Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 39
  1. #1
    Ord Allenbea's Avatar
    Ord Allenbea is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    January 2013
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    17
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 15 Times in 8 Posts

    Default Tips For Using Pinterest Social Network

    The Pinterest social site serves as a comprehensive wish list of sorts. Pinners post Pins to Boards that they organize by topic or theme. For example, a user who is planning to remodel an office may Pin interior decorating ideas to a Board they named Office Design. Or an author could post inspirations to a Story Board.

    Tips And Tricks For Pinterest Users

    * Just as you would spread your brand across other social networks such as Twitter, decide what topics you are interested in, and then create boards based on that. Users will be more likely to follow rich, full Boards than sparsely populated Boards. Creating niche specific boards could help you greatly.

    * Make sure you add the browser extension to your bookmarks bar. This will make things easier to pin on the fly. This way you are able to Pin It and add a description and choose the board you want the pin to show on.

    * When you create your account you have many options to connect your other social networks, doing so will show your social media accounts below your picture on your profile. This is a good way for others that follow you to also follow you on places such as twitter and facebook.

    * When you choose to Like a Pin, it will appear in a separate feed from your Boards. You may choose to keep a Like list for several reasons. Keep a folder of Likes for those random Pins you encounter that pique your interest but you have no desire to create an entire board for them. For example, you may not have boards dedicated to sewing or kittens but you may like them nonetheless.

    You may also want to make your Like section an unofficial wish list that friends or family members can browse for gift ideas. * Mention users you follow by typing “@” in front of their user names much like you do with Twitter. Add the mention either to a pin or repin description or to a comment you make. The user will then receive a notification and possibly stop on in to repin something else of yours.

    If you add a "$" or a "£" to the Pin description then Pinterest will automatically add a price banner to the corner of the photo you pinned. The Pin will also appear in the main gifts category. In the pin description remember to link to the website where people can purchase.

    * In order to find Pinners with similar interests, seek out the users behind your favorite pins. Then look at the users that Pinner follows. As of writing this, Pinterest does not have a suggested users tool.

    * Add new pins on a steady basis because fresh content is guaranteed to get more notice and more repins from others.

  2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Ord Allenbea For This Useful Post:

    -Shay- (6 January 2013), DanHorvat (10 January 2013), EasyPoker (10 January 2013), gagan (18 January 2013), MrDeposit (7 January 2013), sweetbet (10 January 2013)

  3. #2
    robmonsoy is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    November 2012
    Posts
    10
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    I actually never been on pinterest yet lol, do you think its worth the work? I'm only asking because I did not get much results from twitter and facebook however I did saw results from tumblr. Maybe I gave up too soon and should put more efforts for social networks..

  4. #3
    MrDeposit is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    February 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    262
    Thanks
    111
    Thanked 39 Times in 32 Posts

    Default

    Thanks for the tips, I am new to pinterest. So far I have had a few visitors. Nothing major to report.

  5. #4
    Ord Allenbea's Avatar
    Ord Allenbea is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    January 2013
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    17
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 15 Times in 8 Posts

    Default

    Don't be so quick to think social media is all about the "all mighty backlink". While backlinks are obviously important, when it comes to social media it's the last thing you should be thinking about. Social media should be used for brand awareness, social validation, and building a following.

    Social validation is a phrase I coined back in 2010 in an announcement I stated that social validation will become an important factor in search engine rankings. In 2011 Google and Bing both announced social validation was one of their factors for rankings.

    Social validation is exactly what the name implies - Being socially validated by others. This means the quality content on your social networks matter, the following on those networks matter, and the interaction between you and your followers matter.

    Google goes to your social profile and checks the quality of that content, then they follow any links from comments from your friends. If your friends content that is posted is of high quality and related to your content, then Google will social validate your account as being a high quality account and not just another account created for the sole purpose of getting the "all mighty backlink".


    Quote Originally Posted by robmonsoy View Post
    I actually never been on pinterest yet lol, do you think its worth the work? I'm only asking because I did not get much results from twitter and facebook however I did saw results from tumblr. Maybe I gave up too soon and should put more efforts for social networks..

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Ord Allenbea For This Useful Post:

    Andreygur (30 August 2013)

  7. #5
    universal4's Avatar
    universal4 is offline Forum Administrator
    Join Date
    July 2003
    Location
    Courage is being scared to death...and saddling up anyway. John Wayne
    Posts
    33,988
    Thanks
    4,540
    Thanked 9,297 Times in 5,981 Posts

    Default

    I find it odd that an seo rep posts actual data and personal testing about Pinterest and you claim he actuall data has no bearing, thenm the next day you post a bit post of regurgitated info about what Pinterest is and now you are behind it.

    This of course helped get your post count up so you could add your seo siggy.....

    Rick
    Universal4
    Gambling World Online Roulette Online Blackjack Live Online Games Sports Betting Horse Racing
    Casino Affiliate Programs
    Hosting and Domain Names
    Gambling Industry Association
    GPWA Moderation by Me and My Big Bad Security Self
    If an affiliate program is not small affiliate friendly (especially small US Affiliate), then they are NOT Affiliate Friendly!

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to universal4 For This Useful Post:

    GaryTheScubaGuy (10 January 2013)

  9. #6
    Ord Allenbea's Avatar
    Ord Allenbea is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    January 2013
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    17
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 15 Times in 8 Posts

    Default

    I seen no actual data in that thread but anyways.. someone in that thread asked about using pinterest. Since I have 20 years online and I have been a internet marketer and website developer for more than 15 years, I though I would share some helpful tips.

    This post is written by myself and not some regurgitated information to get a sig seen.

    Quote Originally Posted by universal4 View Post
    I find it odd that an seo rep posts actual data and personal testing about Pinterest and you claim he actuall data has no bearing, thenm the next day you post a bit post of regurgitated info about what Pinterest is and now you are behind it.

    This of course helped get your post count up so you could add your seo siggy.....

    Rick
    Universal4

  10. #7
    universal4's Avatar
    universal4 is offline Forum Administrator
    Join Date
    July 2003
    Location
    Courage is being scared to death...and saddling up anyway. John Wayne
    Posts
    33,988
    Thanks
    4,540
    Thanked 9,297 Times in 5,981 Posts

    Default

    You certainly are not the only one here with that many (or more) years of experience onle.

    Some of us have pretty close to that many years in the gaming sector.

    Rick
    Universal4
    Gambling World Online Roulette Online Blackjack Live Online Games Sports Betting Horse Racing
    Casino Affiliate Programs
    Hosting and Domain Names
    Gambling Industry Association
    GPWA Moderation by Me and My Big Bad Security Self
    If an affiliate program is not small affiliate friendly (especially small US Affiliate), then they are NOT Affiliate Friendly!

  11. #8
    Ord Allenbea's Avatar
    Ord Allenbea is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    January 2013
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    17
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 15 Times in 8 Posts

    Default

    Why are you being so defensive ? I never said anything about me being the only one here with years online experience. I own a internet marketing forum so I am fully aware of how some self proclaimed experts go and post regurgitated information from other forums to make themselves look like experts and to get sigs seen.

    I can assure you I am no self proclaimed so called expert.

    Quote Originally Posted by universal4 View Post
    You certainly are not the only one here with that many (or more) years of experience onle.

    Some of us have pretty close to that many years in the gaming sector.

    Rick
    Universal4

  12. #9
    GaryTheScubaGuy's Avatar
    GaryTheScubaGuy is offline In Memorium, 1966-2018
    Join Date
    December 2008
    Location
    Malta
    Posts
    745
    Blog Entries
    22
    Thanks
    223
    Thanked 430 Times in 205 Posts

    Default

    My thoughts exactly Rick.

    I'm not sure what this guy is up to but he has posted very specific information and nothing to back up these claims, and he's done it across every single SEO thread.

    All of the shared information so far is found everywhere in articles published by every SEO company in existence at one point of another. And many times right here.

    But this guy apparently doesn't know that the majority of people in Gaming, especially Affiliates, are some of the most clued-up people in terms of SEO, and unfortunately most of what has been posted has already been posted here years ago.
    GaryTheScubaGuy

  13. #10
    GaryTheScubaGuy's Avatar
    GaryTheScubaGuy is offline In Memorium, 1966-2018
    Join Date
    December 2008
    Location
    Malta
    Posts
    745
    Blog Entries
    22
    Thanks
    223
    Thanked 430 Times in 205 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ord Allenbea View Post

    I can assure you I am no self proclaimed so called expert.
    Nobody said you were.

    Who's "so-calling" you "self proclaimed"?
    GaryTheScubaGuy

  14. #11
    GaryTheScubaGuy's Avatar
    GaryTheScubaGuy is offline In Memorium, 1966-2018
    Join Date
    December 2008
    Location
    Malta
    Posts
    745
    Blog Entries
    22
    Thanks
    223
    Thanked 430 Times in 205 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ord Allenbea View Post
    Social validation is a phrase I coined back in 2010 in an announcement I stated that social validation will become an important factor in search engine rankings
    I would think before making a claim such as this you would at least check to see if you could be called-out and completely embarrassed.

    And it took me between six and seven seconds to find. Five of those were spent laughing out loud at your audacity in part, the other part at not believing someone would make such a claim.

    Apparently Psychology Today must have an insider in your bedroom; Your Social DEVALIDATION

    Now I hope this teaches you a lesson.

    And by the way, see how I left proof of my claims?
    Last edited by GaryTheScubaGuy; 10 January 2013 at 1:36 am.
    GaryTheScubaGuy

  15. #12
    Ord Allenbea's Avatar
    Ord Allenbea is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    January 2013
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    17
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 15 Times in 8 Posts

    Default

    Its obvious to me you did not do your research good enough but you certainly know how to chase off others that come here to help people asking questions. The evidence of that is in this thread where you have took away from helping people to bashing someone that "you think" is some forum spammer.

    I guess the search for "ord allenbea forum spam" did not net you the results you wanted because I do not run around spamming forums.

    I apologize to those that have asked about pinterest and you have to see a thread turned into a new member bashing. This could be why no experts are over here helping those asking questions. Last time I checked a forum was designed as a discussion place for others to ask questions and get help.

    To those that do look for help, it seems Gary knows everything so maybe he can sell you something instead of you actually getting help from others.

    Peace I'm Out!!

  16. #13
    GaryTheScubaGuy's Avatar
    GaryTheScubaGuy is offline In Memorium, 1966-2018
    Join Date
    December 2008
    Location
    Malta
    Posts
    745
    Blog Entries
    22
    Thanks
    223
    Thanked 430 Times in 205 Posts

    Default

    I'm guessing this isn't the first time.
    GaryTheScubaGuy

  17. #14
    universal4's Avatar
    universal4 is offline Forum Administrator
    Join Date
    July 2003
    Location
    Courage is being scared to death...and saddling up anyway. John Wayne
    Posts
    33,988
    Thanks
    4,540
    Thanked 9,297 Times in 5,981 Posts

    Default

    There are plenty of experts here, and to be quite honest the GPWA is actually a barometer that froums which offer advice and help amongst competitors is somewhat of a barometer that forums around the world have watched and studied since the early 2000's.

    You have been here a little less than 2 weeks and came on strong from the first day you were here, and tried to discredit Gary from the very firt day you were here.

    That alone put ME on the defensive, since that is part of what I do here. Maybe I came on a little strong against you, and maybe not - only time will tell -, but we have seen this happen so many times in the past I can and do react very quickly to these situations.

    Your input is encouraged and appreciated, but it should not be done in such as manner as trying to discredit what others have posted.

    If is totally fine to disagree with anyone on the forum, and in fact I will personally fight tooth and nail for your right to disagee with anyone here (even me) but if I feel posts made are leading down a certain path I will react.

    Making a claim about coining a phrase as you did above is not exactly a good thing in almost any forum situation since such claims usually beg someone to find evidence debunking it. (Did Al Gore really invent the internet?)

    At this point I ask all participants to allow the discussion in this thread get back on track to Pinterest.

    If it degrades in any way it most certainly will be locked.

    Rick
    Universal4
    Gambling World Online Roulette Online Blackjack Live Online Games Sports Betting Horse Racing
    Casino Affiliate Programs
    Hosting and Domain Names
    Gambling Industry Association
    GPWA Moderation by Me and My Big Bad Security Self
    If an affiliate program is not small affiliate friendly (especially small US Affiliate), then they are NOT Affiliate Friendly!

  18. #15
    GaryTheScubaGuy's Avatar
    GaryTheScubaGuy is offline In Memorium, 1966-2018
    Join Date
    December 2008
    Location
    Malta
    Posts
    745
    Blog Entries
    22
    Thanks
    223
    Thanked 430 Times in 205 Posts

    Default

    Yay! Well go to the original thread and I've posted an update (image)
    GaryTheScubaGuy

  19. #16
    -Shay- is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    November 2012
    Posts
    3,061
    Thanks
    12,175
    Thanked 3,133 Times in 1,685 Posts

    Default

    Is the going trend that anyone who questions or disputes Gary's posts is bashed or is it a series of isolated one time occurrences?

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to -Shay- For This Useful Post:

    DanHorvat (11 January 2013)

  21. #17
    MrDeposit is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    February 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    262
    Thanks
    111
    Thanked 39 Times in 32 Posts

    Default

    Can we get back on topic... Pinterest Tips!

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to MrDeposit For This Useful Post:

    DanHorvat (11 January 2013)

  23. #18
    Ord Allenbea's Avatar
    Ord Allenbea is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    January 2013
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    17
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 15 Times in 8 Posts

    Default

    I posted this topic in the hopes it would help someone since I have been a member of pinterest since it opened and since I am an actual marketer that has out-ranked so called gurus.
    Last edited by Ord Allenbea; 10 January 2013 at 10:53 pm.

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to Ord Allenbea For This Useful Post:

    -Shay- (10 January 2013)

  25. #19
    EasyPoker is offline New Member
    Join Date
    January 2013
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 4 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    Regarding pinning and following others on Pinterest:

    Would the fact that a well-known and well-indexed pinner add credibility to my pins?

    For example: lets say I have a sugar cookie recipe that I pin and the food network (pinterest.com/foodnetwork) repins it, does that then therefore add credibility to my pin and potentially give me a greater opportunity for ranking higher in SERPs since the food network is one of the largest driving forces of traffic on pinterest?

  26. #20
    -Shay- is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    November 2012
    Posts
    3,061
    Thanks
    12,175
    Thanked 3,133 Times in 1,685 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ord Allenbea View Post
    I posted this topic in the hopes it would help someone since I have been a member of pinterest since it opened and since I am an actual marketer that has out-ranked so called gurus.
    I appreciate your contributions. Cheers, mate.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •