View Poll Results: Do you approve of High Roller Microgaming Terms?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes it's fine

    3 11.11%
  • No, what are they thinking?

    10 37.04%
  • It's ok if it is reasonable, ie: 10k+

    7 25.93%
  • No! I think they should lower it to 3k!

    1 3.70%
  • I will not use a microgaming that does this!

    6 22.22%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 29 of 29
  1. #21
    mojo's Avatar
    mojo is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2005
    Posts
    4,985
    Thanks
    1,933
    Thanked 1,885 Times in 1,223 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KasinoKing View Post
    I've read this 3 times - but I still don't see how the casino is getting a "DOUBLE BANG"
    (Please correct me if I'm wrong!)

    If they didn't have the quarantine system, in April your commission would be zero anyway if one player won $10K and all the others lost $10K.
    Then if he played it back in May you would get commission from him + nett commission from all other losing players.

    So all you lose with the Quarantine system is the High Rollers May commission.


    Of course affiliates don't like that, but it is really fair when you think about it.
    I would certainly much prefer that to Negative Carry-Over; Last month one of my players had a VERY big win at ClubWorld, which means I probably wont see another cent of commission from them for well over a year...
    (Last time someone won just 1/3 of the amount I didn't get a bean for 6-months).

    KK
    This is where it gets complicated. Thanks for asking KK.

    Under normal circumstances, at a micro that does not have this term, your winner cancels out your earnings from other players. That's all ok. You earn nothing. Then the next month goes on as normal and a clean slate.

    With the HR term, it is the same as above EXCEPT that the negitive carrys over. You still loose your April earnings from your other players.

    Example..

    April
    5 players earn you 2K
    1 player hits 10K

    You lose all earnings under the HR rule in April. Sounds normal. Then in May your 10K player plays it all back. You are even on THAT player but you have still lost the 2K from your other players in April. Why is that? Why is your HR back to even but you have still lost out your April earnings from other players. Who gets that money (2K)?

    KK, if they want to quarentine the 10K player then they should pay you the 2K your other players earned you in April under the HR term.
    Last edited by mojo; 4 June 2009 at 2:30 pm.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to mojo For This Useful Post:

    Engineer (4 June 2009)

  3. #22
    mojo's Avatar
    mojo is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2005
    Posts
    4,985
    Thanks
    1,933
    Thanked 1,885 Times in 1,223 Posts

    Default

    So all you lose with the Quarantine system is the High Rollers May commission.
    Unfortunatly that is not true. I think the confusion here is that we are under the impression that we earn from other players the month the win occurs in. That is not the case.
    You lose everything that your other players earned you that first month.

    I only know this because it happened to me at Playshare.

    In Jan my player hit over 50k. They enacted the HR term. Ok. I waited for my commission from other players in Jan. When I did not recieve it I wrote PS and asked where it was and was told in no uncertian terms that under the HR term I receive no earnings from any players in Jan.

    It is only going forward.

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mojo For This Useful Post:

    Engineer (4 June 2009), GCG (7 July 2009)

  5. #23
    Engineer's Avatar
    Engineer is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2007
    Posts
    524
    Thanks
    488
    Thanked 437 Times in 211 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KasinoKing View Post
    Of course affiliates don't like that, but it is really fair when you think about it.
    The problem I have is that affiliates did not agree to this when they signed up years ago. If, when we signed up, the T&Cs said "lifetime earnings" and "no negative carryover," then that is what we need to receive for the life of those players. Anything less is a predatory breach of contract.

    They can set up an unattractive high roller clause if they want, but they need to apply it only to players referred after the new T&Cs were implemented.

  6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Engineer For This Useful Post:

    GCG (7 July 2009), KasinoKing (6 June 2009), kwblue (5 June 2009), mojo (4 June 2009)

  7. #24
    mojo's Avatar
    mojo is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2005
    Posts
    4,985
    Thanks
    1,933
    Thanked 1,885 Times in 1,223 Posts

    Default

    Also the existing casinos that impose this need to adjust the terms so the quarentine takes effect the month the hit occurs in. If they must use it at all.

    Otherwise, it's crappy for unsuspecting new affiliates. They don't earn from other players that month so it isn't doing them any favors. Even the name is misleading. You don't need to have a High Roller to have this happen to you. Anyone can put 20 bucks in and get themselves a big hit.

    I'm going to stick to casinos that don't impose this complicated and unsavory negitive carryover.

  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mojo For This Useful Post:

    Engineer (4 June 2009), kwblue (5 June 2009)

  9. #25
    GCG
    GCG is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    February 2009
    Location
    Not here
    Posts
    1,293
    Thanks
    306
    Thanked 777 Times in 430 Posts

    Default

    I think I have my first player in quarantine : player missing

    I hope he will come back

  10. #26
    mojo's Avatar
    mojo is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2005
    Posts
    4,985
    Thanks
    1,933
    Thanked 1,885 Times in 1,223 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GCG View Post
    I think I have my first player in quarantine : player missing

    I hope he will come back
    With Playshare you lose all of your earnings the month the win occurs. Then it is quarentined after. I know that from experience.

    I don't know for sure at SP. Star Partner said they do not do this:

    Originally Posted by ConradH When a player has a big win, you earn in that same month for the rest of your
    players. Before this was introduced affiliates getting zero.
    I hope it works that way, please let us know.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to mojo For This Useful Post:

    kwblue (7 July 2009)

  12. #27
    kwblue's Avatar
    kwblue is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    August 2005
    Posts
    923
    Thanks
    432
    Thanked 702 Times in 283 Posts

    Default

    Stealing the first month's commissions from other players is not acceptable and we will be creating a discussion about the recent program changes soon. I'll keep everyone informed.

  13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kwblue For This Useful Post:

    Dominique (7 July 2009), Engineer (7 July 2009), mojo (7 July 2009)

  14. #28
    abscident's Avatar
    abscident is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    46
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts

    Default

    I think this term is totally unacceptable.

    If it is applied for players who signed up before the term introduction, it is a real abuse and a breach of the contract terms.

    Even if it is not applied retroactively, I think it's a very tricky and misleading term and I would never trust and affiliate program who does this.

    If they are afraid of paying affiliates who brought high winning players, they should use NEGATIVE CARRY OVER so that all affiliates would stay away from them.

    But they don't do this, because they know affiliates will not promote them if they have negative carry over.

    I think many affiliates don't read the full terms when they sign up at a program, and look only for the important things, like no negative carry over. If I see a program has no negative carry over, I consider it good, and I don't check each line of the terms to see if there are exceptions to the rule.

    Basically, they can trick an affiliate to promote them saying they have no negative carry over, when they have some sort of carry over.

    This kind of practices are very dishonest, and if I would find that an affiliate program has such term I would stop promoting it right away.
    Shark Poker - A poker portal
    Bookmakers Rankings - Best online sportsbooks
    Affiliate Program Ratings - Best affiliate programs
    Casinos Online Real Money - Online casinos for real money

  15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to abscident For This Useful Post:

    mojo (18 August 2009), Nandakishore (20 August 2009)

  16. #29
    Nandakishore's Avatar
    Nandakishore is offline In Memorium, 1935-2014
    Join Date
    December 2006
    Location
    In Germany near Munich
    Posts
    2,104
    Blog Entries
    5
    Thanks
    931
    Thanked 496 Times in 367 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by abscident View Post
    If they are afraid of paying affiliates who brought high winning players, they should use NEGATIVE CARRY OVER so that all affiliates would stay away from them.

    But they don't do this, because they know affiliates will not promote them if they have negative carry over.
    A very good point! The High Roller term really seems to bring in NEGATIVE CARRY OVER through the backdoor. As far as I know, some programs offer No Negative Carry Over at a slightly reduced commission rate. I find this option more honest than the other tricks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •