For a while now I've been wanting to do some definitive guides to various casino softwares, and I kind of want each to be their own site. A while back I bought a bunch of domains to use for this purpose that contained the software names, but immediately after this a couple of the software companies started clamping down on trademarked domains and I put the idea on hold.
So I'm thinking of ways around this, as I don't really want to roll the dice on whether or not the domains get seized, and wanted to know if there was any legal objections or recourse to using a trademark as a subdomain.
For example, if I were to register microgamingmysite.com - I'm risking microgaming having a hissy fit. But what about microgaming.mysite.com. From a legal standpoint, is there anything against using a trademark in this manner?
Alternatively, if an abbreviation or slang term was used in the actual domain in place of the trademark, can the trademark owner complain if the site is 100% dedicated to the trademark term (although clearly an 'unofficial guide')?


LinkBack URL
About LinkBacks
Reply With Quote




