Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    golfbettingsystem's Avatar
    golfbettingsystem is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    March 2014
    Location
    Bedfordshire
    Posts
    1,002
    Thanks
    187
    Thanked 437 Times in 306 Posts

    Default External Mouse Or Touchpad?

    Recently my kids have commented on me using an old fashioned USB mouse plugged in to my laptop rather than the touchpad. Even a wireless mouse would be a step forward apparently.

    Maybe it’s just habit but I find it far easier to use an external mouse. What about you guys?

  2. #2
    universal4's Avatar
    universal4 is offline Forum Administrator
    Join Date
    July 2003
    Location
    Courage is being scared to death...and saddling up anyway. John Wayne
    Posts
    33,996
    Thanks
    4,543
    Thanked 9,297 Times in 5,981 Posts

    Default

    I agree, dislike the touchpad and usually only use it when I am on the road and don't have the time or space to plug in the mouse for whatever reason. Usually when on the road I will take the wireless mouse with me and anything more than just a few quick things, I am gonna grab it and turn it on lol.

    Some guys might have perfected it, but if I am trying to do something in say photoshop, for me the pad just aint gonna work and only a mouse will do the trick.

    Rick
    Universal4

  3. #3
    allfreechips's Avatar
    allfreechips is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    August 2010
    Location
    Ohio - The taxing state
    Posts
    1,632
    Thanks
    221
    Thanked 831 Times in 525 Posts

    Default

    External 100% and disable the touchpad unless you want to go nuts but TP is ok when traveling universal stated.
    AFC MEDIA LLC COMPLETE GAMING AFFILIATE SOLUTION
    Statsfetch.com
    secure / powerful inexpensive stats fetch system - Free for 20 provers always
    Allmediamatter
    Interface for casino owners/managers to add their affiliates and brands to feed ezcasinoaff
    Allfreechips -
    My 24 year old SEO casino site

  4. #4
    Cash Bonus's Avatar
    Cash Bonus is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,452
    Thanks
    9,155
    Thanked 3,005 Times in 2,217 Posts

    Default

    I've never really been a big fan of the touchpad, as I've always had difficulty in using it and it doesn't seem as accurate and on point as does a mouse. The wireless mouse is what I like to always use, without any doubt.

  5. #5
    Mattbar's Avatar
    Mattbar is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    July 2015
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,407
    Thanks
    123
    Thanked 920 Times in 579 Posts

    Default

    My touchpad is disabled I dislike it so much. It frustrates me when I am typing and you accidentally touch it and it moves the cursor. I always use an external mouse, I wouldn't travel without one.

  6. #6
    hatario's Avatar
    hatario is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    May 2023
    Posts
    63
    Thanks
    30
    Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts

    Default

    A nice wireless mouse is the best these days, especially with no additional latency, so the wired stuff has almost no advantage these days.

  7. #7
    baldidiot is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    January 2010
    Posts
    5,098
    Thanks
    433
    Thanked 2,333 Times in 1,555 Posts

    Default

    Definitely a mouse. I think you'd end up with a bit of a wonky finger if you used a touch pad all day every day.
    onlinegamblingwebsites.com - Formally known as goodbonusguide.

    Gambling Domains: Small clear out of some of the domains we've been hoarding - see the spreadsheet here.

  8. #8
    Pokerface's Avatar
    Pokerface is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    August 2016
    Posts
    3,166
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    690
    Thanked 1,008 Times in 747 Posts

    Default

    On my PC desktop I use an external mouse. On my Macbook Pro I use the touchpad. I have an external mouse for the Macbook but did not like the way it felt and moved.
    nousviz.com

    What's Nous?

    StatsDrone now offers Freemium plan to connect up to 30 programs - FREE!.

  9. #9
    wonderpunter's Avatar
    wonderpunter is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    August 2013
    Posts
    3,412
    Blog Entries
    5
    Thanks
    427
    Thanked 2,003 Times in 1,255 Posts

    Default

    Always a mouse though a combo of mouse and touchscreen if using a laptop also works well. copy and pasting text or resizing windows witha touchpad is a nightmare


  10. #10
    NoDepositCasinos's Avatar
    NoDepositCasinos is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    November 2022
    Location
    Colombia
    Posts
    1,246
    Thanks
    364
    Thanked 488 Times in 402 Posts

    Default

    In order of preference: external mouse (wired), external touchpad (also wired), touchpad. I only use the touchpad when I am with the laptop moving from one place to another.
    casinobonusnewsletter.com - AMs contact me for deals

    revenueoptimization.io - DM me if you want to be featured in our blog

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •