Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Conversions

  1. #1
    let_em_spin is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    25
    Thanks
    20
    Thanked 18 Times in 10 Posts

    Default Conversions

    Hi all

    The other day I received an email from a group of casinos that had launched a new online casino and rather than putting it on my website I created a quick post on Facebook and linked directly to the casino landing page and I then boosted the post to get some attention to it

    Long story short, in a couple of days I had 120 new registrations (it was a register and get X free spins deal, no deposit required) but then just 1 new depositer (first one ever, yay!) - earning £1.19!

    My question is, is this normal, 120 people signed up and got their spins then never went back? Is this a casino problem, is their marketing not good enough? Should I be looking for better deals like commission on sign ups for things like this?

    Interested to hear some thoughts (UK market by the way)

  2. #2
    wolfie is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    April 2014
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    341
    Thanks
    95
    Thanked 315 Times in 153 Posts

    Default

    When you are targeting free spins hunting, no deposit players with an offer like that, you should not be surprised if that is all you are going to get: free spins hunting players that do not deposit.

    So, one new depositor in 120 signups is not all that strange, to be honest.

  3. #3
    zalozite's Avatar
    zalozite is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    305
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 35 Times in 31 Posts

    Default

    Its a good number of depositors for not so long period, but I also think its not so strange, they want free spins, try the game and then do not play. I think you has chance to get depositors from this 120 players, maybe on a later time.

  4. #4
    wonderpunter's Avatar
    wonderpunter is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    August 2013
    Posts
    3,411
    Blog Entries
    5
    Thanks
    427
    Thanked 2,003 Times in 1,255 Posts

    Default

    I have seen 500 registrations and 0 deposits before.. on my site I do not offer any type of free or no deposit bonus, people get so fixated in high traffic volumes and lower quality of traffic to do it.


  5. The Following User Says Thank You to wonderpunter For This Useful Post:

    PromoteCasino (30 August 2019)

  6. #5
    TheGooner's Avatar
    TheGooner is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    4,565
    Thanks
    2,092
    Thanked 4,537 Times in 2,177 Posts

    Default

    If you posted a UK promotion on facebook and didn't have specific permission to do so - and a long string of riders and conditions - then you'll have a very short lifespan as an affiliate targeting the UK.

    Gambling promotions on widespread social media like twitter and facebook are usually discouraged by programs - especially with the phrase "free spins".

  7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TheGooner For This Useful Post:

    drifter8 (31 August 2019), Former Member 14 (2 September 2019), fullbenefit (30 August 2019), Strider1973 (30 August 2019)

  8. #6
    Strider1973's Avatar
    Strider1973 is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    November 2012
    Posts
    449
    Thanks
    337
    Thanked 268 Times in 182 Posts

    Default

    True what Gooner said.

    Be careful with gambling ads on Facebook. It's only a matter of time until your account gets banned.

    It's a science to run black hat campaigns on Facebook. You need fresh accounts ("account farming"), a cloaker, access to new credit cards, access to fresh computers etc. I wouldn't bother doing it unless you have plenty of funds, technical expertise and if you are personally not troubled with disabled accounts.

    If I were you, I'd just not do it again and hope that your FB account doesn't get banned. In my opinion, it's not worth the hassle for a small affiliate.
    "Semper paratus!"
    My BTC Address: 1F11EJvSAab5vMQgGWGQMASr9T7LCkZjvb

  9. #7
    let_em_spin is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    25
    Thanks
    20
    Thanked 18 Times in 10 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Strider1973 View Post
    True what Gooner said.

    Be careful with gambling ads on Facebook. It's only a matter of time until your account gets banned.

    It's a science to run black hat campaigns on Facebook. You need fresh accounts ("account farming"), a cloaker, access to new credit cards, access to fresh computers etc. I wouldn't bother doing it unless you have plenty of funds, technical expertise and if you are personally not troubled with disabled accounts.

    If I were you, I'd just not do it again and hope that your FB account doesn't get banned. In my opinion, it's not worth the hassle for a small affiliate.
    Hey

    I have all the correct permissions from Facebook to run real money gaming adverts, I have been running promotions for my page on and off for a few months. At first they kept getting banned but I supplied all the necessary paperwork to them and ever since all my ads are approved.

    Thanks

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to let_em_spin For This Useful Post:

    Strider1973 (31 August 2019)

  11. #8
    drifter8's Avatar
    drifter8 is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2017
    Location
    Bulgaria
    Posts
    1,284
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    2,738
    Thanked 624 Times in 480 Posts

    Default

    My advise in not to advertise anything free on these campaigns, you will get mostly hunters or free games players, forget about FTD's and long lasting experience of players.
    Think as a player, if you register via such campaigns, how long you would play with this bookis or casino.
    Seven times fall, eight times stand.

  12. #9
    TheGooner's Avatar
    TheGooner is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    4,565
    Thanks
    2,092
    Thanked 4,537 Times in 2,177 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by let_em_spin View Post
    I have all the correct permissions from Facebook to run real money gaming adverts, I have been running promotions for my page on and off for a few months. At first they kept getting banned but I supplied all the necessary paperwork to them and ever since all my ads are approved.
    Many UK betting programs explicitly state NO twitter of facebook coverage.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to TheGooner For This Useful Post:

    Former Member 14 (2 September 2019)

  14. #10
    Join Date
    November 2005
    Posts
    4,507
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    1,920
    Thanked 2,216 Times in 1,278 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGooner View Post
    Many UK betting programs explicitly state NO twitter of facebook coverage.
    That's the 2'nd time you've tried to help. Maybe the OP will take heed this time.

    I'll chime in and add... the wording "free spins" or "free bonus" or anything that includes the word "free" will likely get your UK aff accounts closed. Social Media ads or your site ads, regardless, are you displaying the correct terms associated to each igaming venue. If not, there's another strike!

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to Former Member 14 For This Useful Post:

    drifter8 (2 September 2019)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •