions have negative effects on peoples self reliance and desire to make change in their lives.

    Every activity has unintended negatives for groups of people - if you warn people about the negatives that's probably the best you can do.

  9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TheGooner For This Useful Post:

    Former Member 14 (24 April 2023), gainfin (28 April 2023), xecutable (25 April 2023)

  10. #7
    universal4's Avatar
    universal4 is offline Forum Administrator
    Join Date
    July 2003
    Location
    Courage is being scared to death...and saddling up anyway. John Wayne
    Posts
    33,988
    Thanks
    4,540
    Thanked 9,297 Times in 5,981 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGooner View Post
    Fast food causes obesity and death - are wait staff and servers responsible ?
    So it IS the waiters fault I have to buy new pants?

    Can I sue and make him pay?

    Rick
    Universal4

  11. #8
    DaftDog's Avatar
    DaftDog is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2008
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    2,162
    Thanks
    697
    Thanked 779 Times in 467 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by universal4 View Post
    Can I sue and make him pay?

    Rick
    Universal4
    You're in the US aren't you? So partake in another local addiction and sue the pants off him.

  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DaftDog For This Useful Post:

    gainfin (28 April 2023), universal4 (25 April 2023)

  13. #9
    dannyx is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    November 2019
    Posts
    735
    Thanks
    143
    Thanked 186 Times in 148 Posts

    Default

    In contrast, the ethics at the country level are as follows:

    Offshore betting/casino that cannot be taxed cause terrible damage to public health and increase the number of addicts. Such sites should be blocked for the sake of citizens, so they don't lose money.

    Betting "legal" country monopolies, licensed sites do not cause addiction to citizens or damage to society. People can lose their money there without fear. Their health and finances are not affected. Such sites should not be blocked.

  14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dannyx For This Useful Post:

    BestNewBingoSites (27 April 2023), TheGooner (25 April 2023), universal4 (25 April 2023)

  15. #10
    eenzoo's Avatar
    eenzoo is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    November 2014
    Location
    Bella Italia
    Posts
    1,898
    Thanks
    614
    Thanked 1,241 Times in 768 Posts

    Default

    I made my first million as an affiliate in the porn, dating space. referred binary option accounts and sending players to casinos.
    And I living a good life. Should I screw down my lifestyle, the lifestyle of my family because others can't handle his own life and money?
    for sure not! And very very honest I'm feeling good!

  16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eenzoo For This Useful Post:

    Former Member 14 (6 May 2023), JoeyC (11 June 2023)

  17. #11
    Mattbar's Avatar
    Mattbar is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    July 2015
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,407
    Thanks
    123
    Thanked 920 Times in 579 Posts

    Default

    If you are getting traffic through search then the people landing on your site already have the motivation to bet and gamble they are just looking for more information.

    If you provide genuinely useful information and advice and you refer people to quality sites that won’t screw them over then you are providing a service. Ultimately if your site is not there then it will be someone else’s, perhaps with far less ethics than you have. They might not give good advice and they might refer people to shady operators.

    Gambling is legal in most places now, governments tax it, people enjoy betting, a fraction take it too far and have issues. You are not responsible for that, you are only responsible for the advice and service you provide through your portals.

    You can very much promote legal gambling in an ethical way and you can promote it in a completely unethical way - like the non-gamstop stuff. Just because you are an affiliate doesn't make you unethical, there are many shades of grey.

  18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mattbar For This Useful Post:

    dannyx (25 April 2023), gainfin (28 April 2023), TheGooner (25 April 2023)

  19. #12
    allfreechips's Avatar
    allfreechips is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    August 2010
    Location
    Ohio - The taxing state
    Posts
    1,632
    Thanks
    221
    Thanked 831 Times in 525 Posts

    Default

    I need money to buy bourbon, its all equals out
    AFC MEDIA LLC COMPLETE GAMING AFFILIATE SOLUTION
    Statsfetch.com
    secure / powerful inexpensive stats fetch system - Free for 20 provers always
    Allmediamatter
    Interface for casino owners/managers to add their affiliates and brands to feed ezcasinoaff
    Allfreechips -
    My 24 year old SEO casino site

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to allfreechips For This Useful Post:

    JoeyC (11 June 2023)

  21. #13
    dannyx is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    November 2019
    Posts
    735
    Thanks
    143
    Thanked 186 Times in 148 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mattbar View Post
    If you are getting traffic through search then the people landing on your site already have the motivation to bet and gamble they are just looking for more information.

    If you provide genuinely useful information and advice and you refer people to quality sites that won’t screw them over then you are providing a service. Ultimately if your site is not there then it will be someone else’s, perhaps with far less ethics than you have. They might not give good advice and they might refer people to shady operators.

    Gambling is legal in most places now, governments tax it, people enjoy betting, a fraction take it too far and have issues. You are not responsible for that, you are only responsible for the advice and service you provide through your portals.

    You can very much promote legal gambling in an ethical way and you can promote it in a completely unethical way - like the non-gamstop stuff. Just because you are an affiliate doesn't make you unethical, there are many shades of grey.
    He signs off on this. It is one thing to have a presence in search results and another to advertise aggressively.

    Of course, sports betting is also gambling and there are certainly a large number of compulsive sports gamblers. However, it seems to me that it is easier to ethically promote sports than a casino. It's hard for me to comment on casinos as I have no idea about it.

  22. #14
    xecutable's Avatar
    xecutable is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2011
    Location
    Zurich, Switzerland
    Posts
    1,979
    Thanks
    583
    Thanked 1,225 Times in 708 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja16 View Post
    I have been doing aff marketing couple years. As I see my brother actually addicted to betting from his teen ages I question the business a lot lately whether its ethical? How do you get over this feeling?
    The keyword here is addicted not gambling. Any sort of addiction, be that to gambling, drugs, alcohol, _____ fill in the blank is self-destructive.

    TheGooner had a great quote from many years ago, that I've even saved as it was so simple and true, couldn't have said it better:

    "I'm comfortable that I provide a viable and valuable service connecting adults who want to gamble with safe, secure and reliable operators"

    Overall you are promoting to adults who should have a grip on their financial life, and treat gambling as the leisure activity it is. You stopping won't change those who are irresponsible, but if you feel uncomfortable getting paid for your online efforts, by all means stop and find something you feel comfortable with.

  23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to xecutable For This Useful Post:

    Former Member 14 (6 May 2023), gainfin (28 April 2023), TheGooner (25 April 2023)

  24. #15
    mickyfu is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    February 2013
    Posts
    765
    Thanks
    123
    Thanked 524 Times in 320 Posts

    Default

    I don't need to convince myself that it is good. I just need to convince my self that there are far worse people out there than me. For example Ronald McDonald and Kenny Alexander.

  25. The Following User Says Thank You to mickyfu For This Useful Post:

    Former Member 14 (6 May 2023)

  26. #16
    Cash Bonus's Avatar
    Cash Bonus is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,450
    Thanks
    9,150
    Thanked 3,005 Times in 2,217 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mickyfu View Post
    I don't need to convince myself that it is good. I just need to convince my self that there are far worse people out there than me.
    Exactly right, mate, and the fact that the cost of living is on the rise along with the bills, that I really must pay. I still have a rates bill to pay in the amount of nearly $500, that's due in mid May.

  27. #17
    Pokerface's Avatar
    Pokerface is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    August 2016
    Posts
    3,163
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    689
    Thanked 1,008 Times in 747 Posts

    Default

    I have worked in other industries where there can be addiction. I never used the products, I don't even gamble, but look at it that I am marketing a legal product. Often I don't even think of the actual product but the activities and processes required.

    As long as I am marketing a legal product or service in a legal manner I don't have a problem.
    nousviz.com

    What's Nous?

    StatsDrone now offers Freemium plan to connect up to 30 programs - FREE!.

  28. #18
    iso2009 is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    December 2010
    Posts
    357
    Thanks
    258
    Thanked 129 Times in 100 Posts

    Default

    I deal only with sports betting. Some users might also play in the casino, but it's pretty rare.

    From the many months I had with a negative balance (sometimes at minus 20-30k), I can say it's more or less like investing on the stock market, forex trading, crypto etc. People win or lose, it's their own decision what they do with the money.

    For many of these winning players, I never got back the money from them.

    I won and lost lots of money on the stock market (prior to 2008 and in 2008-2009), but I don't blame the broker for losing.


    For casinos it was a different story, I tried a bit with offshore US gambling during the pandemic and the results were just pure profit. I'm not sure how I feel about it.

  29. #19
    SoftirinaSD is offline Brand New Member
    Join Date
    May 2023
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    As a rule, I analyze the information and try to apply logic and reason to make a decision. Sometimes it helps

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •