Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: EMD or PMD?

  1. #1
    DunderMannen is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    December 2020
    Posts
    60
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts

    Default EMD or PMD?

    So I want to start a site targeting "best X casino type", but there is search volume for "X casino type" as well. The "best" is my target term though as that SERP won't want to rank actual casino brands.

    Should I buy the "best X casino type"-EMD or just "X casino type"? I'm thinking of this because most of the links will go to homepage and will be "branded" (aka exact match keyword).
    Want to learn some new SEO tricks? Check out my videos

  2. #2
    Juan Roman's Avatar
    Juan Roman is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    January 2013
    Posts
    582
    Thanks
    183
    Thanked 263 Times in 184 Posts

    Default

    I'd go for "best X casino type". EMD's still carry a lot of value even though some people suggest otherwise and if your desired EMD is available, I wouldn't look at anything else.

    I had a couple of EMD's in the past and they ranked so well, much better than expected.

  3. #3
    DunderMannen is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    December 2020
    Posts
    60
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts

    Default

    Right, yeah I use EMDs to a lot of other niches in the SERPs apart from casino and indeed it still works wonders
    Want to learn some new SEO tricks? Check out my videos

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to DunderMannen For This Useful Post:

    Juan Roman (24 December 2024)

  5. #4
    chaumi is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    October 2013
    Location
    East Midlands
    Posts
    1,640
    Thanks
    570
    Thanked 840 Times in 617 Posts

    Default

    I'd be thinking 'how many domains do I see in SERPs right now that are best XYZ .com. And (in my head at least) it's pretty rare to come across one.

    But why is that?

    Search engines don't 'like' them?
    Or no one has built one out that's valuable enough?

    I'd probably start by trying to find a few that exist already, and see if there are obvious reasons why they do or do not rank. Might give some pointers.

    I'd agree with the 'EMD has some value still' theories. But I wonder now what the underlying mechanism(s) is/are that gives them that value. Understanding that could give some advantages, or at least potentially ready the owner for what might happen in future. I suspect it's something related to branding but the full reasoning of that evades me (or I haven't had time/inclination to really think it through). Maybe it is just as simple as the terms are there.

    In theory 'xyz casino.com/best' has as good a chance of ranking as 'best xyz casino' and you could argue offers a wider topical scope. It's a toss up from where I'm standing on what would be best, just that worry over the current absence of domains with that prefix edges me towards the domain without it.

  6. #5
    lapa221Q is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    May 2023
    Posts
    79
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 11 Times in 9 Posts

    Default

    If your niche and strategy are tightly focused around the notion of "best X casino type," then going for the EMD for that specific phrase might be the smarter choice. A well-optimized site using an EMD can help in rankings and establishing credibility. However, also keep in mind long-term branding, flexibility, and the potential to scale that.com domain into other related areas.

  7. #6
    NoDepositCasinos's Avatar
    NoDepositCasinos is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    November 2022
    Location
    Colombia
    Posts
    1,243
    Thanks
    362
    Thanked 484 Times in 398 Posts

    Default

    I’d personally go for the “best X casino type” domain if it’s available and if it won’t limit me in the long run because I plan for my content to stay focused in that direction. EMDs have advantages, and I wouldn’t pass them up if I had the opportunity.

    P.S. I tried accessing the website in your signature and got an error message. I just wanted to let you know, in case you weren’t aware, so you can check it out.
    casinobonusnewsletter.com - AMs contact me for deals

    revenueoptimization.io - DM me if you want to be featured in our blog

  8. #7
    MJM
    MJM is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    November 2010
    Posts
    961
    Thanks
    189
    Thanked 550 Times in 318 Posts

    Default

    Either can work well, ultimately I'd choose the one you feel is most memorable, shortest, etc - and still serves the purpose of hitting the keyword.

    Heck, BestOdds.com domain sold for 1.2 million just for the domain before that group built it, and I've sold a couple "bestx" domains for six figures over the last several years, so it still works.

    However, I will say that I'd personally go for "xcasinotype" vs "bestcasinotype" now because credibility and trust matter more than anything and best is so subjective. I would however choose a "best" domain if I was doing it as a PPC lander.

    Can't go wrong if both are attainable though, best of luck.

  9. #8
    CasinosBroker's Avatar
    CasinosBroker is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    July 2021
    Location
    Romania
    Posts
    580
    Thanks
    96
    Thanked 122 Times in 111 Posts

    Default

    I'd personally go with EMD's. I'm always going "against the wind".
    Looking to buy or sell iGaming sites?
    Get in touch today!
    www.CasinosBroker.com
    WhatsApp: +40-757-953-988

  10. #9
    Cash Bonus's Avatar
    Cash Bonus is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,450
    Thanks
    9,149
    Thanked 3,004 Times in 2,216 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CasinosBroker View Post
    I'd personally go with EMD's. I'm always going "against the wind".
    Yes, it's the same reason for me in choosing EMD's.

  11. #10
    Fragoru is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    February 2025
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    If "best X casino type" is your main focus, an EMD could be a strong choice, as they still hold value for rankings and branding. However, consider long-term flexibility "X casino type" might allow for broader content expansion while still letting you target "best" within URLs and on-page SEO. If credibility and trust are key, avoiding "best" in the domain might be better. Ultimately, if both are available, go with what aligns best with your long-term strategy.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •