Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Pokerface's Avatar
    Pokerface is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    August 2016
    Posts
    3,163
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    689
    Thanked 1,008 Times in 747 Posts

    Default Cryptocurrency Mining Machines

    Has anyone experienced and/or tried cryptocurrency mining machines? I have heard a number of things however the best machines are expensive then there is the electricity and internet costs. Perhaps these costs are why so much is done in China.
    nousviz.com

    What's Nous?

    StatsDrone now offers Freemium plan to connect up to 30 programs - FREE!.

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pokerface For This Useful Post:

    BestBonusBets (7 November 2017), sweetbet (31 October 2017)

  3. #2
    sweetbet's Avatar
    sweetbet is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    November 2012
    Posts
    2,824
    Blog Entries
    5
    Thanks
    898
    Thanked 1,574 Times in 1,086 Posts

    Default

    I'd also love to hear from anyone who has used them, or can recommend one. It might be a worthwhile investment.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to sweetbet For This Useful Post:

    BestBonusBets (7 November 2017)

  5. #3
    WagerX's Avatar
    WagerX is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    March 2006
    Posts
    2,272
    Thanks
    78
    Thanked 92 Times in 70 Posts

    Default

    I'll raise my hand on this one. Yes, I had an ASIC miner from Butterfly Labs when they first came out. I made my money back the very first month. It made a little more after that, but the difficulty level kept rising. Within 4 months the cost of electricity was more than the benefit of mining bitcoins.
    I stopped mining after that. Most of larger manufacturers starting selling mining contracts. I didn't see the point of that.

    Anyone else here have a positive ROI from a mining contract?

  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WagerX For This Useful Post:

    BestBonusBets (7 November 2017), Betreels Casino (2 November 2017)

  7. #4
    petimi's Avatar
    petimi is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    February 2016
    Posts
    177
    Blog Entries
    8
    Thanks
    42
    Thanked 100 Times in 74 Posts

    Default

    I don't personally own one but have been doing research about this too lately.

    As far as I see your margin all comes down to how cheap you can get to electricity.
    I saw a good analysis on how a renewable (solar-powered) energy setup would make crypto mining more worthwhile and increase the speed of return on initial investment costs.
    The calculations were done for a quite large scale operation, it's an interesting read https://www.greentechmedia.com/artic...business-model

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to petimi For This Useful Post:

    BestBonusBets (7 November 2017)

  9. #5
    Progger's Avatar
    Progger is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    November 2014
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    1,420
    Thanks
    282
    Thanked 923 Times in 580 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by petimi View Post
    As far as I see your margin all comes down to how cheap you can get to electricity.
    Yes,and the another point is hardware..4x 800€ for the gpu“s...

    But the mining have a negative effect, viruses jumping arround (CoinHive Miner Trojan) and the prices for hardware are crazy.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Progger For This Useful Post:

    BestBonusBets (7 November 2017)

  11. #6
    dfiocch's Avatar
    dfiocch is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    September 2006
    Posts
    875
    Thanks
    787
    Thanked 565 Times in 348 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokerface View Post
    Has anyone experienced and/or tried cryptocurrency mining machines? I have heard a number of things however the best machines are expensive then there is the electricity and internet costs. Perhaps these costs are why so much is done in China.
    I have two mining rigs (multi GPU, 12 total) actually mining Ethereum.
    Next week I will sell all. No more profitable, I would need more efficient GPUs (difficulty is increasing exponentially plus my solar panels are at limit) and I don't want to buy new hardware.
    And I have to sell all my ETH... never sold one :P

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to dfiocch For This Useful Post:

    BestBonusBets (7 November 2017)

  13. #7
    Book of Ra pPortal's Avatar
    Book of Ra pPortal is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    September 2017
    Posts
    36
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts

    Default

    cryptocurrencies are the future. It's amazing to see how everyone seems interested now

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Book of Ra pPortal For This Useful Post:

    BestBonusBets (7 November 2017)

  15. #8
    PROFRBcom's Avatar
    PROFRBcom is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    April 2013
    Posts
    2,173
    Thanks
    1,511
    Thanked 1,243 Times in 808 Posts

    Default

    As one poster above said, it all comes down to economics, most of which comes from the amount and price of energy you'd need to run your operation. I know a guy who mined bitcoin for quite a while using his solar array. He made good money for a while but it turned into a full time job. Unknown malicious actors kept probing his networks trying to gain access and, presumably, to loot his cryptos. It became such a hassle and liability that he shut everything down rather than deal with it and become a full time mining engineer.

    Perhaps he regrets it now with the stratospheric rise in prices. Then again, perhaps not. I don't think he enjoyed the constant battle/lifestyle being a full-time miner entailed.
    https://professionalrakeback.com

    We write excellent long-form content for other webmasters, for free.
    How can we work together on a win/win deal? Be creative!

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to PROFRBcom For This Useful Post:

    BestBonusBets (7 November 2017)

  17. #9
    BestBonusBets's Avatar
    BestBonusBets is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2016
    Posts
    215
    Thanks
    3,024
    Thanked 80 Times in 58 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Book of Ra pPortal View Post
    cryptocurrencies are the future. It's amazing to see how everyone seems interested now

    haha this was my EXACT thoughts as well. Seeing it more and more now. Feels like its becoming mainstream

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •