Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Google Adwords

  1. #1
    RaceTip is offline New Member
    Join Date
    September 2018
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default Google Adwords

    So how can anyone that's not got a gambling licence join Adwords?
    My modest horse racing tips website needs an operators licence I got turned down for the Aggregator licence.

    Looks like Adwords is out the question on tips based affiliate websites for me.

  2. #2
    universal4's Avatar
    universal4 is offline Forum Administrator
    Join Date
    July 2003
    Location
    Courage is being scared to death...and saddling up anyway. John Wayne
    Posts
    33,994
    Thanks
    4,543
    Thanked 9,297 Times in 5,981 Posts

    Default

    I wondered if they would eventually start taking this stance.

    If you collect money directly from the Gambler, you have taken it further, then just offering information or advice as to where to play.

    Some folks have managed to appeal the decision and get past it, but I do wonder if they will soon be taking the stance against those that collect money directly for gambling information.

    Rick
    Universal4

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to universal4 For This Useful Post:

    RaceTip (2 October 2018)

  4. #3
    RaceTip is offline New Member
    Join Date
    September 2018
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by universal4 View Post
    I wondered if they would eventually start taking this stance.

    If you collect money directly from the Gambler, you have taken it further, then just offering information or advice as to where to play.

    Some folks have managed to appeal the decision and get past it, but I do wonder if they will soon be taking the stance against those that collect money directly for gambling information.

    Rick
    Universal4
    Hi Rick,
    I only had a couple of affiliate banners on the sidebar. I only provide horse racing tips for 1 meeting in the UK every day.
    I do think Adwords are being a bit harsh forcing an Operators licence on this type of venture.
    But seems they don't want bookie affiliates anymore

  5. #4
    baldidiot is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    January 2010
    Posts
    5,098
    Thanks
    433
    Thanked 2,333 Times in 1,555 Posts

    Default

    Affiliates are fine, the thing that's tripping you up is the tips element - you can't use adwords on a site that has tips (free or paid) without a license.

    If you didn't have the tips it would be fine to operate as an aggregator but for whatever reason they have issues with tips sites.

    There are plenty of discussions about this on the forums btw if you want to read about it in more detail.
    onlinegamblingwebsites.com - Formally known as goodbonusguide.

    Gambling Domains: Small clear out of some of the domains we've been hoarding - see the spreadsheet here.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to baldidiot For This Useful Post:

    RaceTip (2 October 2018)

  7. #5
    RaceTip is offline New Member
    Join Date
    September 2018
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by baldidiot View Post
    Affiliates are fine, the thing that's tripping you up is the tips element - you can't use adwords on a site that has tips (free or paid) without a license.

    If you didn't have the tips it would be fine to operate as an aggregator but for whatever reason they have issues with tips sites.

    There are plenty of discussions about this on the forums btw if you want to read about it in more detail.
    I think I will need to build another site that doesn't provide tips as such so I will try and figure out another route.
    I'm starting to get accepted for a few bookies affiliates so I dont want to be hanging around with not many clicks on a tips website without Adwords.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •