View Poll Results: Do you promote sites that offer binary options?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • I currently promote binary option sites.

2 13.33%
  • I don't currently promote binary option sites but I plan to do so in the future.

2 13.33%
  • I don't currently promote binary option sites but I'd consider doing so in the future.

3 20.00%
  • I have no interest in promoting binary option sites.

7 46.67%
  • I'm not sure.

1 6.67%
    MichaelCorfman is offline GPWA Executive Director
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,738 Times in 1,829 Posts

Question Do you promote sites that offer binary options?

Being a geek of sorts myself, during setup day at the recent Barcelona affiliate conference, I proudly wore a shirt with the saying "There are only 10 types of people in the world: those that understand binary and those that don't." It ended up that this was funnier than I thought because there were three different software vendors and affiliate programs at the conference focused on binary options.

For those of you that are not familiar with binary options, they allow bets to be placed on very short term price changes in things like foreign exchange rates, commodity futures, and other types of economic events. They can have a strong gambling flavor to them, and they are legal in the United States. Because they avoid payment processing issues in the United States, some folks view they represent a very interesting market, and one with a lot of growth potential. You can see the Wikipedia article on Binary Options here: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Binary_option.

So, for this week's question I'd like to find out what affiliates here think about the binary option marketplace. And if it's a marketplace you already promote, plan to promote, or plan to avoid.

Michael
    Last edited by MichaelCorfman; 28 September 2011 at 5:26 pm.

davemerry is offline Public Member
    Thanks

I remember talking very fondly of them at LAC, since then it has always been in my plans to at least experiment, but not a priority.

Be interesting to see what affiliates who have done more research into the marketplace think...

lots0 is offline Former Public Member
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

A lot of bad main stream press about them.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/investor...inary-options/

I posted this link as the author of the article equates "poker player types" as people that buy Binary Options.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to lots0 For This Useful Post:

davemerry (30 September 2011)

BrightonBeau is offline New Member
    Thanks

Michael, check out my site You will find the tag re: '10 kinds of people in the world' with a twist.
    Also binary options are not necessarily short-term although the majority of Mickey Mouse platforms are because the providers know sfa about options risk management.
    Some of these platforms are plain bent. Check out the T&Cs of Anyoptions.com. They state that the final price does NOT have to be related to the current marketplace! You say binary options are legal in the US; can you actually name a US binary platfrom that is owned and operated from within the US?
    I am raising cash right now for a platform that will offer at least ten different kinds of bets (not just Calls & Puts) which will all be risk managed so that the punter receives prices driven by the book just like a bookmaker does. This in effect means it would be quite feasible for 100% returns on a Call or Put. Pricing would not just be in percentage return format but in UK (fractional), US, Chinese, Malaysian, Indonesian, Continental, Binary (0-100) formats, client chooses. The company will be registered, probably by one of Malta, Gib, Alderney or IOM, and final prices will be transparent.
    Tootlepip!

ocreditor is offline Private Member
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,821 Times in 2,398 Posts

Default Following Forex

My guess is that Binary Options will follow in the footsteps of Forex. Remember when there were a couple guys at the back of the room at the conferences of yore? They're now a legit, sizable business. so will Binary Options (BO?) be.

BrightonBeau is offline New Member
    Thanks

ocreditor, I agree that binary options will become a legit business; as to sizeable, the numbers that I've heard being bandied about as to the current platforms would suggest they are already sizeable businesses.

But as ever, regulation comes to the fore. FX is a margined product and requires a much higher degree of regulation since in effect the client is always trading on borrowed money. On the other hand BO are limited risk (hence their main appeal to provider AND customer) and thus require less regulation.

In effect BO's limited risk characteristic equates the binary platforms to financial fixed odds bookmakers so that a gambling license is the appropriate regulation; anything more is overkill.

ocreditor is offline Private Member
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,821 Times in 2,398 Posts

Fair analysis. How and when this all takes place? Will see