Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Click Tracking

  1. #1
    kwblue's Avatar
    kwblue is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    August 2005
    Posts
    923
    Thanks
    432
    Thanked 702 Times in 283 Posts

    Default Click Tracking

    Hey all,

    I heard in another thread about 'Fast Click' from techwoman (I think)... What does everyone else use and where can I find it? Currently I use AdPeeps and in the past I have used phpAdsNew/OpenAds but never liked the interface and the overly complex nature of it.

    I would really like to check them all out, but am having a really difficult time searching for a complete list of them... So, what do you use and how do you like it?

    Me:

    AdPeeps - Seems to work well for a small number of advertisements. After that, the main interface becomes very slow. I created my own admin tool to this one, but never finished it The net result is that it is VERY simple for me to create new ads, but when I want to change out an old ad with a new banner it is more of a pain. Mainly because I never finished the code.


    Thanks!

  2. #2
    universal4's Avatar
    universal4 is offline Forum Administrator
    Join Date
    July 2003
    Location
    Courage is being scared to death...and saddling up anyway. John Wayne
    Posts
    34,003
    Thanks
    4,546
    Thanked 9,298 Times in 5,982 Posts

    Default

    Fast click is excellent.

    It works great with mysql and I have it up and running fine using local host on some sites and using an external sql server on others.

    For the times when a casino changes their links (which sucks) you can go into fc and change the links there and they are changed everywhere. I just wish I had used it on all my sites.

    It tracks all clicks, but only the paid version will filter the bots....I am considering switching on a few sites.

    Rick
    Universal4
    Gambling World Online Roulette Online Blackjack Live Online Games Sports Betting Horse Racing
    Casino Affiliate Programs
    Hosting and Domain Names
    Gambling Industry Association
    GPWA Moderation by Me and My Big Bad Security Self
    If an affiliate program is not small affiliate friendly (especially small US Affiliate), then they are NOT Affiliate Friendly!

  3. #3
    matted's Avatar
    matted is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    June 2004
    Location
    Durham, NC
    Posts
    2,685
    Thanks
    118
    Thanked 328 Times in 222 Posts

    Default

    I wrote my own code... But honestly have been having a lot of problem filtering out the bots... I found most of the stuff out there to be bloated code.

    To add to kwblue's question... are there any with low overhead? I send them the click, they simply count it in a simply campaign identifier, and can filter out the bots?
    Owner, Cognitive Powers, Inc.
    Soon to be ex-webmaster
    Facebook, Twitter, and Linked In

  4. #4
    kwblue's Avatar
    kwblue is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    August 2005
    Posts
    923
    Thanks
    432
    Thanked 702 Times in 283 Posts

    Default

    also - I love to hear that Fast Click is great..... Is there a link??? I searched and couldn't find it.

  5. #5
    GamblingAtlas's Avatar
    GamblingAtlas is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2003
    Posts
    1,214
    Thanks
    42
    Thanked 30 Times in 27 Posts

    Default

    Here is Fast Click developer's site where you can download it:
    xx-http://www.ftrsoft.com/
    I'm still using it on GamblingAtlas, it's definitely great. I planning to change to my own code that i wrote for my 2 other sites.

  6. #6
    bonustreak's Avatar
    bonustreak is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2006
    Posts
    495
    Thanks
    610
    Thanked 267 Times in 148 Posts

    Default

    Great thread Kw I was just about to learn and tackle openads lol maybe I will look at a few of the others first.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •