-Shay- is offline Public Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,160 Times in 1,695 Posts

Thumbs down General non-payment question

Why does your affiliate program mark "paid" on affiliate payments when the commissions have not been shipped?

In our case, I keep hearing "next week", "this week's payment run", etc. but I'm not seeing the money. It is beginning to become a source of irritation for me when we're told that the money has already been shipped, but then later we're told that it hasn't been but "will be".

Please get your act together and straighten your payments out ASAP (today).

James_W is offline Public Member
    Thanks

Shay

Thank you for the below.

Please send me an email to james.woods@bet365.com with your username so that my team can look into this. We will endeavour to reach a satisfactory resolution asap.

Thanks

Thanks

Hi James,

Thank you for your response. I'll be in touch by email as well as responding here. I am quite confident that I can speak for others in addition to myself when I say this:

Your program requires an invoice in order to be paid, which is not unreasonable. Thus, we as affiliates generate an invoice, print it, sign it, and ship it.

Then, a few days later, the payment queue shows the balance as paid out (in our case payment was shown as made on 3 July). In our case, we have chosen bank transfer as our payment method. Because my withdrawal shows in the reporting system as completed, it sets my expectation that within one to two days TOPS, I should see a contra entry in my UK bank account. When I do not see said transfer hitting my account, I consider this misleading fact number 1.

I then log in to chase down my payment via the affiliate messaging system, which in defense to your program, your reps do typically reply within the same business day. The system makes me twitch, as it doesn't seem to like punctuation but I can live with that, I guess

That aside, I get half-assed answers - kinda like the response here in this thread (no disrespect intended). Last week, after querying two-three times, I finally was told that my payment would be included in "this week's payment run".

Again, this ended up being misleading because today, when I specifically asked for a tracking number for my payment - I was told that payment STILL has not been made and that I can expect payment in 2-3 days.

Please understand, I could be sending your program a whole lot more business and I want reason to do so - I really do. However, the problem is that when I think of your program, my expectations are not being met. I'm not a fan of resetting expectations when mine are quite realistic. Simply put, when I am marked as paid, I expect to be paid. I don't sign off on debts or close out invoices until money changes hands. Why do you?

I've been told that payment would come quicker if I'd simply take payment to my player account. To me, this is not a viable solution, as I firmly believe that payment should be made to bank account or e-wallet - not to gambling account.

In closing, perhaps you could provide some insight as to how exactly this payment process works and why I am fed misinformation from official sources regarding receiving payment so that my expectations can be married with reality. I'm certain that after I confirm that payment is received, this thread will be marked "resolved". However, if this is a problem next month and the month after that, is it really resolved? I implore you to come forward and provide insight in this matter, as deep down I do believe that bet365 is a quality program and one that is worthy of working with.

Cheers

James_W is offline Public Member
    Thanks

Thanks Shay.

I understand your frustration. Let me discuss this internally in 2 meeting to which this is highly relevant over the coming 2 days. I will look at what we can provide you with as an overview. I will also look at your specific payment. I look forward to receiving your email.

I will discuss first thing with my colleagues.

I hope that is reasonable.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by -Shay- View Post
    Hi James,

Thank you for your response. I'll be in touch by email as well as responding here. I am quite confident that I can speak for others in addition to myself when I say this:

Your program requires an invoice in order to be paid, which is not unreasonable. Thus, we as affiliates generate an invoice, print it, sign it, and ship it.

Then, a few days later, the payment queue shows the balance as paid out (in our case payment was shown as made on 3 July). In our case, we have chosen bank transfer as our payment method. Because my withdrawal shows in the reporting system as completed, it sets my expectation that within one to two days TOPS, I should see a contra entry in my UK bank account. When I do not see said transfer hitting my account, I consider this misleading fact number 1.

I then log in to chase down my payment via the affiliate messaging system, which in defense to your program, your reps do typically reply within the same business day. The system makes me twitch, as it doesn't seem to like punctuation but I can live with that, I guess

That aside, I get half-assed answers - kinda like the response here in this thread (no disrespect intended). Last week, after querying two-three times, I finally was told that my payment would be included in "this week's payment run".

Again, this ended up being misleading because today, when I specifically asked for a tracking number for my payment - I was told that payment STILL has not been made and that I can expect payment in 2-3 days.

Please understand, I could be sending your program a whole lot more business and I want reason to do so - I really do. However, the problem is that when I think of your program, my expectations are not being met. I'm not a fan of resetting expectations when mine are quite realistic. Simply put, when I am marked as paid, I expect to be paid. I don't sign off on debts or close out invoices until money changes hands. Why do you?

I've been told that payment would come quicker if I'd simply take payment to my player account. To me, this is not a viable solution, as I firmly believe that payment should be made to bank account or e-wallet - not to gambling account.

In closing, perhaps you could provide some insight as to how exactly this payment process works and why I am fed misinformation from official sources regarding receiving payment so that my expectations can be married with reality. I'm certain that after I confirm that payment is received, this thread will be marked "resolved". However, if this is a problem next month and the month after that, is it really resolved? I implore you to come forward and provide insight in this matter, as deep down I do believe that bet365 is a quality program and one that is worthy of working with.

Cheers
    Last edited by James_W; 16 July 2013 at 5:14 pm. Reason: Misread point on emai being sent.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to James_W For This Useful Post:

-Shay- (16 July 2013)

Thanks

Why does your affiliate program mark "paid" on affiliate payments when the commissions have not been shipped?
    Still a question that remains unanswered one month later.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to -Shay- For This Useful Post:

DaftDog is offline Private Member
    Thanks

I'm also getting fed up with this. My invoice was submitted on the 1st of August, payment was shown as sent on the 3rd of August and I'm still waiting for the money to land in my account. Come on guys, pull finger please!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to DaftDog For This Useful Post:

-Shay- (17 August 2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ixian View Post
    I'm also getting fed up with this. My invoice was submitted on the 1st of August, payment was shown as sent on the 3rd of August and I'm still waiting for the money to land in my account. Come on guys, pull finger please!
    We received our payment about twenty minutes after I bumped this thread yesterday.

However, regardless - the point is that the system shows us as being paid, yet it takes a considerable amount of time for the funds to arrive by carrier pigeon. Most other reputable programs show "paid" when actually paid. Why not this one?

universal4 is online now Forum Administrator
    Courage is being scared to death...and saddling up anyway. John Wayne
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,876 Times in 4,966 Posts

Signing and scanning an invoice in order to get paid is not big deal.

Having a payment showing as paid for a few days before the payment hits is an annoyance, but not a big deal....

Those that worry whether payemtns will ever come through, or how they will be paid since different affiliates are told different stories....that is a big deal...

Rick
    Universal4

TheGooner is offline Private Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,204 Times in 1,999 Posts

We received our payment about twenty minutes after I bumped this thread yesterday.

However, regardless - the point is that the system shows us as being paid, yet it takes a considerable amount of time for the funds to arrive by carrier pigeon. Most other reputable programs show "paid" when actually paid. Why not this one?
    So you are saying you want to see something like "processing" when they receive the invoice and then "paid" when it's actually sent?

Seems a reasonable request - even if it does take some double handling at their end - but really what difference will it make?
    In the end it will be paid at the same time ... and they do pay each month .. how does a word change anything?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to TheGooner For This Useful Post:

-Shay- (17 August 2013)

Thanks

I rely on the payment statuses to know when I'm paid. When I see they've switched to "paid", I look for the payment - as I expect it. How am I to know if payment details have been changed without our knowledge - especially when I'm being conditioned not to expect payment when the status moves to paid and remains that way for two weeks?

"Paid" should mean paid - not pending, not will pay later, not "sent to the processor, thus not my problem". Show me the money, then mark it paid.

I do agree that they do pay monthly.