Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    TravG's Avatar
    TravG is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    September 2008
    Posts
    2,069
    Thanks
    34
    Thanked 179 Times in 131 Posts

    Default Help With Moz Metrics

    I have quite a few websites and build them all pretty much the same way. When looking at my Moz metrics though, a few of the sites show 0 internal links. I do not have anything in my robots file that would be blocking the crawlers and like I say I build the websites pretty much the same so I do not understand why only a few (maybe 25%) of my sites show 0 internal links.

    Any ideas why this would be happening? And it is not like it has changed or anything, one of my websites has always shown 0 internal links. I do not think it is hurting my website really but it puzzles me why it shows 0. I think it may hurt my Moz stats, but I cant see how it hurts my website in rankings for the search engines, unless there is something more wrong and why I am asking the question I guess.

    Thanks
    Travis
    Live Casino USA - the best USA live online casinos. Play USA online slots and other casino games like USA online blackjack. Play See USAlegalcasinos.com to find the best USA online casino. Want to play USA online poker? Find the best poker sites at 4DeucesPoker.com.

  2. #2
    universal4's Avatar
    universal4 is offline Forum Administrator
    Join Date
    July 2003
    Location
    Courage is being scared to death...and saddling up anyway. John Wayne
    Posts
    34,012
    Thanks
    4,549
    Thanked 9,306 Times in 5,988 Posts

    Default

    That is odd.

    Do the sites that do not show the internals also have lower traffic numbers overall? Are those sites also newer, or at least have newer designs? Anything that they have in common, such as lower total number of pages etc?

    Rick
    Universal4

  3. #3
    wonderpunter's Avatar
    wonderpunter is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    August 2013
    Posts
    3,420
    Blog Entries
    5
    Thanks
    427
    Thanked 2,005 Times in 1,257 Posts

    Default

    I have the same.. My advice don't even worry about what MOZ says, just concentrate on your real numbers that come from Google, way too many people worry about what these 3rd part SEO tools say "The PageRank filler" I personally have not seen any correlation to real traffic and 3rd part tools rankings.. e.g I see one site with DR58 but only gets 3,000 visitors and is nowhere to be seen in the top 10 for lucrative keywords.. site 2 has DR42 but gets around 30,000 organic visits for top converting keywords..


  4. #4
    universal4's Avatar
    universal4 is offline Forum Administrator
    Join Date
    July 2003
    Location
    Courage is being scared to death...and saddling up anyway. John Wayne
    Posts
    34,012
    Thanks
    4,549
    Thanked 9,306 Times in 5,988 Posts

    Default

    I have to agree with that Wonderpunter and although I was offering a few suggestions as to why it could be happening, in my opinion most 3rd party seo ranking places just like downloading websites under the guise of checking you and your competitors just so they can database the websites, for the purposes of providing visitors seo ranking of course....

    But doesn't it bother you to see the seo sites rank on keywords at times....not based upon the any of their own content of course, but they will rank for different keywords at times based upon the pages created for "visitors seo ranking".

    I don't mind if the seo sites rank on seo keywords, but why should they rank on cars, or loans, real estate or gambling or any other subject for which they are not about, but only carry content they stole/borrowed/copied/scraped/databased for seo ranking purposes of others?

    Rick
    Universal4

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to universal4 For This Useful Post:

    -Shay- (7 March 2016)

  6. #5
    TheGooner's Avatar
    TheGooner is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    4,566
    Thanks
    2,092
    Thanked 4,537 Times in 2,177 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TravG View Post
    why only a few (maybe 25%) of my sites show 0 internal links.
    Are you blocking scraping and scamming bots via HTaccess as well?
    I do - and that affects most 3rd party tool reports.

  7. #6
    Mr Live Casinos's Avatar
    Mr Live Casinos is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    52
    Thanks
    35
    Thanked 21 Times in 18 Posts

    Default

    I was wondering the same recently and apparently
    "Moz crawls a smaller subsection of the Internet than Google. You should expect to see fewer links in Moz than Google. We are working to increase our index size and quality though, so hopefully that gap will close over time"




    Moz crawler is quite slow as well compared to ahrefs or Majestic so you can check there as well to make sure your links are showing properly
    www.bestuklivecasinos.co.uk - Live Casino Reviews and Games |livecasinos.gr - Everything about live casinos for Greek Players| froutakiaonline.gr

  8. #7
    TravG's Avatar
    TravG is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    September 2008
    Posts
    2,069
    Thanks
    34
    Thanked 179 Times in 131 Posts

    Default

    Ok thanks for the insights. It is actually one of my bigger better sites so it just puzzled me. Smaller sites have internal links posted but oh well, I guess ill just let as is.

    Thanks
    Live Casino USA - the best USA live online casinos. Play USA online slots and other casino games like USA online blackjack. Play See USAlegalcasinos.com to find the best USA online casino. Want to play USA online poker? Find the best poker sites at 4DeucesPoker.com.

  9. #8
    Celebrationbird is offline Restricted Account
    Join Date
    July 2015
    Location
    Malta
    Posts
    118
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 18 Times in 14 Posts

    Default

    It takes a while for Moz to crawl the site. Not everything is showing either.

  10. #9
    matthewt's Avatar
    matthewt is offline On Vacation
    Join Date
    July 2006
    Location
    US
    Posts
    526
    Blog Entries
    2
    Thanks
    1,003
    Thanked 140 Times in 111 Posts

    Default

    I bet you they limit their updated metrics to gambling sites. Gambling sites just are not a priority. Over time, the internal links should show. They show on other metrics, right?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •