Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    TravG's Avatar
    TravG is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    September 2008
    Posts
    2,069
    Thanks
    34
    Thanked 179 Times in 131 Posts

    Default Domain Authority Slips

    I was looking at my sites and noticed about half of them decreased in DA while some went up. None increased or decreased dramatically, usually around 1 to 2 points, but just curious what you guys think would cause this.

    I havent really changed my sites much at all so just wondering why they would go down. If you do not work on your site or add content do you think your DA could go down? The site that went down the most I havent done much with lately so that is the only reason why I could think it decreased.
    Live Casino USA - the best USA live online casinos. Play USA online slots and other casino games like USA online blackjack. Play See USAlegalcasinos.com to find the best USA online casino. Want to play USA online poker? Find the best poker sites at 4DeucesPoker.com.

  2. #2
    edgarf76's Avatar
    edgarf76 is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2013
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    2,196
    Thanks
    804
    Thanked 582 Times in 429 Posts

    Default

    It happens to my sites every month or two. It doesn't affect my SERPS. The site that went down us the one I have been removing outbound links and writing the most. I was wondering the same thing yesterday when I noticed it


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Visit Play Slots 4 Real Money and Casino Slots Money for trusted recommendations and tips on the best casinos.

  3. #3
    sweetbet's Avatar
    sweetbet is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    November 2012
    Posts
    2,824
    Blog Entries
    5
    Thanks
    898
    Thanked 1,574 Times in 1,086 Posts

    Default

    I have a site that I haven't touched or added content to in well over a year. It has a very high DA score. I also have a site that I very regularly update and add content to, with plenty of quality inbound links, but it's DA is considerably lower than the first mentioned site. Therefore, I don't believe that it's about how often you update your site.

  4. #4
    Christiaan's Avatar
    Christiaan is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    February 2013
    Location
    Barcelona
    Posts
    1,279
    Thanks
    183
    Thanked 486 Times in 336 Posts

    Default

    The Domain Authority also depends on the inbound and outbound links. Maybe those are the reason why your DA changed?

  5. #5
    TravG's Avatar
    TravG is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    September 2008
    Posts
    2,069
    Thanks
    34
    Thanked 179 Times in 131 Posts

    Default

    Hmmn, yea I am not sure. Oh well, I guess I will just keep on keeping on. Links haven't really changed I dont think so I dont why it would have went down. At least it didnt slip much!
    Live Casino USA - the best USA live online casinos. Play USA online slots and other casino games like USA online blackjack. Play See USAlegalcasinos.com to find the best USA online casino. Want to play USA online poker? Find the best poker sites at 4DeucesPoker.com.

  6. #6
    Christiaan's Avatar
    Christiaan is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    February 2013
    Location
    Barcelona
    Posts
    1,279
    Thanks
    183
    Thanked 486 Times in 336 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UltimatePokerBonus View Post
    Hmmn, yea I am not sure. Oh well, I guess I will just keep on keeping on. Links haven't really changed I dont think so I dont why it would have went down. At least it didnt slip much!
    But the pages that link to you maybe changed? Or even got penalized!

  7. #7
    sweetbet's Avatar
    sweetbet is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    November 2012
    Posts
    2,824
    Blog Entries
    5
    Thanks
    898
    Thanked 1,574 Times in 1,086 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Christiaan View Post
    The Domain Authority also depends on the inbound and outbound links. Maybe those are the reason why your DA changed?
    Exactly right. My high DA site has by far many more inbound links than my lower DA site.

  8. #8
    TravG's Avatar
    TravG is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    September 2008
    Posts
    2,069
    Thanks
    34
    Thanked 179 Times in 131 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Christiaan View Post
    But the pages that link to you maybe changed? Or even got penalized!
    Good point - didnt even think of that.
    Live Casino USA - the best USA live online casinos. Play USA online slots and other casino games like USA online blackjack. Play See USAlegalcasinos.com to find the best USA online casino. Want to play USA online poker? Find the best poker sites at 4DeucesPoker.com.

  9. #9
    edgarf76's Avatar
    edgarf76 is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2013
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    2,196
    Thanks
    804
    Thanked 582 Times in 429 Posts

    Default Domain Authority Slips

    DA went back up today. Good change in SERPS too. Anyone else?


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Visit Play Slots 4 Real Money and Casino Slots Money for trusted recommendations and tips on the best casinos.

  10. #10
    GFPC is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    April 2008
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    3,520
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    1,150
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 674 Posts

    Default

    Yeah I saw an increase as well in serps - for a couple of months it slipped and seemed to have recovered.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •