Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. #1
    Join Date
    November 2005
    Posts
    4,507
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    1,920
    Thanked 2,216 Times in 1,278 Posts

    Exclamation ePlaySoft - Dodgy Software Provider - Beware!!!

    Found this software provider via a SPAM mail today. Hence IMHO their cred is shot right there.

    Still, I was curious

    (remove xxx)
    xxxhttp://www.playsoftgaming.com/

    First thing that took my attention, the logo. Though it is not identical, it is very close to the Playtech logo.

    Paragraph of home page reads like this:
    (screen cap)


    Thought I'd try there demo, hmmm great that didn't work, site down/unreachable.

    The grammer sucks. The entire site sounds dodgy.

    Site uses news dating back to 2005, however, site was first registered in 2006 and expires in 2007.

    Registrar: GO DADDY SOFTWARE, INC.
    Status: clientRenewProhibited
    Dates: Created 16-mar-2006 Updated 31-mar-2006 Expires 16-mar-2007
    DNS Servers: NS3.SECURESERVER.NET NS4.SECURESERVER.NET

    Domain whois info in blocked by DomainbyProxy...

    Smells of one BIG scam!

    Obviously trying to cash in on newbies entering into the casino market.

    *Beware*


    Cheers



    Dave
    Last edited by Former Member 14; 24 February 2007 at 5:07 pm. Reason: adding ePlaysoft to title

  2. #2
    Amateur's Avatar
    Amateur is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    December 2001
    Posts
    3,771
    Blog Entries
    2
    Thanks
    34
    Thanked 145 Times in 86 Posts

    Default

    What does this mean?

    Status: clientRenewProhibited
    Amateur
    "Lifting as we climb" - NACWC
    "...the universe has no edge and no center..."
    "If you can't be a good example, you'll just have to be a horrible warning" - Jennifer Crusie
    "Common Sense is not so common." - Voltaire
    TheAPage.com

  3. #3
    Join Date
    November 2005
    Posts
    4,507
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    1,920
    Thanked 2,216 Times in 1,278 Posts

    Default

    I'm not too sure what it means either. However using google I find it could be that someone has challenged ownership (trademark) to part or all of that domain name.

    Status: clientRenewProhibited

    From what I can tell (not a lot of info about it) means that the current owner can not renew this domain name.

    If someone can provide further info to what this means, I'd really appreciate it.


    Cheers



    Dave

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •