I encounter a few websites that ask for donations for posting your site.
Do you do it for SEO?
I encounter a few websites that ask for donations for posting your site.
Do you do it for SEO?
Greed
There is no logical reason to call a sale a donation.
Most likely anyone that starts out with such a thing, will VERY quickly get spammed with spammy content, and if they decline some posts, those that made the donations (paid for a link) may well also have trouble getting their funds back, possibly pay fees etc on the funds exchanges.
To sell links/guest posts and call them a donation is a falsehood to start with. A requirement to pay is not a donation.
Rick
Universal4
I'm assuming they mean things like this: httpx://opencollective.com/swiper
As in getting a link by donating to a project
onlinegamblingwebsites.com - Formally known as goodbonusguide.
Gambling Domains: Small clear out of some of the domains we've been hoarding - see the spreadsheet here.
I personally don't do that and I wouldn't recommend anyone to do that either. There is a way better option to put your money to good use if you want to buy backlinks - find websites with decent traffic that are related to your niche, put together a post covering a relevant topic (at least relatively) in-depth and get it published for a fee.
It is a one-off payment and given you have done your research well enough - you get a proper backlink on a website related to your niche, language and region. This would hold way more value than those donation links, which are mostly irrelevant to gaming and you usually have to pay for them on a regular basis.
chaumi (7 March 2022), gm2891 (6 March 2022), universal4 (6 March 2022)
Would be nice donation links but needs to be for a purpose i think or else no one would donate
One thing I probably missed to say, if you are looking to make a donation because you genuinely want to support whatever project you are supporting - then, of course, a backlink if just a good addition to that.