Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    casionmark is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    November 2016
    Posts
    473
    Thanks
    353
    Thanked 128 Times in 95 Posts

    Default Forum Posts as backlinks

    Hi - Anyone have any views on the value of using forum posts as opportunities to set up backlinks? And if so, is there any value in a backlink from a totally non-gaming related forum site to a gambling affiliate site. I'm asking because I've seen this happening in the profile of another affiliate site I brought up in ahrefs.

    Thanks,

  2. #2
    Cash Bonus's Avatar
    Cash Bonus is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,453
    Thanks
    9,155
    Thanked 3,005 Times in 2,217 Posts

    Thumbs up

    Hi casinomark,

    I think that if you set up backlinks which relate to gambling and casinos, there's a good chance that you will obtain more backlinks in this manner.

    Focus only on gambling-related links and good luck to you!

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Cash Bonus For This Useful Post:

    casionmark (22 January 2018)

  4. #3
    GaryTheScubaGuy's Avatar
    GaryTheScubaGuy is offline In Memorium, 1966-2018
    Join Date
    December 2008
    Location
    Malta
    Posts
    745
    Blog Entries
    22
    Thanks
    223
    Thanked 430 Times in 205 Posts

    Default

    Yes, although minimum link juice. A is link a Link unless it's a bad one. 0 out of 10 IS NOT BAD. It's a natural footprint. Yea Google looks at backlinks, but more so they look at historical tendencies on that site (Ie.Buzzfeed) and/or shares, likes, retweets, MOMENTUM.

    If you know what you are doing and do the hard work, these DEF will pay off. But do it smart...trickle the signups.

    What be metric to use when Social Media is nearly impossible to game, and it's always getting harder.

    I used to use scrapebox or xrumer to scrape sites for open PpbBB and VBulletin for this, but link velocity and relevancy, as compared to the competition enters in to play as well.

    I would scrape your competitors links with LRT, export them into a txt file, import the positives, no matter how small the grads, as long as it's positive then add it to you xrumer list of site.
    Once you have a significant (10-500 blogs/forums that you are approved on, set a schedule to post every other day.

    You'll see what I mean.
    GTSG
    Last edited by GaryTheScubaGuy; 22 January 2018 at 1:28 am.
    GaryTheScubaGuy

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to GaryTheScubaGuy For This Useful Post:

    casionmark (22 January 2018)

  6. #4
    Rick Perry is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    June 2015
    Posts
    36
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 11 Times in 10 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by casionmark View Post
    Hi - Anyone have any views on the value of using forum posts as opportunities to set up backlinks? And if so, is there any value in a backlink from a totally non-gaming related forum site to a gambling affiliate site. I'm asking because I've seen this happening in the profile of another affiliate site I brought up in ahrefs.
    If you can give value to the reader, go for it. If not, it is spamming..
    Looking forward to be a part of the community Play the Best free slot machines right now. Mejores Juegos de tragamonedas gratis - Jugar ahora. Os melhores caça niqueis grátis Para Jogar Agora. Die besten online spielautomaten. Лучшее Ббесплатные казино игровые автоматы без регистрации. Nejlepší automaty zdarma. Zahrajte si také online automaty zdarma ihned. Joacă Acum cele mai bune pacanele. Najlepsze darmowe gry hazardowe online. Or play 1000+ free slots now.

  7. #5
    GaryTheScubaGuy's Avatar
    GaryTheScubaGuy is offline In Memorium, 1966-2018
    Join Date
    December 2008
    Location
    Malta
    Posts
    745
    Blog Entries
    22
    Thanks
    223
    Thanked 430 Times in 205 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Perry View Post
    If you can give value to the reader, go for it. If not, it is spamming..
    Gave this some thought, run scrapebox to identify phpB or vBulletin boards that you can create an account without admin permission. Your username is your kw. I'll give you access to whatever you need to run a test. I've seen it work, I've seen it fail miserably.
    GaryTheScubaGuy

  8. #6
    casionmark is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    November 2016
    Posts
    473
    Thanks
    353
    Thanked 128 Times in 95 Posts

    Default

    Thanks - when you say ' fail miserably' - does this include having a detrimental effect on rankings? or just no effect at all?

    Currently I'm in early stages of a new site so wouldn't do anything risky.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to casionmark For This Useful Post:

    Cash Bonus (27 January 2018)

  10. #7
    GaryTheScubaGuy's Avatar
    GaryTheScubaGuy is offline In Memorium, 1966-2018
    Join Date
    December 2008
    Location
    Malta
    Posts
    745
    Blog Entries
    22
    Thanks
    223
    Thanked 430 Times in 205 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by casionmark View Post
    Thanks - when you say ' fail miserably' - does this include having a detrimental effect on rankings? or just no effect at all?

    Currently I'm in early stages of a new site so wouldn't do anything risky.
    Then DO NOT even touch scrapebox, xrumer or SENukeTng, especailly if you don't know what you're doing. I've used them for years and although theyare integrating a better UX - that's not thier primary concern.

    If you want to do positive and useful tasks with forums, find 5 or 6, join, post and hare and gain rep. then you can place links and even if they are nofollow they are still beneficial to an organic looking footprint.

    Be sure to join busy forums and not the spsm-farms that xrumer retrieves.
    GaryTheScubaGuy

  11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GaryTheScubaGuy For This Useful Post:

    casionmark (27 January 2018), StakeHunters (18 February 2018)

  12. #8
    casionmark is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    November 2016
    Posts
    473
    Thanks
    353
    Thanked 128 Times in 95 Posts

    Default

    Thanks - that makes total sense .

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •