Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. #1
    universal4's Avatar
    universal4 is offline Forum Administrator
    Join Date
    July 2003
    Location
    Courage is being scared to death...and saddling up anyway. John Wayne
    Posts
    33,988
    Thanks
    4,540
    Thanked 9,297 Times in 5,981 Posts

    Default CPanels on Windows Servers

    Sorry I posted this here but I felt that it was the most appropraite place and still be within the public threads and get the best coverage.

    Does anyone out there happen to have any experience using CPanel for Windows Server (or whatever they will name it for it's release soon) or Dot Net Panel?

    I would really like to find an administrator that has a bit of experience on this, but if you happen to be an end user and you know that your host uses this I would still like to hear from you.

    With the purchase of Helm by Parallels and their intergration....(inmyopinion) it appears they are not going to even make the list of cpanels to consider....although I held out hope for a while.

    CPanel for Windows is on my list, but I recently rearranged the list when I found out they want it on Active Directory....(I actually like AD and use it in many places and functions....and even have AD DNS on the rack....but had no plans on running a cpanel on it....and certainly not until I was more comfortable with it)

    Now, I always at least try to keep an open mind and I could be convinced to run it this way....but have asked a few questions in the CPanel forum before making a decision....thus my request to see if anyone here has any experience that I could pick their brain a bit and get a few questions answered that would not necessarily be sales driven by company rep's....

    Price-wise DotNetPanel has made the list but I am also open to suggestions and experiences by others.

    I will not entertain posts by those suggesting I just use Linux or any such nonsense....

    Also please understand I am asking Hosting Provider type related questions....or those that may happen to have reseller accounts or VPS accounts on servers that use one of the above mentioned CPanels....

    Thanks for your time....

    Rick
    Universal4
    Gambling World Online Roulette Online Blackjack Live Online Games Sports Betting Horse Racing
    Casino Affiliate Programs
    Hosting and Domain Names
    Gambling Industry Association
    GPWA Moderation by Me and My Big Bad Security Self
    If an affiliate program is not small affiliate friendly (especially small US Affiliate), then they are NOT Affiliate Friendly!

  2. #2
    playbonuscasino1 is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    20
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    Is there any company doing such thing ? like giving cpanel on a windows server ? Never heard that. BTW if you are going to do it. It will be really successful

  3. #3
    universal4's Avatar
    universal4 is offline Forum Administrator
    Join Date
    July 2003
    Location
    Courage is being scared to death...and saddling up anyway. John Wayne
    Posts
    33,988
    Thanks
    4,540
    Thanked 9,297 Times in 5,981 Posts

    Default

    Yes, CPanel on Windows Servers will soon be released.

    It will run on Windows Server 2008, but it appears it does in fact require Active Directory.

    For me, adding web servers to AD or allowing AD users access to a web server is not in my immediate plans.

    That is actually why I am planning on taking another look at Dot Net Panel...

    It is also why I am looking for some feedback among my friends here...

    Rick
    Universal4
    Gambling World Online Roulette Online Blackjack Live Online Games Sports Betting Horse Racing
    Casino Affiliate Programs
    Hosting and Domain Names
    Gambling Industry Association
    GPWA Moderation by Me and My Big Bad Security Self
    If an affiliate program is not small affiliate friendly (especially small US Affiliate), then they are NOT Affiliate Friendly!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •