Results 1 to 4 of 4
  1. #1
    Kazino is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    June 2015
    Posts
    42
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 15 Times in 11 Posts

    Default Deckmedia ... Transition to the new system

    I hope these changes will not affect us in a negative sense as has happened in other cases.

    What do you think about that, guys?

  2. #2
    universal4's Avatar
    universal4 is offline Forum Administrator
    Join Date
    July 2003
    Location
    Courage is being scared to death...and saddling up anyway. John Wayne
    Posts
    34,012
    Thanks
    4,546
    Thanked 9,305 Times in 5,988 Posts

    Default

    The way I understand it,
    The new system will only track new data from October 1st, so we kindly ask you to export any old reports that you wish to keep. Please do this before 00.01am October 4th when the old system is cut off
    Which I understand to mean, if you do not have the time to invest into getting your data and archiving it in a format you will able to access, the data will be gone forever....

    I will try and scramble to set aside the time to get this data, but I am a little more than disturbed that we have been given less than 96 hours to retrieve the data.

    Rick
    Universal4

    Edited to add: I have always liked Deckmedia a lot and I do feel their stats are accurate, they pay well etc. I think they dropped the ball here on warning us far in advance of this change so we could have gotten most historical data....say last month...

    Unless they just decided they were gonna do this the last few days....(I'm sure that is NOT the case...they just decided not to tell us until the last few days before the change)

  3. #3
    TheGooner's Avatar
    TheGooner is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    4,566
    Thanks
    2,092
    Thanked 4,537 Times in 2,177 Posts

    Default

    To be fair - Deckmedia don't actually have much data in their old affiliate system.


    Hopefully the new affiliate system will have a few more standard affiliate reporting tools.

  4. #4
    universal4's Avatar
    universal4 is offline Forum Administrator
    Join Date
    July 2003
    Location
    Courage is being scared to death...and saddling up anyway. John Wayne
    Posts
    34,012
    Thanks
    4,546
    Thanked 9,305 Times in 5,988 Posts

    Default

    To clarify my statement of why historical data is so important to me....

    The ever important CAMPAIGN data will likely be lost for me...

    Every single click I have ever sent them has had a campaign attached to it.

    The plus is that old links will continue to work, so that is a good thing for those that do not get links changed quickly.

    Rick
    Universal4

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •