universal4 is online now Forum Administrator
    Courage is being scared to death...and saddling up anyway. John Wayne
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,947 Times in 5,014 Posts

Default firefox oddities

Has anyone else noticed really strange issues with Firefox the past few days after the most recent updates to FF or Windows?

It seems to affect redirects or link following.

As an example I have at least 2 secure sites I have trouble logging in to now, the browser authenticates me, but in these cases, after authenticated the browser is redirected to a sub domain page or different url location and the browser just stays on a white page.

Other tests have show that in some cases, following "some" drop down links in main navigation, from one user to another url on the same domain does nothing.

I do not think the blame ties directly in to anything windows update related, since firefox seems to be the only browser affected in these cases.

One spot it takes place is gpwa org home, while in firefox I can choose any link in the main from downs and they work, however the dropdown links do not work in the one titled "forums" such as forum home, new posts, today's posts etc.

All links work if right click, open in new window or new tab though, so whatever the issue is it is tied in to the specific tab session.

I am sure there are other examples but found it quite odd some seem to work and some do not, even when the sub domain does not change.

Rick
    Universal4

universal4 is online now Forum Administrator
    Courage is being scared to death...and saddling up anyway. John Wayne
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,947 Times in 5,014 Posts

Also strange,

As an example "Today's posts" works from inside the forum, but it refused to allow me to follow that link from .org home

Rick
    Universal4