View Poll Results: Do you specify a site name for your sites?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I have already specified a site name for my main site.

    5 55.56%
  • No, I have not specified a site name for my main site, but plan to do so this year.

    4 44.44%
  • No, I have not spedified a site name for my mail site, but will do so eventually.

    0 0%
  • No, I have not specified a site name for my main site, and am not sure I will bother.

    0 0%
  • Other (please specify in a post).

    0 0%
Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    MichaelCorfman's Avatar
    MichaelCorfman is offline GPWA Executive Director
    Join Date
    June 2004
    Location
    Newton, MA
    Posts
    4,707
    Thanks
    1,089
    Thanked 6,374 Times in 2,045 Posts

    Question Do you specify a site name for your sites?

    Last month Google announced it was introducing site names on mobile search results to make it easier to identify the website associated with each search result. You can see the announcement here:

    Google Search Central Blog: Introducing site names on Google Search

    You can use structured data on the home page of your site to let Google know the name you would like it to use. Documentation on how to do that is available here:

    Google Search Central: Provide a site name to Google Search

    In the announcement, Google also recommends revisiting the documentation for favicons, and that webmasters follow the current best practices.

    Google Search Central: Define a favicon to show in search results

    For this week's poll I ask if you currently indicate a site name on your home page or if you plan to do so. Besides voting in the poll, also post if you have a favicon specified for your site that meets the current standards, and is linked to from your home page or not.

    Michael
    GPWA Executive Director, Casino City CEO, Friend to the Village Idiot
    Resources for Affiliates: iGamingDirectory.com, iGamingAffiliatePrograms.com, GamingMeets.com

  2. #2
    TheGooner's Avatar
    TheGooner is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    4,566
    Thanks
    2,092
    Thanked 4,537 Times in 2,177 Posts

  3. #3
    newcustomeroffer is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    January 2018
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,371
    Thanks
    238
    Thanked 607 Times in 477 Posts

    Default

    For those who have applied this to their sites, it's now been added at the subdomain level too as per this tweet.
    For the latest bookmaker new customer offers visit https://www.newcustomeroffer.co.uk/

  4. #4
    NoDepositCasinos's Avatar
    NoDepositCasinos is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    November 2022
    Location
    Colombia
    Posts
    1,248
    Thanks
    364
    Thanked 488 Times in 402 Posts

    Default

    No, I haven't done it yet, but I plan to do it soon.
    casinobonusnewsletter.com - AMs contact me for deals

    revenueoptimization.io - DM me if you want to be featured in our blog

  5. #5
    onlinebetdotcom's Avatar
    onlinebetdotcom is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    May 2023
    Location
    Bogota
    Posts
    310
    Thanks
    164
    Thanked 62 Times in 56 Posts

    Default

    That reminds me I have to finish my favicons.

    Will make these updates and see how to do inside of Wordpress

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •