Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. #1
    Oracle is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    January 2013
    Posts
    59
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts

    Default Email List with HostGator

    I want to set up a new website but this will be a case of building up the reputation and the content before I put in much money.

    A feature I have found to be extremely useful to convert is a weekly email that links to a good article on my site and I currently use Aweber elsewhere but for the number of subscribers between 10k-25k that has an annual charge of $1,788.

    I am looking at alternative options for the new site to keep costs to a minimum and as the site will be hosted with HostGator I have seen they offer email lists - additional information here:
    http://support.hostgator.com/article...list-in-cpanel

    I realise that when I transfer this list to Aweber this will require an opt in but I will develop a strategy to maximise that when the time comes so that I can take advantage of all the additional features that are offered.


    Has anybody used this mailing list from HostGator and what do you think are the pros and cons I should be aware of before taking this on?


    Thanks.

  2. #2
    ocreditor's Avatar
    ocreditor is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    April 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    7,363
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    7,108
    Thanked 4,343 Times in 2,836 Posts

    Default

    A point to consider -If you transfer any list to Awaber you must consider that all your DB listings will have to re-approve their subscription !
    So if they do not do so (and the majority will not do so), you'll lose them and Awaber will not send them you emails.

    I would also recommend to check - http://mailchimp.com, maybe they'll be suitable for your needs.

    About cpanel mailinglist, I know nothing about that, sorry I can't help.

  3. #3
    Oracle is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    January 2013
    Posts
    59
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts

    Default

    Mailchimp do not allow gambling content and if you don't get people to transfer over to Aweber then they are probably not reading your emails so you have not lost a customer.

    You can argue that you have lost the potential for a conversion but your emails are almost certainly going to a spam folder or an inactive email address.

    If people are regularly reading your emails then they are interested in your content and will sign up to Aweber (hopefully).

    The dormant accounts that won't sign up will at least reduce the cost of Aweber.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •