Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 41
  1. #21
    bettify's Avatar
    bettify is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    September 2010
    Posts
    35
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 13 Times in 6 Posts

    Default

    Well, when we talk about forums support, I must admit that for one site I made (non-gambling related) I got really great support at Joomla forums.

    Friendly community is characteristic of all open source communities, and there's no much difference between Wordpress and Joomla in that matter. To be honest, Joomla forums are maybe even more user friendly.

  2. #22
    Some sites is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    11
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    I'm using my own CMS and I like it a lot.
    I have a lot of sites and it's adopted to manage them all without any difficulties.
    Also there an analytic options, it's very comfortable to view all the backlinks and traffic and whole processes.

  3. #23
    jove9999's Avatar
    jove9999 is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2008
    Posts
    30
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by universal4 View Post
    To be honest I had never heard of ez-publish....so I googled them and looked around....

    I am usually pretty turned off by companies that link to a page called pricing and then there is ZERO information concerning the REAL PRICE of their software or service.

    The page called pricing, should be named something other than pricing since there isn't any "prices" there.

    Rick
    Universal4
    EZ is basically a free CMS. Once you want a little extra so it cost quite a bit extra. (We were certainly quite surprised at some of the wishes we would have on our website)
    But whatever choice we make this CMS solution and we're actually quite surprised how well it works.
    WP is also something we use, it works great. Especially as it vedlig work well with a view to optimizing the casino6000 (created in EZ)

    I asked the company that helped us set up our website and they said that the EZ was a much larger and complete solution to a WP and Joomla ... But it is of course because they øsnker to sell this solution ..
    Vegard Johannessen
    CFO at Moveentertainment
    Sites:
    Jackpot6000.com
    Casino6000.com

  4. #24
    grem's Avatar
    grem is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    July 2010
    Location
    CBN
    Posts
    1,450
    Blog Entries
    19
    Thanks
    253
    Thanked 389 Times in 204 Posts

  5. #25
    Smoking's Avatar
    Smoking is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    January 2010
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    720
    Thanks
    355
    Thanked 157 Times in 136 Posts

    Default

    i started with Joomla and now use Joomla and Wordpress.


    Bet Source for Casino Affiliates
    Visit BubbleProtection.com Now
    Post a quality gambling related article in http://www.gamblingshares.com the up and coming Premier Gambling Article Site

  6. #26
    Renee's Avatar
    Renee is offline Sponsor Affiliate Program
    Join Date
    August 2005
    Posts
    9,072
    Blog Entries
    6
    Thanks
    6,642
    Thanked 3,543 Times in 2,206 Posts

    Default

    I've started learning Drupal and have to agree with some of the people in this thread that it's hard to customise. I thought actually it was just me, but then reading this thread I don't feel as bad.

    I've used wordpress for a couple of years and I think it's the easiest one. All of my personal sites are coded html and I've been trying to look for something where I can just add the db to it and keep the framework without having to do too much coding, but I haven't been able to find anything yet. I have a feeling I'm going to just have to start from scratch again which makes me think I'd rather just pay someone.
    __________________
    Renee, Affiliate Program Manager
    http://www.RewardsAffiliates.com
    Affiliate Program for CasinoRewards.com
    Best Affiliate Manager - CAP Awards 2008
    Best Casino Affiliate Manager - CAP Awards 2009
    Best Casino Affiliate Manager - iGB Affiliate Awards 2010

  7. #27
    genich99 is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    September 2010
    Posts
    15
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    we've built our own CMS from scratch. We run many multilingual sites, different verticals, obviously wordpress and many others weren't able to cover our needs. Many sites and languages demand centralized SEO/translations management.

  8. #28
    xecutable's Avatar
    xecutable is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2011
    Location
    Zurich, Switzerland
    Posts
    1,979
    Thanks
    583
    Thanked 1,225 Times in 708 Posts

    Default

    For all of those who use wordpress and are unhappy about the new admin fonts here's the solution, which you can insert in your theme's functions.php from here
    <style type="text/css" --="">#editorcontainer #content, #wp_mce_fullscreen { font-family: Georgia, "Times New Roman", "Bitstream Charter", Times, serif; } <!--?php }[/CODE]</pre--><style type="text/css">#editorcontainer #content, #wp_mce_fullscreen { font-family: Georgia, "Times New Roman", "Bitstream Charter", Times, serif; }</style> <!--?php }</pre-->

  9. #29
    redguy's Avatar
    redguy is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    I tried Drupal for a while, but then choosen Wordpress with some home-made customizations.

  10. #30
    AlexKu is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    July 2011
    Posts
    14
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    I use CMS via Artismedia.com

  11. #31
    eaton2003's Avatar
    eaton2003 is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    September 2003
    Posts
    1,178
    Blog Entries
    8
    Thanks
    90
    Thanked 247 Times in 193 Posts

    Default

    Start with WordPress and once you are more techie try Joomla
    Simon Eaton - Online marketing consultancy with 20 years experience

  12. #32
    freebetking is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    August 2010
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    290
    Thanks
    16
    Thanked 163 Times in 76 Posts

    Default

    i have a few wordpress sites and back in the day made a couple using blogger, went onto use dreamweaver however the coding produced is extremely heavy utter crap and severely outdated....now i usually hand code everything.
    Enter a fantasy realm of Wizarding wins and giant jackpots at WizardSpins.com, an online casino portal filled with the latest casino bonuses and free spins.

  13. #33
    shineray22 is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    July 2011
    Posts
    11
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    I'm surprised so many choose Wordpress. It's very easy to use but don't you think it makes your site look a little unprofessional? Especially since it has that tag "just another Wordpress site."

    Do you think it's best to use Wordpress for making a site or for changes after it's made? I ask because I am looking to buy a cheap site and not have to redesign it entirely but just make small changes and manage it and work on content and SEO. Would you still look for a Wordpress site?

  14. #34
    Zoorana's Avatar
    Zoorana is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    June 2010
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    376
    Thanks
    154
    Thanked 72 Times in 60 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shineray22 View Post
    I'm surprised so many choose Wordpress. It's very easy to use but don't you think it makes your site look a little unprofessional? Especially since it has that tag "just another Wordpress site."

    Do you think it's best to use Wordpress for making a site or for changes after it's made? I ask because I am looking to buy a cheap site and not have to redesign it entirely but just make small changes and manage it and work on content and SEO. Would you still look for a Wordpress site?
    That's just the default look. You could change the design easily. There're lots of free templates online if you don't want to spend time designing one. Just google 'free design templates wordpress', and you'll get quite a list to choose from. One thing that makes Wordpress so good is the backend. It's so easy to use

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to Zoorana For This Useful Post:

    shineray22 (11 September 2011)

  16. #35
    Anny11's Avatar
    Anny11 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    August 2011
    Location
    new york
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default Which CMS do you use

    I always prefer Wordpress and Joomla too but first preference goes to Wordprss.

  17. #36
    KovEsZ's Avatar
    KovEsZ is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    April 2005
    Location
    Hungary
    Posts
    33
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Joomla. Totally own design. I already used it when it was called "mambo". I'll try wordpress when I want to start a blog.
    Visit OnlinePokerElite.com the next generation poker guide.

  18. #37
    DaftDog's Avatar
    DaftDog is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2008
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    2,162
    Thanks
    697
    Thanked 779 Times in 467 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by monsterbet View Post
    i have a few wordpress sites and back in the day made a couple using blogger, went onto use dreamweaver however the coding produced is extremely heavy utter crap and severely outdated....now i usually hand code everything.
    The latest versions of Dreamweaver don't produce any unnecessary code. I started with CS3 and upgraded to CS4 last year.

  19. #38
    DaftDog's Avatar
    DaftDog is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2008
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    2,162
    Thanks
    697
    Thanked 779 Times in 467 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shineray22 View Post
    I'm surprised so many choose Wordpress. It's very easy to use but don't you think it makes your site look a little unprofessional? Especially since it has that tag "just another Wordpress site."

    Do you think it's best to use Wordpress for making a site or for changes after it's made? I ask because I am looking to buy a cheap site and not have to redesign it entirely but just make small changes and manage it and work on content and SEO. Would you still look for a Wordpress site?
    You are supposed to edit the tag line.

    Go to Settings >> General and you will see the tagline at the top of the page.

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to DaftDog For This Useful Post:

    shineray22 (11 September 2011)

  21. #39
    rknuppel's Avatar
    rknuppel is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    August 2008
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    145
    Thanks
    120
    Thanked 47 Times in 37 Posts

    Default

    100% wordpress for me...
    "Sports Data + Custom Code + AI"
    Coded Content is your solution for sports smart content. Are you looking for a cheaper scalable solution to the day to day content grind in the sports industry? DM me to setup a free demo and learn how Coded Content can help.

  22. #40
    shineray22 is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    July 2011
    Posts
    11
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ixian View Post
    You are supposed to edit the tag line.

    Go to Settings >> General and you will see the tagline at the top of the page.
    Ha, thanks. I actually haven't even gotten my site yet. I was just wondering cause I see so many that have that tagline. I wonder why they don't delete it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •