Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1. #1
    LuckyLizzy's Avatar
    LuckyLizzy is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    September 2009
    Location
    Orlando, Florida
    Posts
    366
    Thanks
    59
    Thanked 50 Times in 38 Posts

    Default The Fabiano Family Relief Fund: Remembering the Professor, Louis Fabiano

    On August 27, 1963 Louis Sr. and Patricia Fabiano welcomed a beautiful baby boy into this world Louis Joseph Fabiano. He had lots of love growing up, as he was raised by both his loving parents and spirited grandmother, Sabia.

    As a young child, he attended Bradenton Elementary. He did very well and always brought home good grades. During high school he attended a military academy. There he learned self-responsibility, leadership skills, and what it means to be a great friend. In his senior year, he went to Palmetto High School where he graduated with honors.

    Lou was always an entrepreneur. Lou began a career even before graduating from college. At 17, he started his own marketing business. But that didn’t mean he forgot about his education. He started his collegiate endeavors at the University of Miami where he received a degree in computer engineering.

    After college Lou worked for Sonitrol Security. During that time he welcomed his first child, Kara Fabiano, into the world. He later went on to work at Advantor Systems and soon welcomed a second daughter, Nina Fabanio. He excelled in his professional life, but wanted to find someone to spend the rest of his life with.

    In his early thirties Lou found Marie, his loving wife. There was an instant connection from their very first date. They complimented each other’s personalities perfectly and were inseparable from there on out. He also treated Marie’s two older daughters, Sandra and Bianca, as his own. The Fabiano family later welcomed a fifth daughter, Aaliyah into their lives.

    After their family was complete, Lou was drawn back to his first passion, internet marketing. In 1999, he launched a company that would later grow into one of the most successful businesses in the online gaming industry, Casino Affiliate Programs. In 2009, Lou furthered his accomplishments by forming a new company, Orlando Affiliate Publishing.

    Sadly, on August 24, 2010 Louis Fabiano went home to God after fighting a good fight in ICU for several weeks. He will be remembered for a lot of things; his love of laughter and life, his motivation and drive, and most of all his dedication to his family and friends.

    I just want to take a moment and ask anyone who can, to help this family through this difficult period in their lives. As an employee and friend of Lou and his family, I have seen first hand how hard it has been over the last few weeks. I still can’t believe that he won’t be there to greet me every morning or teach me all there is to learn about the industry. He was a good man and I will miss him dearly. A fund has been set up for the Fabiano family to help them through this difficult time. Those who wish to donate may visit http://fabianofamilyrelieffund.chipi...ly-relief-fund.

    <embed allowScriptAccess="always" src="http://widget.chipin.com/widget/id/c8e3245d69334455" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="234" height="60"></embed>
    Last edited by Anthony; 31 August 2010 at 8:33 am. Reason: added widget

  2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LuckyLizzy For This Useful Post:

    alexpratt (30 August 2010), Nandakishore (30 August 2010), pgaming (29 August 2010)

  3. #2
    Anthony's Avatar
    Anthony is offline GPWA/APCW Program Director
    Join Date
    June 2003
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    7,294
    Blog Entries
    67
    Thanks
    2,201
    Thanked 3,609 Times in 1,901 Posts

    Default

    Thank you for sharing some background of Lou's life with us.
    I am here to help if you have any issues with an affiliate program.
    Become involved in GPWA to truly make the association your own:
    Apply for Private Membership | Apply for the GPWA Seal | Partner with a GPWA Sponsor | Volunteer as a Moderator


  4. #3
    LuckyLizzy's Avatar
    LuckyLizzy is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    September 2009
    Location
    Orlando, Florida
    Posts
    366
    Thanks
    59
    Thanked 50 Times in 38 Posts

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to LuckyLizzy For This Useful Post:

    Anthony (31 August 2010)

  6. #4
    casinoyaya is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    July 2009
    Posts
    73
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 11 Times in 5 Posts

    Default

    Please let me know email me if you have any questions the relief fund Those who wish to donate may visit http://fabianofamilyrelieffund.chipi...ly-relief-fund.

    Also you may contact me though email at sandram@orlandoaff.com

    I'm Louis Fabiano Daugther and I will be taken over.

    Thanks,
    Sandra Mondesir

  7. #5
    bets@betsfreebets.co's Avatar
    bets@betsfreebets.co is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    June 2007
    Location
    Bogota
    Posts
    179
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 19 Times in 14 Posts

    Default

    great input for the legend

  8. #6
    Anthony's Avatar
    Anthony is offline GPWA/APCW Program Director
    Join Date
    June 2003
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    7,294
    Blog Entries
    67
    Thanks
    2,201
    Thanked 3,609 Times in 1,901 Posts

    Default The Fabiano Family Relief Fund

    <embed allowScriptAccess="always" src="http://widget.chipin.com/widget/id/c8e3245d69334455" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="234" height="60"></embed>
    I am here to help if you have any issues with an affiliate program.
    Become involved in GPWA to truly make the association your own:
    Apply for Private Membership | Apply for the GPWA Seal | Partner with a GPWA Sponsor | Volunteer as a Moderator


  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony For This Useful Post:

    LuckyLizzy (1 September 2010)

  10. #7
    LuckyLizzy's Avatar
    LuckyLizzy is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    September 2009
    Location
    Orlando, Florida
    Posts
    366
    Thanks
    59
    Thanked 50 Times in 38 Posts

    Default

    Thanks for posting that widget. I wasn't sure how to do it.

  11. #8
    Anthony's Avatar
    Anthony is offline GPWA/APCW Program Director
    Join Date
    June 2003
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    7,294
    Blog Entries
    67
    Thanks
    2,201
    Thanked 3,609 Times in 1,901 Posts

    Default

    No problem.

    You can just select copy on the widget to get the code to post on other sites.

    I added it to the original post so people don't have to scroll down the thread to find it.


    </EMBED>
    I am here to help if you have any issues with an affiliate program.
    Become involved in GPWA to truly make the association your own:
    Apply for Private Membership | Apply for the GPWA Seal | Partner with a GPWA Sponsor | Volunteer as a Moderator


  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anthony For This Useful Post:

    CityGuard (1 September 2010), LuckyLizzy (1 September 2010)

  13. #9
    LuckyLizzy's Avatar
    LuckyLizzy is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    September 2009
    Location
    Orlando, Florida
    Posts
    366
    Thanks
    59
    Thanked 50 Times in 38 Posts

    Default

    I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who has made contributions for Lou's family so far. They are in a tight spot right now and things are pretty tough without his guidance.

  14. #10
    casinoyaya is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    July 2009
    Posts
    73
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 11 Times in 5 Posts

    Default

    Thank you so much...

  15. #11
    LuckyLizzy's Avatar
    LuckyLizzy is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    September 2009
    Location
    Orlando, Florida
    Posts
    366
    Thanks
    59
    Thanked 50 Times in 38 Posts

    Default Why Lou's Family Needs Our Help

    Most of you may not be familiar with the difficulties Lou and his family have dealt with in the last year and I just wanted everyone to know why it is that they need our help right now. Some may have the idea that they were well off but the truth of the matter is that they have been having financial troubles for quite a while now. I thought I'd take some time and explain the situation to all of you.

    Louis Fabiano was a good man who loved his family, friends and the people he worked with. Let's remember the good times, when Lou orchestrated entertaining events throughout his time at CAP. Like the time he challenged GPWA to a tug of war or the countless times he invited people in the industry to meals at his favorite restaurants. Even though the tug of war never actually took place, it is testimony to his incredible ability to make an event special.

    As his name the “Professor” indicates, he was one of the most helpful people I knew and would always be the first to offer his vast knowledge of the industry and so much more. Some even called him a walking encyclopedia.

    When I first met him, I remember being so happy that Lou was my boss because he made my opinions seem important even though I was just a newbie to the industry. He liked to spoil us by taking the whole office to lunch every Friday. I remember thinking how cool it was that he treated us like friends- not just employees.

    I’ll never forget the good times we had and will forever hold those memories in my heart. I’m sure everyone else will too. He loved to share his good fortunes with others and was so very generous, always wanting the people around him to have a good time. So it broke his heart when he was no longer able to do this the way he used to.

    Soon Lou's financial troubles became apparent and a meeting was called. We had plenty of meetings but this time though, I knew it was different. He had to tell several of his higher paid employees that he could no longer afford to keep them on full time. This was devastating for him as a few of them had to leave the company because they could not take a pay cut. During this time I was being paid through a Florida run program that helps young people like me find careers, so I was not affected by these changes. After a couple of weeks there were only a hand full of us left and Lou became very depressed. He realized the direction things were going and it was scary for him. After all, he was used to being very successful in the industry. During that summer he was admitted into the hospital for his heart. I was very worried for him because of his health and it was hard to see this family who I had become so close to suffer. But it was only the beginning.

    When he returned back to work about a week later he seemed ok, but it was never the same as it was before. There was always a cloud looming over us that reminded him how bad things were becoming. In the fall of 2009, Lou had no choice but to file the company for bankruptcy and try to start over fresh. He lost the big office suite that he was so proud of and we moved into a much smaller office. I was optimistic about this as I figured it would save him enough money to keep this new business, Orlando Affiliate Publishing, up and running. After all he had been through, I felt that Lou deserved at least that.

    When the new year started, so did the end of the government program which had been funding my internship as Lou's employee. I was almost certain he wouldn't be able to keep me and my fellow intern, Shayla, but he found a way to do it despite the difficulties he would have to face to do so. I remember in February 2010 he even had to pawn some of his things just to be able to pay us. It was heartbreaking. I wasn't supposed to know he did it, but I found out anyways. He didn't want us to know how much he was going through to keep everything afloat. Just a few months later, he had to let go of
    Shayla which was extremely hard for him to do. To this day, the whole family still keeps in touch with her in hopes that one day, business will pick back up and they will be able to bring her back.

    Now the family learned that his Florida real estate properties, which were worth only a fraction of what he owed, were in danger of being foreclosed on due to his inability to pay the mortgages. The Florida real estate collapse had hit Lou very hard.

    In the beginning of July, Lou seemed to have lost all hope for things to get better and became very sad. He tried to hide his pain but it was literally impossible for us not to notice. He put on some weight and began breathing heavier than normal. I asked him what was wrong and he blamed it on allergies but I knew it was something more. A week later, while Lou was at a doctor’s appointment, someone stopped by the office to let us know the building we rented was being foreclosed and that we had till the end of the month to get out. This was more than Lou could bare at the time and just days later he was in the hospital after turning purple and becoming very out of breath. Near the end of July, Lou was released from the hospital but had to wear an oxygen mask in order to breathe.

    On July 28, 2010 Lou heard the news that his best friend, Allan Leonard had passed away. This was the final blow and Lou just couldn't handle any more loss. The news was such a shock and so sad for him that just a few days later, Lou was back in the hospital fighting for his own life. He spent nearly a month trying to get better but now he is no longer with us. For me, this is the first time I have ever lost someone who I was close to and who was part of my everyday life. It has been more difficult than I could have imagined and I am sure that this is nothing compared to how Marie and the rest of the family are feeling. It is hard to see such good people so lost without their "head of the pack." One of the only things that makes his loss bearable for me is knowing that he is with his good friend, The Captain and that where he is he will never again feel the pain and suffering of this world.

    Wow, I didn't mean for this to become so long, but I just wanted to get things out. I suppose what I'm trying to say is, this family needs our help to make it through these hardest of times. Please, if you can help by donating it would be greatly appreciated. Every penny counts so don't worry if you can only spare a small amount. Thank you so much.

    <embed allowScriptAccess="always" src="http://widget.chipin.com/widget/id/c8e3245d69334455" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="234" height="60"></embed>

  16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LuckyLizzy For This Useful Post:

    Anthony (9 September 2010), Nandakishore (7 September 2010)

  17. #12
    universal4's Avatar
    universal4 is online now Forum Administrator
    Join Date
    July 2003
    Location
    Courage is being scared to death...and saddling up anyway. John Wayne
    Posts
    33,991
    Thanks
    4,543
    Thanked 9,297 Times in 5,981 Posts

    Default

    Thanks for sharing that.....

    I am so saddened by the fact that I did not make it into town to visit with him recnetly when we had last talked....

    Rick
    Universal4
    Gambling World Online Roulette Online Blackjack Live Online Games Sports Betting Horse Racing
    Casino Affiliate Programs
    Hosting and Domain Names
    Gambling Industry Association
    GPWA Moderation by Me and My Big Bad Security Self
    If an affiliate program is not small affiliate friendly (especially small US Affiliate), then they are NOT Affiliate Friendly!

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to universal4 For This Useful Post:

    LuckyLizzy (8 September 2010)

  19. #13
    casinoyaya is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    July 2009
    Posts
    73
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 11 Times in 5 Posts

    Default

    He will understand universal4 trust me.

  20. #14
    Connie B's Avatar
    Connie B is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    April 2002
    Location
    Richmond Hill, Canada
    Posts
    539
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    149
    Thanked 152 Times in 91 Posts

    Default

    Hello,

    A small donation has been made for Marie.

    Cheers,

    Connie
    Connie Burstin
    Telegram: @connieburstin
    Linkedin: www.linkedin.com/in/connieburstin
    --

  21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Connie B For This Useful Post:

    Anthony (8 September 2010), LuckyLizzy (8 September 2010)

  22. #15
    LuckyLizzy's Avatar
    LuckyLizzy is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    September 2009
    Location
    Orlando, Florida
    Posts
    366
    Thanks
    59
    Thanked 50 Times in 38 Posts

    Default

    Thanks for all the help so far. The family really needs our help right now big time. They are very close to losing their home to foreclosure. I'm so worried for Marie.

  23. #16
    Anthony's Avatar
    Anthony is offline GPWA/APCW Program Director
    Join Date
    June 2003
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    7,294
    Blog Entries
    67
    Thanks
    2,201
    Thanked 3,609 Times in 1,901 Posts

    Default

    I am very pleased to see the community coming together again to help those in need during a difficult time.
    I am here to help if you have any issues with an affiliate program.
    Become involved in GPWA to truly make the association your own:
    Apply for Private Membership | Apply for the GPWA Seal | Partner with a GPWA Sponsor | Volunteer as a Moderator


  24. #17
    Ace
    Ace is offline New Member
    Join Date
    September 2010
    Location
    San Jose, Costa Rica
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    Sent a small paypal... hope it helps
    RIP Lou.... best of luck to the Fabiano family

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •