View Poll Results: Do you use two-factor authentication for your affiliate accounts?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes — I use 2FA on all of my affiliate accounts that support it.

    7 77.78%
  • Yes — I use 2FA on some of my affiliate accounts.

    1 11.11%
  • No — I don’t use 2FA now, but I plan to start soon.

    0 0%
  • No — I don’t use 2FA now, and it’s not a current priority.

    0 0%
  • No — I don’t use 2FA now, and I don’t intend to.

    0 0%
  • Other (please share in a post).

    1 11.11%
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    MichaelCorfman's Avatar
    MichaelCorfman is offline GPWA Executive Director
    Join Date
    June 2004
    Location
    Newton, MA
    Posts
    4,707
    Thanks
    1,089
    Thanked 6,374 Times in 2,045 Posts

    Question Do you use two-factor authentication for your affiliate accounts?

    A couple months ago a few of our affiliate accounts were hacked. Fortunately, we didn’t lose any money, but the incidents were a reminder of how important account security really is. In response, we enabled two-factor authentication (2FA) wherever it was supported.

    That experience made me wonder how common 2FA use is among affiliates — and how widely affiliate program software actually supports it. Some programs now offer 2FA options, while many others still don’t. I’m curious how many of you use 2FA on your affiliate accounts and how well it works in practice.

    In addition to voting in the poll, please share your experiences and thoughts in a post. For example:

    • Have you ever had one of your accounts compromised, or know someone who has?
    • How many of your affiliate accounts currently support 2FA?
    • How often do you enable 2FA it when it’s available?
    • Especially for larger affiliates, how do you handle 2FA when more than one person needs access to the same accounts?
    • Are there particular affiliate programs that do a good (or bad) job supporting 2FA?

    To give a sense of our own setup, about 60% of the affiliate programs we work with currently support 2FA, and we have around 100 affiliate accounts secured through an authenticator app. In some cases, the QR codes used to set up the authenticator have been shared among staff members so that multiple people can access the same accounts when needed. And, in terms of the poll, I couple months ago I would have had to say "No — I don’t use 2FA now, and it’s not a current priority," although probably feeling a little sheepish about that response. But today I can say "Yes — I use 2FA on all of my affiliate accounts that support it."

    Michael
    GPWA Executive Director, Casino City CEO, Friend to the Village Idiot
    Resources for Affiliates: iGamingDirectory.com, iGamingAffiliatePrograms.com, GamingMeets.com

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to MichaelCorfman For This Useful Post:

    GPWA Nicole (17 October 2025)

  3. #2
    allfreechips's Avatar
    allfreechips is online now Private Member
    Join Date
    August 2010
    Location
    Ohio - The taxing state
    Posts
    1,633
    Thanks
    221
    Thanked 831 Times in 525 Posts

    Default

    Yes most that offer require for payment and any time you can use 2FA you should, look back on this site for when I lost allfreechips to a person that got access to my email account in 2012 ish
    AFC MEDIA LLC COMPLETE GAMING AFFILIATE SOLUTION
    Statsfetch.com
    secure / powerful inexpensive stats fetch system - Free for 20 provers always
    Allmediamatter
    Interface for casino owners/managers to add their affiliates and brands to feed ezcasinoaff
    Allfreechips -
    My 24 year old SEO casino site

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to allfreechips For This Useful Post:

    GPWA Nicole (17 October 2025)

  5. #3
    idanbraun is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    September 2020
    Posts
    184
    Thanks
    56
    Thanked 24 Times in 23 Posts

    Default

    I only use two-step verification if it is required, otherwise I prefer not to use this method.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to idanbraun For This Useful Post:

    GPWA Nicole (17 October 2025)

  7. #4
    eenzoo's Avatar
    eenzoo is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    November 2014
    Location
    Bella Italia
    Posts
    1,906
    Thanks
    614
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 769 Posts

    Default

    Not only for affiliate accounts. I do use it for very every fu**** account login which provides a 2FA option.
    In Germany we have a proverb (bet it can be localized in probably every language around):
    Vorsicht ist die Mutter der Porzellankiste

  8. #5
    Theratman is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    December 2016
    Location
    South Africa & EU
    Posts
    177
    Thanks
    150
    Thanked 52 Times in 43 Posts

    Default

    I use 2FA on affiliate accounts where required, and pretty much on all my personal stuff. Most of the sites I deal with require an invoice to be sent, and if any banking changes etc are made (even on the backend) then they'll contact me directly for confirmation. Don't get me wrong, 2FA is great, but I loathe loading up the Auth app and scrolling through scores of codes to login to a website, which I do everyday to track stats.

    I've never had an account compromised fortunately.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Theratman For This Useful Post:

    GPWA Nicole (17 October 2025)

  10. #6
    newcustomeroffer is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    January 2018
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,370
    Thanks
    237
    Thanked 607 Times in 477 Posts

    Default

    Yes, as others have said it's pretty standard now for many types of account in everyday life so I use it wherever possible.
    For the latest bookmaker new customer offers visit https://www.newcustomeroffer.co.uk/

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to newcustomeroffer For This Useful Post:

    GPWA Nicole (17 October 2025)

  12. #7
    NoDepositCasinos's Avatar
    NoDepositCasinos is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    November 2022
    Location
    Colombia
    Posts
    1,247
    Thanks
    364
    Thanked 488 Times in 402 Posts

    Default

    Yes, I use two-factor authentication whenever possible. I thought it was an inconvenience until a couple of years ago, when a friend of mine was hacked and someone stole money from her and some of her acquaintances.
    casinobonusnewsletter.com - AMs contact me for deals

    revenueoptimization.io - DM me if you want to be featured in our blog

  13. #8
    Pokerface's Avatar
    Pokerface is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    August 2016
    Posts
    3,166
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    691
    Thanked 1,008 Times in 747 Posts

    Default

    Yes, will use 2FA on our accounts and when needed will use API to get data where possible. API is safe and secure that provide just the data we need.
    nousviz.com

    What's Nous?

    StatsDrone now offers Freemium plan to connect up to 30 programs - FREE!.

  14. #9
    CasinosBroker's Avatar
    CasinosBroker is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    July 2021
    Location
    Romania
    Posts
    585
    Thanks
    96
    Thanked 123 Times in 112 Posts

    Default

    Yes. I believe it's a must.. to have an extra layer of protection.
    Looking to buy or sell iGaming sites?
    Get in touch today!
    www.CasinosBroker.com
    WhatsApp: +40-757-953-988

  15. #10
    DanHorvat's Avatar
    DanHorvat is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    November 2008
    Location
    Actual location may vary.
    Posts
    1,994
    Blog Entries
    3
    Thanks
    1,418
    Thanked 1,319 Times in 783 Posts

    Default

    Just a nuisance if your team is larger than one.
    Professional bizdev can help you, the affiliate, to negotiate better terms with casinos. PM for details and a free evaluation of what I can do for you. All geos.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •