depaco79 is offline Public Member
    Thanks

Default Facebook Help Please

Hi all,

Only 2nd post so please don't shoot me down in flames,

Does anybody know how to post a affiliate link within a facebook page rather than re-directing to a website 1st, ie I want to put a little william hill banner under my recent footaball tips to direct straight to will hill on FB but I'm really not sure how to do this on FB.

I'm working on a wordpress website but it's not ready yet so I wanted direct links how is this possible ??

Thanks Guys!!

lowrisk is offline Private Member
    Thanks

Hi,

If you use a generic tracker from the affiliate system and put this on, you'll get a link preview on Facebook, with the title and description of the William Hill page, you can't add a banner though or image.

Thanks

Default William Hill

Quote Originally Posted by lowrisk View Post
    Hi,

If you use a generic tracker from the affiliate system and put this on, you'll get a link preview on Facebook, with the title and description of the William Hill page, you can't add a banner though or image.
    Hi Lowrisk,

I spoke to Alex at affiliate united yesterday via live chat, he said that the generic tracker code doesn't always track properly on social networks, is this true ?? I've put the title description of will hill page you mentioned on, I just want to make sure it's tracking, I'm sure it is as my affiliate name is within the text.

Please advise - Many Thanks

F-L-C is offline Private Member
    Thanks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by depaco79 View Post
    Hi Lowrisk,

I spoke to Alex at affiliate united yesterday via live chat, he said that the generic tracker code doesn't always track properly on social networks, is this true ?? I've put the title description of will hill page you mentioned on, I just want to make sure it's tracking, I'm sure it is as my affiliate name is within the text.

Please advise - Many Thanks
    Hi Mate

Alex will have said that to safe guard their position, in my opinion, he is probably referring to Twitter, as Twitter shortens links right down. Facebook doesn't alter the link as far as I am aware, so I don't see any reason why it shouldn't work. You can use Facebook insights if you have over 30 people liking your page, and get a rough idea of if it's had any interest or not, if it has, monitor the clicks, or better yet, do a test registration. Just sign up yourself using made up details, and ask your account manager to check the tracking, all you need to do is give him or her the username.

I think if you're gonna do this, and you 100% want to do it, you're taking a punt on the tracking issue. I think it'll be OK, but that's not to say you won't ever have any issues.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lowrisk View Post
    Hi Mate

Alex will have said that to safe guard their position, in my opinion, he is probably referring to Twitter, as Twitter shortens links right down. Facebook doesn't alter the link as far as I am aware, so I don't see any reason why it shouldn't work. You can use Facebook insights if you have over 30 people liking your page, and get a rough idea of if it's had any interest or not, if it has, monitor the clicks, or better yet, do a test registration. Just sign up yourself using made up details, and ask your account manager to check the tracking, all you need to do is give him or her the username.

I think if you're gonna do this, and you 100% want to do it, you're taking a punt on the tracking issue. I think it'll be OK, but that's not to say you won't ever have any issues.
    Lowrisk,

Many thanks for your advise, very much appreciated !!

Thanks

My pleasure

thebookiesoffers is offline Former Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,764 Times in 1,009 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by alexfisher77772 View Post
    hi
    **** off

9. The Following User Says Thank You to thebookiesoffers For This Useful Post:

Renee (28 November 2012)