-
1 February 2025, 1:45 pm
#1
Do commissions usually math this badly?
Not going to call out this casino at this point, so won't name them. I've found it easier to get conversions over others so want to continue to promote them, I'm just having a hard time accepting their math. It may be the norm in the industry, I'm not sure(I've been doing this awhile, still want a second opinion if I should cause a fuss or not).
Program commision 40% rev share
Last month stats:
Deposit sum: $7,454
Cashout sum: $1,657
Casino NGR: $3,799
Even ignoring the $2k difference between the deposits - cashouts and the NGR, if I were to do the math of 40% of the NGR, $3,799(which already factors in cashout sum), that would put commision at $1,519.
The thing is, the pending pending commision total is now posted, at $1,137. So even accepting that NGR as is (if just subtracting withdrawals from deposits, 40% of that would be $2.2k, so really, effectively $1,137 is 20% of losses, I know they factor in other costs for NGR, and rev share has to account for that, but still).
Just seems a little low, figured it'd be a flat $1,500, being $1.1k I feel a bit shorted.
Does this sound pretty normal? I know no affiliate program is perfect, and the effective commision percentage is never quite what is expected once other costs is factored out. But is sure feels like they made $5k and I'm getting 20%. But if it's normal, then I guess it's just how it goes. I'm scaling things up and planning on sending them a lot more players, but I'm not sure if they're giving me a fair cut on this. But thinking back, on other programs I've been disappointed how the math mathed as well, though I a lot of times just wait for payments and don't check the numbers myself so idk for sure, so maybe it's just normal.
-
-
1 February 2025, 4:03 pm
#2
well... they deduct admin fee's some times up to and over 30% so always ask what the admin free's and any other deductions are.
Usually you see:
Deposit 1000,
player Loses 1000
- 30% admin Fee leaves 700.
40% revshare = 280.
Usually there are bank fee's on the deposit as well FYI...
in the end you make less than 30%
AFC MEDIA LLC COMPLETE GAMING AFFILIATE SOLUTION
Statsfetch.com secure / powerful inexpensive stats fetch system - Free for 20 provers always
Allmediamatter Interface for casino owners/managers to add their affiliates and brands to feed ezcasinoaff
Allfreechips - My 24 year old SEO casino site
-
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to allfreechips For This Useful Post:
content (1 February 2025), TheGooner (1 February 2025), universal4 (1 February 2025)
-
1 February 2025, 5:03 pm
#3
Generally you can work out the calculation by using the monthly reports to the exact cent.
If you posted the report - then I'm sure we could too.
You're right .. NGR is not deposits - withdrawals .. it never could be.
However, some programs do pay out that way which is interesting.
Possible Deductions from GGR :
- Sportsbook bonuses, Casino free chips, Poker bonuses
- Processing costs (credit card fees at around 8%)
Then there are other fees :
- Marketing fees (1-2%)
- Deductions (vary)
- Chargebacks (vary)
Normally these amounts are displayed and listed in reports (although explanation is light).
As an example - at one group this month I had :
- Deposits $22510
- Withdrawals $9623
So you might think around net inflow of cash of $13K which might be Gross Revs ? Not so fast grasshopper ... 
- Sportsbook Gross $4306
- Casino Gross $2723
- Poker Gross $1074
That makes around $8103 Gross Winnings - the other must be sitting in player accounts (not unreasonable)
But from that gross out comes :
- $2331 processing cost
- $30 sportsbook bonuses
- $5 deductions
- $246 marketing fee
- $821 "cash rewards"
That's $3433 deductions
$8103 gross less $3433 deductions means $4670 NGR which is exactly what my report says.
---------------
I assume that you are getting a report with more than 3 numbers, and possibly getting player reports too which would give further insight.
Do the detailed math, or post the report, and you'll get better insight.
----------------
TLDR?
As AllFreeChips says above - 40% NGR is often around 20-30% GGR ...
In my case it was about 18% due to the cash rewards (which must be some other sort of bonus)
-
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheGooner For This Useful Post:
content (3 February 2025), universal4 (1 February 2025)
-
3 February 2025, 12:25 am
#4
I appreciate the advanced explanations.
And actually, this affiliate programs analytics are extremely simplistic, I can not even view individual player stats(I've clicked around, there really isn't any other options, it's the same backend software another program I'm on uses which does show player stats on that one, but this one just doesn't have that viewable). Just clicks, registrations, ftd, deposit sum, cashout sum. Then it just tells me my pending payment at the beginning of each month after the previous month period is over. Most other programs I'm on have much more specific details.
Anyway, sounds like it's pretty normal, so not gonna worry about it, I just wish it was higher. I know once a long time ago weirdly the commisionkings network (not what this site is) had a payout that was way better than my calculation which was a pleasant surprise, but I' guessing there was more to the numbers I didn't see, though most of the time recently I haven't look that closely. Was just making super sure as I recently started some new promotions I've been putting a lot of work into and was happy with conversions(conversion rate actually much higher than it appears if you factor out robot traffic, it doesn't show advanced click analytics on their dashboard either, not even country info for sign ups or anything, but some days I see a bunch of visits without sign ups so can figure by that) compared to other casinos with the same traffic and have been putting a lot of work into it but was like dang are they shorting me - and was thinking of switching over to send traffic elsewhere, but sounds like it's not out of the ordinary, and they've always paid on time. I will look back, I'm guessing they've always calculated it similarly, wasn't really checking as close before as usually was less, started getting more sign ups recently so wanted to make sure before putting in a lot more work to promote this site that they weren't screwing me.

Anyway, I appreciate you sharing your numbers, I really underestimated typical deductions, makes me feel more at ease it seems in the normal range.
Edit: I see now my first post the numbers were different
Either I was using a different time range or the numbers changed, or the value is in crypto deposited and the crypto values changed.
Now I'm confused.
I copied down the numbers exactly as they were when I first made the post
Edit 2: The default in-game currencies on the site are crypto, not dollars or euros(they don't convert the players balance on deposit, they bets are in denominations of crypto, like fractions of bitcoin and stuff, other casinos convert on deposit), I do believe the stats may actually be based in BTC value, and since BTC is down to $94K, thats why my stat numbers in USDT changed, I guess, though kind of annoying they don't convert if that is how it works
Last edited by content; 3 February 2025 at 12:33 am.
-
-
3 February 2025, 1:46 am
#5
It sounds like you do have a valid reason to question the math. Broken math in commission programs is actually not uncommon in the industry, and many affiliates face the same issues. ��
According to your math, you would expect to receive more, and if you are confident in your math, you should consider raising the issue.
-
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules