Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22
  1. #1
    MrAJ is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    April 2014
    Posts
    80
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 49 Times in 29 Posts

    Default eToro changing terms - never respond

    Hey guys,
    it all started about a year ago. I was running a gambling affiliate blog and promoting some casinos and forex sites. eToro was one of them. I referred an affiliate that made decent money with eToro and I was happy to earn my sub commission. Good passive income for years. But suddenly, commission stopped. I asked the affiliate if he quit or if he has any issues and he says, no, all good.
    He was doing the same revenues month over month but no commission for me.

    I obviously tried to get in touch with them but no reply. My AM switched a couple of times and there was no way to get answers from them. Blocked on Skype and emails/contact forms went into nowhere (or being ignored).

    I investigated a bit and was checking terms and conditions. There was a new clause saying that subaffiliate commission is capped at $20k. I made way more than that though. I checked their terms through wayback machine and there simply was no such clause. It was added later. I had no idea when this changed but it must have been recently.

    Anyways, over a year passed, I'm getting no commissions or any replies from them.

    If you can, stay away from them. This is so fishy that I usually just think f*ck you and get out. But I see it as my duty to warn fellow affiliates who they are working with or think about promoting.
    Cheers,
    AJ

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrAJ For This Useful Post:

    MrBinaryAff (1 November 2015), Triple7 (8 October 2015)

  3. #2
    clarah.etoro's Avatar
    clarah.etoro is offline Former AM
    Join Date
    August 2015
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    Hi MrAJ,


    I'm not aware of this issue since I just joined, but please do me a favor so I can redirect this complain to the right department.

    Send a ticket to eToro partners (I'm unable to post the link here)

    Ill have someone taking care on this case.

    Best regards,

  4. #3
    MrAJ is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    April 2014
    Posts
    80
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 49 Times in 29 Posts

    Default

    Hello,
    as if I had not tried that numerous times. Usually you have an AM that gets in touch with you asking if he can get more traffic or if he can help. I do not even have one for over 3 years now. I can only give you my username if that might help then you can see for yourself.
    Best,
    AJ

  5. #4
    clarah.etoro's Avatar
    clarah.etoro is offline Former AM
    Join Date
    August 2015
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    Hi MrAJ,


    I understand and that's why I informed that I just joined the company and still Im trying to help.

    Affiliates should be a little more receptive also. Im not your account manager and this forum is not the official place to receive assistance, so understand I wont be able to assist you here.

    Please send the complain to the link I posted and Ill be able to help. Otherwise, I wont.

    Best regards,

  6. #5
    MrAJ is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    April 2014
    Posts
    80
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 49 Times in 29 Posts

    Default

    I hope you understand that when you sent 283 requests through a platform and never got a reply that you see little chance that the 284th try will be successful. Anyways, I sent another one.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to MrAJ For This Useful Post:

    Triple7 (8 October 2015)

  8. #6
    clarah.etoro's Avatar
    clarah.etoro is offline Former AM
    Join Date
    August 2015
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    Hi MrAJ,


    I understand and that's why I sent the reply on the forum.

    Will take a look at it. Can you please send me the case ID so I do a follow up on it.

    Thanks for your cooperation.

    Clara

  9. #7
    MrAJ is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    April 2014
    Posts
    80
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 49 Times in 29 Posts

    Default

    1245035

  10. #8
    clarah.etoro's Avatar
    clarah.etoro is offline Former AM
    Join Date
    August 2015
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    Thank you!

    Ill check with your account manager and follow up on the ticket.

  11. #9
    Triple7 is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    January 2015
    Posts
    2,872
    Thanks
    2,043
    Thanked 2,446 Times in 1,324 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrAJ View Post
    I hope you understand that when you sent 283 requests through a platform and never got a reply that you see little chance that the 284th try will be successful. Anyways, I sent another one.
    This time you've made your complaint public, so perhaps now they feel the need to react to save their ass.

  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Triple7 For This Useful Post:

    -Shay- (13 October 2015), Roulette Zeitung (8 October 2015)

  13. #10
    MrAJ is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    April 2014
    Posts
    80
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 49 Times in 29 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Triple7 View Post
    This time you've made your complaint public, so perhaps now they feel the need to react to save their ass.
    True. Let's see what they say. It was either very poor communication or it is all legit and they just changed their T&Cs retroactively.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to MrAJ For This Useful Post:

    Triple7 (8 October 2015)

  15. #11
    Roulette Zeitung is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    July 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    4,413
    Blog Entries
    5
    Thanks
    5,946
    Thanked 6,644 Times in 2,930 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Triple7 View Post
    This time you've made your complaint public, so perhaps now they feel the need to react to save their ass.


    Exactly. Sometimes a forum has the function of an universal translator.
    The years before the internet was born each day rip-off artists said, they brought lonely hearts together [with a simple card index box] in their marriage bureaux.
    No opportunity for a public warning.
    Believe it or not that 28 years old rich female doctors with pool and house are so excited to meet poor men without job in late autumn of their life.
    For the answer you paid 3.000 ... at least.

    And today?
    Portals like "Parwise" have been cracked by [white] hackers to show the audience, that over 90% of all female profiles are a fake.
    And nearly all "old school" marriage bureaux and their card index boxes are closed.

    Yes, the internet has advantages.
    Equality of arms is one of them.

    Leopold

  16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Roulette Zeitung For This Useful Post:

    MrAJ (8 October 2015), Triple7 (8 October 2015)

  17. #12
    universal4's Avatar
    universal4 is offline Forum Administrator
    Join Date
    July 2003
    Location
    Courage is being scared to death...and saddling up anyway. John Wayne
    Posts
    34,012
    Thanks
    4,546
    Thanked 9,306 Times in 5,988 Posts

    Default

    Are the original affiliate managers removed from the program?

    I am actually not surprised they stuck a term like that in there, and that they did so retro-actively.

    And there is no reason NOT to answer questions, here publicly. (obviously with the exception of actual stats numbers) This gives all affiliates a fair chance at seeing issues possibly before they have to deal with them, and gives them the opportunity to work those issues out so all affiliates can see a successful outcome, or a warning to affiliates who may be concerned about dealing with the same issues.

    Rick
    Universal4

  18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to universal4 For This Useful Post:

    -Shay- (13 October 2015), Triple7 (9 October 2015)

  19. #13
    MrAJ is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    April 2014
    Posts
    80
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 49 Times in 29 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by universal4 View Post
    Are the original affiliate managers removed from the program?

    I am actually not surprised they stuck a term like that in there, and that they did so retro-actively.

    And there is no reason NOT to answer questions, here publicly. (obviously with the exception of actual stats numbers) This gives all affiliates a fair chance at seeing issues possibly before they have to deal with them, and gives them the opportunity to work those issues out so all affiliates can see a successful outcome, or a warning to affiliates who may be concerned about dealing with the same issues.

    Rick
    Universal4
    Yes. I used to have a long term AM there and as she left I heard a couple of shady things going on. But they have worked that out as it seems. After she left I had like 3 different AMs and none of them took the time to introduce himself or reply to my email or Skype requests. Actually I'm just guessing it has something to do with their new term they silently added as nobody even explained this to me yet.

  20. #14
    MrAJ is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    April 2014
    Posts
    80
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 49 Times in 29 Posts

    Default

    No updates so far. No real surprise.

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to MrAJ For This Useful Post:

    Roulette Zeitung (13 October 2015)

  22. #15
    Roulette Zeitung is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    July 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    4,413
    Blog Entries
    5
    Thanks
    5,946
    Thanked 6,644 Times in 2,930 Posts

    Default

    8. October 2015
    clarah.etoro
    "Ill check with your account manager and follow up on the ticket."
    Last Activity: 12 Oct 2015
    but ...

    12. October 2015
    MrAJ
    "No updates so far."

    clarah.etoro GPWA profile page: https://www.gpwa.org/member/clarah-etoro

    Scroll down.
    She's also affiliate! (BestOnlineCasinoBonus.org)

    and ...

    Click on "Other Member: traffickitty"
    You will come to this official GPWA page: https://www.gpwa.org/member/traffickitty
    Her 2nd account.
    Don't ask me, why she needs two accounts.
    But obviously even with 10 accounts it's not so easy to give you the help you deserved.

    She was online here at GPWA yesterday, but no response.

    Leopold

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to Roulette Zeitung For This Useful Post:

    -Shay- (13 October 2015)

  24. #16
    daweller is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    November 2002
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    168
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 11 Times in 6 Posts

    Default news?

    any news?

    Quote Originally Posted by Roulette Zeitung View Post
    8. October 2015
    clarah.etoro
    "Ill check with your account manager and follow up on the ticket."
    Last Activity: 12 Oct 2015
    but ...

    12. October 2015
    MrAJ
    "No updates so far."

    clarah.etoro GPWA profile page: https://www.gpwa.org/member/clarah-etoro

    Scroll down.
    She's also affiliate! (BestOnlineCasinoBonus.org)

    and ...

    Click on "Other Member: traffickitty"
    You will come to this official GPWA page: https://www.gpwa.org/member/traffickitty
    Her 2nd account.
    Don't ask me, why she needs two accounts.
    But obviously even with 10 accounts it's not so easy to give you the help you deserved.

    She was online here at GPWA yesterday, but no response.

    Leopold

  25. #17
    MrAJ is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    April 2014
    Posts
    80
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 49 Times in 29 Posts

    Default

    Oh the silence...

  26. #18
    superme is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    November 2014
    Posts
    117
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 34 Times in 23 Posts

    Default

    Same **** with AMs, for past 1 year like 3 or 4 changed, noone bothered to introduce or anything, I really hoped they will show up in Amsterdam this year with my other "favourites" Markets_com so I can tell them few words directly....Anyway missed Berlin but if they were there I really hope someone told them how much they sux. Btw Markets_com is cheating affiliates - personal test 3 guys I know regged through my links, only 1 showed up in the aff panel, when I asked wtf is going on the answer from my aff manager was that those 2 missing are registered under "another affiliate" and they will investigate) 7 months later NOTHING. Anyway eToro is odd, I think they only have their aff program just for the sake of having it, nothing really has been done to support affiliates.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrAJ View Post
    Yes. I used to have a long term AM there and as she left I heard a couple of shady things going on. But they have worked that out as it seems. After she left I had like 3 different AMs and none of them took the time to introduce himself or reply to my email or Skype requests. Actually I'm just guessing it has something to do with their new term they silently added as nobody even explained this to me yet.
    Getting started in the world of gambling and online casinos with www.bestcasino.org, your best casino advisor.

  27. #19
    MrAJ is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    April 2014
    Posts
    80
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 49 Times in 29 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by superme View Post
    Same **** with AMs, for past 1 year like 3 or 4 changed, noone bothered to introduce or anything, I really hoped they will show up in Amsterdam this year with my other "favourites" Markets_com so I can tell them few words directly....Anyway missed Berlin but if they were there I really hope someone told them how much they sux. Btw Markets_com is cheating affiliates - personal test 3 guys I know regged through my links, only 1 showed up in the aff panel, when I asked wtf is going on the answer from my aff manager was that those 2 missing are registered under "another affiliate" and they will investigate) 7 months later NOTHING. Anyway eToro is odd, I think they only have their aff program just for the sake of having it, nothing really has been done to support affiliates.
    I gave up on this one tbh. Sure, you can tell them how much they suck but they do not care at all. They try to convince you, assure you that they will take care of it with their supervisor because they personally can't do nothing of course. This was always the case for other scamming programs like bwin/Party back in the days after their retroactive terms, Aff Utd for obvious scam/non paying issues and a few more.

  28. #20
    MrAJ is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    April 2014
    Posts
    80
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 49 Times in 29 Posts

    Default

    They replied today that they are still investigating this. Let's see what they say. I will give them enough time to look into that. Waited over a year now anyways

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •