Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Lloyd is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Israel, Western Galilee
    Posts
    298
    Thanks
    41
    Thanked 21 Times in 8 Posts

    Post CAC Montreal - A big opportunity for the Canadian market?

    Hi Everyone,

    I'd like to ask you all - who's planning on going to CAC Montreal August 27-28, 2007?

    Canada is a great market for us, our second biggest market in fact and we are considering attending and exhibiting.

    Also, it would be my first trip to Canada - which is another big plus

    Looking forward to hearing from you all.

    Cheers, Lloyd

  2. #2
    pgaming's Avatar
    pgaming is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    July 2005
    Posts
    2,854
    Thanks
    414
    Thanked 215 Times in 164 Posts

    Thumbs up Lloyd

    Hey Lloyd,

    This is one event I will definitely be attending after the annual hacker con event in Vegas.

    A well rounded unbiased and liberal approach would best suite me.

    See ya there!

    Greek39

  3. #3
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Lloyd is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Israel, Western Galilee
    Posts
    298
    Thanks
    41
    Thanked 21 Times in 8 Posts

    Smile Greek39

    Hey Greek39,

    Will be great to see you there buddy!

    What do you mean by your comments? You think this CAC will be very different/better than the Vegas CAC 06? How come?

    Cheers, Lloyd

  4. #4
    pgaming's Avatar
    pgaming is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    July 2005
    Posts
    2,854
    Thanks
    414
    Thanked 215 Times in 164 Posts

    Thumbs up

    Honestly Lloyd? My personal view of these events is not good. I think this event will be the same as all the others amongst other things I am not willing to discuss. So what other choice do I have but to attend? Perhaps this is my point.

    Myself and two other colleagues will be attending strictly for business and marketing. But I am hoping some of the GPWA, CAP, and let’s not forget IgamI members plan on attending. This would make the event unbiased and liberal.

    Get the right people together and this event will be the best ever!

    BTW: Lloyd you are bang on in regards to Canada being a good market.

    greek39

  5. #5
    casinoranking's Avatar
    casinoranking is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    July 2002
    Posts
    1,330
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 44 Times in 29 Posts

    Default

    Can you both quiet down about this being a good market I dont need additional competition.

    Lloyd I would love to show you around western Canada. You should consider stopping by Vancouver for a few days. I would love to drive you to Whistler, or a couple of hours east of there so that you can see the mountains. Kevin also lives in that area.

    I think I will be attending CAC since it's only a 5 hour flight for me but not sure yet.
    Read about how I made millions from affiliate programs at: http://www.dotaffiliate.com
    Offers rankings of poker hands: http://www.pokerhands.net
    Website for Canadians: http://www.onlinecasinocanada.com

  6. #6
    rob3786 is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    February 2007
    Location
    London
    Posts
    373
    Thanks
    43
    Thanked 17 Times in 12 Posts

    Default

    Montreal is to far for me although I would love to go if nearer. I will be going to CAP Barcelona this is the one event I will not be missing.
    Jackpot Avenue- www.jackpotavenue.com

  7. #7
    matted's Avatar
    matted is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    June 2004
    Location
    Durham, NC
    Posts
    2,685
    Thanks
    118
    Thanked 328 Times in 222 Posts

    Default

    I am planning on attending, but will not be a cheap trip. Hoping airfare goes down - It is only about 4 hours in the air from my location, but almost $500. The conference hotel is almost $200/night (CAD$199/night + taxes). I'm not as familiar with Montreal as I am Las Vegas.

    My usual CAC pass sponsor isn't around anymore (the sports market is really dead) - so that is another concern!

    We can debate the value of CAC and other industry conferences. But I find the interaction extremely useful. With affiliates and affiliate managers. And it is the aff managers (like LLoyd, and others) who are there to build relationships and not simply sell their product or signup affiliates which make the trip worth the money. I credit most of my success to my trip to CAC Las Vegas in 2004. I got lots of tips and built some great relationships. The GPWA folks pretty much stuck together - I remember sitting around a table in a Luxor bar for hours talking about the industry or anything else.
    Owner, Cognitive Powers, Inc.
    Soon to be ex-webmaster
    Facebook, Twitter, and Linked In

  8. #8
    WinYourWayKyle is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    February 2005
    Location
    Burlington, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    578
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 42 Times in 37 Posts

    Default

    I live in Ontario, and will be driving down for CAC in Montreal... It is truly a great city, and in similar to Toronto, where I am from. I look forward to seeing all of you down there, and as this will be my first CAC event, I am really looking forward to it.

    Hope to see you all there, and if there is anyone in the 23-25 age range, I would love to go out to the clubs with you, please PM me and let me know.

  9. #9
    matted's Avatar
    matted is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    June 2004
    Location
    Durham, NC
    Posts
    2,685
    Thanks
    118
    Thanked 328 Times in 222 Posts

    Default

    Clubs? You have no clue about the parties around CAC. You can count oon at least 2 nights, if not 3. Not a whole lot of dancing/grinding going on, but usually a lot of liquor! I'm a wallflower and love watching the night unfold!
    Owner, Cognitive Powers, Inc.
    Soon to be ex-webmaster
    Facebook, Twitter, and Linked In

  10. #10
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Lloyd is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Israel, Western Galilee
    Posts
    298
    Thanks
    41
    Thanked 21 Times in 8 Posts

    Default

    Hi Guys,

    Matted, greek39 will be great to see you both and swap notes! ProducerK - will be great to meet you. Casinoranking - won't use your real name, just incase so the Canadian market actually sucks - too many bonus abusers. Will be awesome to do some hiking together with you and Kevin - let's be in touch by email.

    So, basically mixed comments, all round...

    Any other comments/suggestions will be great!

    Cheers, Lloyd

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •