Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Voids is offline Private Member
    Thanks

Default Conversions & potential

Was just wondering if there are any conversion experts on the forum, it's one of the area's I'm particularly poor on and it happens to be one of the most vital.

Wish there was a service where someone would come look at your site & your traffic and know what % of conversion you should be looking to get and help you hit that target.

Sometimes I feel like I'm feeling in the dark!

Would love for someone to help my site reach it's potential, but how to you ever know what it is?

As with most things in the industry, every answer and result I get normally leads to more question.

Rant over!

thebookiesoffers is offline Former Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,764 Times in 1,009 Posts

if I were you I'd get a lot more going on on the homepage

more free bets for starters

also why not have a betting offers section there where you list all the acca bonuses and money back specials etc?

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thebookiesoffers For This Useful Post:

muffincrumbs (15 November 2013), Voids (13 November 2013)

Thanks

Such a simple Idea but completely missed by me, for all the traffic and "tips" I give, I don't actually give them much insight in to what bookmakers offer customers that bet on accumulators.

Cheers mate !

baldidiot is online now Private Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,982 Times in 1,307 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Voids View Post
    Such a simple Idea but completely missed by me, for all the traffic and "tips" I give, I don't actually give them much insight in to what bookmakers offer customers that bet on accumulators.

Cheers mate !
    I would definitely be pushing these hard - especially if you have decent traffic. I have a list of various football offers (including quite a few acca related ones) here: http://www.bettingoffers.org.uk/football.html - should save you a bit of leg work

There's definitely a lot you can do to the site to ramp up conversions though - as Aidan said, I'd start with more content on the home page. Your sidebar's a bit wasted at the moment - takes up half the page but barely has anything on it. I'd reduce the width (ie: increasing the width of the main page) and add some extra widgets to it such as a latest tips/posts module or a mini table of free bets.

You free bets page (http://www.footy-tipster.co.uk/free-bets/) needs a bit of love too - try replacing it with an easier to read table, or longer descriptions of the free bets. I would also pad the page out with information about free bets.
    onlinegamblingwebsites.com - Formally known as goodbonusguide.

Storebuilder is offline Private Member
    Thanks

Dealer Dan has a great article for you: http://www.affiliatebible.com/sports...ps-website.php

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by baldidiot View Post
    I would definitely be pushing these hard - especially if you have decent traffic. I have a list of various football offers (including quite a few acca related ones) here: http://www.bettingoffers.org.uk/football.html - should save you a bit of leg work

There's definitely a lot you can do to the site to ramp up conversions though - as Aidan said, I'd start with more content on the home page. Your sidebar's a bit wasted at the moment - takes up half the page but barely has anything on it. I'd reduce the width (ie: increasing the width of the main page) and add some extra widgets to it such as a latest tips/posts module or a mini table of free bets.

You free bets page (http://www.footy-tipster.co.uk/free-bets/) needs a bit of love too - try replacing it with an easier to read table, or longer descriptions of the free bets. I would also pad the page out with information about free bets.
    Cheers for the review mate, once I've finished updating the site with changes from Aiden I'll move on to these. I tried with the table, but with over 50% of my visitors coming from mobile devices I need to figure out a way to serve the data in a mobile friendly way, that applies to the free bet page and with the home page. It's currently as it is, because I didn't know what to do with it. I was trailing the single advert with my avatar but it's not worked tbh so I might swap it out for some form of free bets.

The free bet page has just been revamped from a pretty shocking page as a quick stop method, I will definitely look at this again shortly.

That offers page should help me get up to date and pick out the useful offers without having to visit and search all the sites, although we only promote a select number of books currently.

Quote Originally Posted by Storebuilder View Post
    Dealer Dan has a great article for you: http://www.affiliatebible.com/sports...ps-website.php
    I've read that page a number of times and we have a growing mailing list, which should be over 1000 before the end of the season. I will have to give it another read as it's not a successful as we think it should be. Cheers for the help.

RacingJim is offline Public Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,364 Times in 841 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Storebuilder View Post
    I love Dealer Dan, great site that one and has helped me a lot over the last year.

I once ran a football tips site and found it quite heavy going to get conversions, If I was you I'd get on facebook and look at what people are doing on there, I'd also mention the best offers each and every time you do a post. e.g. if you recommend a particular accumulator, who is it best odds with, what is their offer, you might already do this but thought I'd put it out there in case you don't.

You need to really sell the offers within each article/tip, don't just expect that people will click an advert at the side cos they very often won't do that.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RacingJim View Post
    I love Dealer Dan, great site that one and has helped me a lot over the last year.

I once ran a football tips site and found it quite heavy going to get conversions, If I was you I'd get on facebook and look at what people are doing on there, I'd also mention the best offers each and every time you do a post. e.g. if you recommend a particular accumulator, who is it best odds with, what is their offer, you might already do this but thought I'd put it out there in case you don't.

You need to really sell the offers within each article/tip, don't just expect that people will click an advert at the side cos they very often won't do that.
    Hi Jim I do already do that, and yeah I use the Dealer Dan site a lot and have spoke to him quite a few times. What kind of numbers for traffic and sign ups where you getting at your tipster site, if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks

Hi Jim I do already do that, and yeah I use the Dealer Dan site a lot and have spoke to him quite a few times. What kind of numbers for traffic and sign ups where you getting at your tipster site, if you don't mind me asking?
    If I'm honbest I never really got fully into it, I got some traffic but just couldn't be bothered keep looking for tips every day for the number of signups I was getting. If I was to do an exclusively tips site now I'd go along the FB route, still have the main site as an added bonus but I think it's all happening on FB if you look at football accumulators etc.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RacingJim View Post
    If I'm honbest I never really got fully into it, I got some traffic but just couldn't be bothered keep looking for tips every day for the number of signups I was getting. If I was to do an exclusively tips site now I'd go along the FB route, still have the main site as an added bonus but I think it's all happening on FB if you look at football accumulators etc.
    Yup I've been following them since before they started as affiliates, I just can never get any traction or likes for that , doing ok on twitter but just don't think I'm particularly good at social media haha! Maybe that's why I run a business from my bedroom !

Thanks

Yup I've been following them since before they started as affiliates, I just can never get any traction or likes for that , doing ok on twitter but just don't think I'm particularly good at social media haha! Maybe that's why I run a business from my bedroom !
    Yeh it's not really my forte either, I'm still a Google man but would like to get into the FB stuff personally, just to reduce the risk of it all falling down whenever Google decides to do algo updates.

Thanks

why not try a small add campaign on there to get likes to your facebook page, you can target it, get a base and build from there

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thebookiesoffers View Post
    why not try a small add campaign on there to get likes to your facebook page, you can target it, get a base and build from there
    Won't let us advertise as we are a gambling page and won't commit to a 10,000 a year advertising budget.

Thanks

Won't let us advertise as we are a gambling page and won't commit to a 10,000 a year advertising budget.
    Wowsers, I've never looked into it myself but that sounds harsh!

Thanks

I've ran campaigns on there before for 100

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thebookiesoffers View Post
    I've ran campaigns on there before for 100
    Yeh so have I, but they won't let me any more as we are classified under gambling. The only way to get your adverts allowed is to get an account manager, and you have to spend over 10,000 to be assigned one. (according to research )

MattPrice is offline Non-sponsor Affiliate Program
    Thanks

It's strange, I've heard the 10,000 figure from several affiliates I've spoken too. But, equally I've heard of plenty of businesses running smaller test campaigns like thebookiesoffers mentioned.

Problem is when companies become as big as Facebook and Google, they basically become a law unto themselves. It's hard enough for people to even get in touch with them most of the time, let alone convince them to allow a campaign. From my experience, it seems easier for people to develop a Twitter following anyway. Whether that's easier to monetise or not is another question...

kristal_cm is offline Public Member
    Thanks

Further to all the great advice you received above you should also sign up to conversion rate expert's newsletter.
    Kristal Camilleri Murison

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kristal-inter View Post
    Further to all the great advice you received above you should also sign up to conversion rate expert's newsletter.

Cheers Kristal going to give that a read over the next couple of days !

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MattPrice View Post
    It's strange, I've heard the 10,000 figure from several affiliates I've spoken too. But, equally I've heard of plenty of businesses running smaller test campaigns like thebookiesoffers mentioned.

Problem is when companies become as big as Facebook and Google, they basically become a law unto themselves. It's hard enough for people to even get in touch with them most of the time, let alone convince them to allow a campaign. From my experience, it seems easier for people to develop a Twitter following anyway. Whether that's easier to monetise or not is another question...
    Managed to finally speak to someone at facebook and they confirmed and there is a "minimum $10,000 per month spending threshold" .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast