View Poll Results: Do you work weekends?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Always - I never take the weekend off or take it off only in special circumstances.

    16 44.44%
  • Frequently - I work more weekends than I take off, but do not work every weekend.

    12 33.33%
  • Occassionally - I work fewer weekends than I take off, but do work some weekends.

    8 22.22%
  • Never - I do not work on weekends.

    0 0%
Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    ck8795 is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,005
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 5 Times in 3 Posts

    Default Do you work weekends?

    Seen a really great tip from greek about taking weekends off and wonder how many here work on thier sites constantly through the week or if you give it a rest come Friday.


    Darn ment to attach a poll but anyway lol

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to ck8795 For This Useful Post:

    Former Member 14 (8 November 2007)

  3. #2
    CityGuard's Avatar
    CityGuard is offline Former GPWA Program Manager
    Join Date
    July 2006
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    3,774
    Thanks
    442
    Thanked 673 Times in 393 Posts

    Default Do you work weekends?

    Added poll.
    I have left the industry and earned a law degree at Indiana University Bloomington, Maurer School of Law. Here are ways to stay in touch with me:
    > Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/StevenCorfman
    > LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/stevencorfman/
    > Skype: StevenCorfman
    > Phone: +1 617 785 9324

    Inquiries intended for an administrator or staff member can be directed to Anthony Telesca through the forum (username Anthony) or to the general contact address manager AT gpwa DOT org.

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CityGuard For This Useful Post:

    Former Member 14 (8 November 2007)

  5. #3
    Ziggy is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2005
    Posts
    944
    Thanks
    102
    Thanked 27 Times in 26 Posts

    Default

    I put as much time into web design work as possible. I do sleep though

  6. #4
    mojo's Avatar
    mojo is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2005
    Posts
    4,985
    Thanks
    1,933
    Thanked 1,885 Times in 1,223 Posts

    Default

    I work at another job during the week so I am always working weekends. Sometimes it's a drag, alot of folks are off so I have to wait until Monday to hear back alot of times.

    The GPWA is quieter too, maybe everyones out enjoying...


  7. #5
    matted's Avatar
    matted is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    June 2004
    Location
    Durham, NC
    Posts
    2,685
    Thanks
    118
    Thanked 328 Times in 222 Posts

    Default

    GPWA is dead most weekends... so I presume lots take the weekend off...

    Me, however... In the same position as Mojo - so weekends are a staple. If I have computer access, I work every weekend. I get maybe 2-3 weekends off per year. But, I find I still only get online to work on my sites after my kid has gone to bed - about 8pm - except more frequent email checks and quick stuff.
    Owner, Cognitive Powers, Inc.
    Soon to be ex-webmaster
    Facebook, Twitter, and Linked In

  8. #6
    Doolally's Avatar
    Doolally is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    February 2003
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    4,584
    Thanks
    501
    Thanked 732 Times in 572 Posts

    Default

    I'm afraid I'll have to admit to being a weekend worker as well.

    I make sure have have an hour or two each day set aside for playing with the kids although they do always manage to distract me at many other times as well. Apart from that it's generally work, work, work.

    My New Years Resolution for 2008 - chill out more!

  9. #7
    Nandakishore's Avatar
    Nandakishore is offline In Memorium, 1935-2014
    Join Date
    December 2006
    Location
    In Germany near Munich
    Posts
    2,104
    Blog Entries
    5
    Thanks
    931
    Thanked 496 Times in 367 Posts

    Default

    Weekend is the time I generally invest in content-specific activities because then I don't have to spend time in going through hundreds of mails.


    Nandakishore
    Online Casino Newsroom
    Online Gambling Website

  10. #8
    casinoinfogr is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    February 2006
    Location
    Athens - Greece
    Posts
    70
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts

  11. #9
    CPReport's Avatar
    CPReport is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2003
    Posts
    595
    Thanks
    164
    Thanked 111 Times in 60 Posts

    Default

    I don't know a weekend from a work day. It's all just the same and I love it!

  12. #10
    Join Date
    November 2005
    Posts
    4,507
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    1,920
    Thanked 2,216 Times in 1,278 Posts

    Default

    Hi all,

    Least we're all in good company. Seems the majority of us are workaholics

    Personally I enjoy what I do, so I really don't consider it work.

    I've now got a number of sites on the go and other in development, so there really isn't a lot of time in 5 days to get done what's needed. Considering I do everything myself (as I'm sure a high % of others do too).

    I have considered hiring staff, but, I'm yet to find anyone who is even close to my expectations

    Though I don't work your average office hours.

    Me I tend to get around 11'ish these days & try to spend some time relaxing and chilling out in the sun.

    Due to the time difference, I don't tend to hit the PC till around 5pm and go through till around 3 - 5am.

    However, I did take last weekend out and maybe I'll start doing it.

    I'm no spring chicken either!



    Cheers



    Dave

  13. #11
    ioc's Avatar
    ioc
    ioc is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    November 2007
    Posts
    50
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

  14. #12
    aksana's Avatar
    aksana is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    July 2006
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    2,361
    Blog Entries
    3
    Thanks
    437
    Thanked 261 Times in 196 Posts

    Default

    Usually I work on weekends, but if I need a day off I take it.

  15. #13
    Nandakishore's Avatar
    Nandakishore is offline In Memorium, 1935-2014
    Join Date
    December 2006
    Location
    In Germany near Munich
    Posts
    2,104
    Blog Entries
    5
    Thanks
    931
    Thanked 496 Times in 367 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ioc View Post
    I works all day throughout weekends. I can not stop making money. LOL.
    I think most of them who make lots of money do not work throughout the weekends, but make others work for them.

    Nandakishore
    Online Casino Newsroom
    Online Gambling Website

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •