Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    carllindth is offline Private Member
    Thanks

Question Centralised ad management

Hey Guys!

I was wondering if someone knew about any solution for managing all your affiliate ads centralised. What I mean is, I have a bunch of sites, and some of them are harder than others to add/change ads. I would like to add a scripttag or something on all my sites where I want to show ads and then control the ads to be shown in a central web admin. Does anybody know if this kind of solution exist? Or maybe I should develop such solution my self

Thanks

FictionNet is offline Closed by Request
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,260 Times in 654 Posts

Are you looking for a geo-targeted ad management solution? I don't know how your site is constructed but adspeed.com provide a reasonably priced service (starting at $10 monthly, I think). There are no doubt others. I should point out, although we are currently using the services of adspeed.com to handle some of our geo-targeted banners, we are concerned about the ad loading speed. It's not great at the moment.

We've done it before with in-house scripting but we could never quite nail the geo-targeting as accurately as the so-called pro solutions seem to do it, so we outsourced.

Anyway, this might not be what you're looking for

WBM
    WBM is offline Public Member
    Thanks

I use this for most of my sites ..
    Free & Open source... very easy to use

https://www.revive-adserver.com/

Revive Adserver is a free, open source ad serving system that enables publishers, ad networks and advertisers to:

• Serve ads on websites, in apps, and in video players, and collect detailed statistics about impressions, clicks and conversions
    • Manage and run campaigns for multiple advertisers, and from ad exchanges and ad networks, all at once, via an easy to use interface
    • Define rules for delivery of campaigns and ads, including frequency capping, URL targeting, geo-targeting
    • Track and report campaign performance, including impressions, clicks, click-through rates, conversion rates, revenue, eCPM, and conversion details
    Dream Car Competition

TrackThePots.com - Coming Soon !

4. The Following User Says Thank You to WBM For This Useful Post:

FictionNet (29 December 2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WinSpins View Post
    I use this for most of my sites ..
    Free & Open source... very easy to use

https://www.revive-adserver.com/

Revive Adserver is a free, open source ad serving system that enables publishers, ad networks and advertisers to:

• Serve ads on websites, in apps, and in video players, and collect detailed statistics about impressions, clicks and conversions
    • Manage and run campaigns for multiple advertisers, and from ad exchanges and ad networks, all at once, via an easy to use interface
    • Define rules for delivery of campaigns and ads, including frequency capping, URL targeting, geo-targeting
    • Track and report campaign performance, including impressions, clicks, click-through rates, conversion rates, revenue, eCPM, and conversion details
    Took a quick look. They also have a hosted solution for the same price. How have you found their ad-speed delivery? In particular, have you used them to serve multiple geo-targeted content placements on the same page and not found it slow?

TIA.

WBM
    Thanks

I've never had any speed issue with them in the past ..
    I personally would self host the software .. always going to be quicker if its coming from the same domain as the ads are being served
    Dream Car Competition

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WinSpins View Post
    I personally would self host the software
    I'm starting to think the same.

WBM
    Thanks

I always use self hosted for stuff like this .. plus $10 per month for the hosted version ..
    Its easy to setup yourself so save yourself $120 a year lol
    Dream Car Competition

Sherlock is online now Public Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,069 Times in 1,701 Posts

I am suing my own system. With geotarget and other hacks. The costs of doing it, keeping it alive and repairing it are huge. Also bugs pile up. But at least it is 100% flexible for my needs.
    We are all bloodsucking ticks, hungry, devious
    each one latched on to the ass of the previous
    when the last and the first latch on it can be shown
    ass-blood sucked by the first from the last is his own

WBM
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock View Post
    I am suing my own system. With geotarget and other hacks. The costs of doing it, keeping it alive and repairing it are huge. Also bugs pile up. But at least it is 100% flexible for my needs.
    Yeah I prefer to build my own php based systems for pretty much everything I do as I never seem to find an out-of-the-box solution that seems to have all the features / functionality I want so much better to build your own ( if possible )
    Dream Car Competition

Thanks

If you can do it by yourself, lucky you. I have to hire people. Freelancers are no good, so it has to be an employee. That means more costs and more problems, because someone is in your life. Just for the sake of stupid ads

WBM
    Thanks

always happy to help people with any coding requirements ( its actually nice to take a break from some of my many projects ) lol
    Dream Car Competition

Thanks

If I/someone would create a simple app to solve these issues, what would be the minimum requirements for such an web app?

Thanks

I do not think it can be an app. And if it has to be worth of something, it can not be simple. Also I think there is a great deal with universality. For example my system can be used only by me and has value just for myself.

WBM
    Thanks

Anything can be an app however to be honest it would work best as a web based system
    The basics could be done via an app .. add banner , specify locations etc
    but I probably wouldnt create an app specifically for it

Another idea would be to create the system based on a normal browser window size and then use androids web view to create a mobile version

I do have something in the works however that I'll be making available to GPWA members that will solve a LOT of issues relating to ad management, geo targeting etc etc but this will be around mid June next year
    Dream Car Competition

16. The Following User Says Thank You to WBM For This Useful Post:

Sherlock (29 December 2018)

WBM
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by carllindth View Post
    If I/someone would create a simple app to solve these issues, what would be the minimum requirements for such an web app?
    Are you a coder ?
    If so what languages do you code in and are you any good with Android / iOS apps ?
    Might have an idea to run past you
    Dream Car Competition

Thanks

Yup, mainly front-end coder, but these days with react native and Ionic, its pretty ease to make ios apps also PM if you would like to partner up on a fun project!

WBM
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by carllindth View Post
    Yup, mainly front-end coder, but these days with react native and Ionic, its pretty ease to make ios apps also PM if you would like to partner up on a fun project!
    Ahh dude your a dream come true I hate JS with a passion.. only just about tolerate jQuery lol
    PM your email address.
    Im a pure back end guy ( apart from your usual bootstrap & css )... got something I know you'll be interested in
    Dream Car Competition

Thanks

WinSpins, I decided to go your route and investigate revive properly, hosting it outselves. I'm no database expert so had some fun, took me a couple of hours to get installed. I'm sure it'll get quicker with practice. A couple of questions for you and/or any other revive users, please. TIA.

1. One thing I really liked about adspeed was its reliable geo-targeting, which I could never match myself. I've switched on geo-targeting in revive but it's not working properly for me. I can switch banners to 'only show' to certain countries but these banners also appear to other countries. For example, I will set a banner to 'only display' in my natural Spanish IP, but it'll also appear when I reload via any other country's proxy. There's not much in the way of documentation to help with this either.

2. Do you think there's an seo risk from using one central domain/site to handle all your individual sites' ad management? Or best to create/install revive separately on each new domain it's used on?

Thanks all.

Thanks

1. might be an error but also might be a cache of your browser; use other browser or rather always test in anonymous mode

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Sherlock For This Useful Post:

FictionNet (22 January 2019)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock View Post
    1. might be an error but also might be a cache of your browser; use other browser or rather always test in anonymous mode
    I already tried the browser trick. Will see if the cache does anything. Thing is, adspeed is correctly detecting my (proxied) location and serving the appropriate ad but revive's geo is all over the shop, or set up wrong, and it's anyone's guess which banner it'll display.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast