Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    chris22 is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    November 2010
    Posts
    11
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default Contribution of affliates to overall gaming revenues

    Any know where I can find figures for affiliate contributions to overall gaming revenues i.e. what percentage of overall gaming revenues are contributed by affiliates worldwide, in the uk, in different products (sportsbook, casino, poker, bingo, skill-games), etc.

    I have heard that affilates contribute around 40% of revenue to most operators, but I have not seen figures to back that up anywhere. Ani idea where I can find them?

    Thanks

    Chris.
    www.gamble4glory.co.uk - Sports Betting Odds Comparison and Community website

  2. #2
    Renee's Avatar
    Renee is offline Sponsor Affiliate Program
    Join Date
    August 2005
    Posts
    9,072
    Blog Entries
    6
    Thanks
    6,642
    Thanked 3,543 Times in 2,206 Posts

    Default

    Similar questions come up every now and then and the answer is basically that unless a company is public and has public records of their revenues, they do not give this information out to the public.
    __________________
    Renee, Affiliate Program Manager
    http://www.RewardsAffiliates.com
    Affiliate Program for CasinoRewards.com
    Best Affiliate Manager - CAP Awards 2008
    Best Casino Affiliate Manager - CAP Awards 2009
    Best Casino Affiliate Manager - iGB Affiliate Awards 2010

  3. #3
    chris22 is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    November 2010
    Posts
    11
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Hi Renee,
    Thanks for come back to me. I was hoping somebody might have seen a report from Gambling Commission or other source on the importance of affiliates to the online gaming sector - with some figures showing percentage of gross gaming revenue coming from affiliates.
    It's not so easy to find on the internet as a search throws up pages about individual affiliate offers.
    Keep me posted if you hear of anything
    Thanks
    Chris.
    www.gamble4glory.co.uk - Sports Betting Odds Comparison and Community website

  4. #4
    davemerry's Avatar
    davemerry is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    June 2010
    Location
    London
    Posts
    751
    Thanks
    332
    Thanked 230 Times in 182 Posts

    Default

    Hi Chris,

    As Renee said, I am not sure many operators would be willing to give out this information.

    If I remember rightly however a Dublinbet affiliates advertisement in EGR Magazine last year contained a break down of their traffic sources, highlighting the percentage overall that was provided by affiliates. I could probably dig out the exact issue but don't want to tread on any toes (friendly competitor n'that ).

    You could ask Paul from Dublinbet (username dublinbetPaul on this forum) and he may be able to provide you with more information.

    Cheers,
    Dave

  5. #5
    CasinoTom's Avatar
    CasinoTom is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    June 2010
    Location
    Malta
    Posts
    223
    Thanks
    20
    Thanked 48 Times in 40 Posts

    Default

    Just to give you an idea, the percentage of overall revenues from igaming affiliates is markedly higher than in other verticals, such as electronics/fashion/etc (In my experience).

    However, that figure is slowly becoming more aligned with the percentages found in igaming, due to the increase in online shopper-savvy and the higher profile of voucher-code and comparison sites as they are becoming shopping portals in their own rights, with or without the products/brands that the user may have been looking for, along with increasing power to bid on both brand and generic search terms.
    Last edited by CasinoTom; 16 March 2011 at 8:54 am.

  6. #6
    dublinbetPaul's Avatar
    dublinbetPaul is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    September 2010
    Posts
    75
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 27 Times in 22 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by davemerry View Post
    Hi Chris,

    As Renee said, I am not sure many operators would be willing to give out this information.

    If I remember rightly however a Dublinbet affiliates advertisement in EGR Magazine last year contained a break down of their traffic sources, highlighting the percentage overall that was provided by affiliates. I could probably dig out the exact issue but don't want to tread on any toes (friendly competitor n'that ).

    You could ask Paul from Dublinbet (username dublinbetPaul on this forum) and he may be able to provide you with more information.

    Cheers,
    Dave
    Did someone mention my name Thanks Dave!

    Yes, we've not run a public report on this for a while but when we last did it we found that Affiliates accounted for 44% of new player recruitment. I'm not sure how representative this is on the industry as a whole as dublinbet has always been very 'below-the-line' in terms of marketing and so has used it's affiliate channel as a cost-effective way of building the business, without any lavish spending on huge advertising activities.

    Our reason for publishing this (when other don't) is to let affiliates know that we know, how important they are to us as a business. Therefore it follows that we very much value the affiliate relationships.

    I hope this helps in some way.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to dublinbetPaul For This Useful Post:

    davemerry (21 March 2011)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •