Google has said there would be a major update before the end of summer.
Google "Search Central" starts on August 10th.
Core update?
If Google doesn't do something about "sponsored content" with this update then I think Google is OK with the results.
Google has said there would be a major update before the end of summer.
Google "Search Central" starts on August 10th.
Core update?
If Google doesn't do something about "sponsored content" with this update then I think Google is OK with the results.
Last one was March so pretty much due an update. Lots of movement as noted in this thread but nothing confirmed as yet that I've seen.
For the latest bookmaker new customer offers visit https://www.newcustomeroffer.co.uk/
As of my last update, I am not aware of any specific announcements made by Google about a major update before the end of summer or a "Search Central" event starting on August 10th. Google frequently updates its search algorithms to improve search results and user experience, and these updates can be related to various aspects of the search algorithm, including sponsored content.
For the most accurate and up-to-date information on Google's updates and announcements, I recommend checking Google's official blog or reputable news sources in the SEO and digital marketing industry.
Personally, my normal niche website is seeing some affect but so far my gambling niche website is still performing as usual. Not sure if this is the same for everyone.
I haven't noticed any changes in the August update yet.
Looking to buy or sell iGaming sites?
Get in touch today!
www.CasinosBroker.com
WhatsApp: +40-757-953-988
The results on SERPs have been kind of shaky after this update.
Any ideas on what exactly it changed?
Seeing some flux. My pages that have been top 10 have stayed about the same. Pages that were 20+ have the most volatility, with those 30-40+ disappearing in some cases.
TBH, I wasn't getting traffic from those anyway, but did I have hope for some of those KWs.
Gut reaction is that it's a quality update
Of course, which update doesn't target quality? I'm saying I haven't seen any obvious spam hit the US sports betting/casino SERPs yet. Also, no "surprise" winners that came out of nowhere (yet).
Instead it appears to be rewarding the new "E" (Experience") before "E-A-T". Some of the dominant names for the past 20 years are still very much at the top.
Finally, not much slippage on the Parasite SEO from ultra-high authorities like major US newspapers. Though, some traded their #1s for 2-3 instead.
Overall, the top 10 for a couple KWs I watch are about the same. Will be interesting to see if the lack of "experience" for some "news" domains costs them their erstwhile easy top rankings (fingers crossed but not holding my breath).
universal4 (1 September 2023)
not yet in iGaming but saw a nosedive in impressions for my niche site
The Google core update is coming to an end.
The result. OutlookIndia prevails once again.
It doesn't look like Google has any intention of stopping parasite seo.
When I was in San Francisco I tried to get some of my ad agency friends to talk about parasite seo. They wouldn't. It was like they were in denial. They kept to the line about building quality content. Earning backlinks and hiring top writers.
I think the ad agencies are about to find out that a lot of large corps are just going to start buying sponsored posts on Forbes and stop spending money on agencies.
Why not just use AI to spin an ad page and then pay OutlookIndia to post it? Much cheaper and quicker than that stupid "quality content" mantra.
Yeah, that's the absurd conclusion of this new trend. Major media rents placements to the highest bidder.
"Agencies" with their cadres of link builders and writers will need to reinvent themselves on the fly. Though I'm sure they will always have demand, they'll have to step up their game and be nimble.
I'm honestly skeptical that parasite SEO will last much longer, especially for some of the lesser-known news sites. To be sure, I think it will be tough to compete with Forbes, Miami Herald, Independent, and other reputable media producers with established reputations.
I think time is short of Outlook India offering expert advice on sports betting, retirement planning, and luxury watches. Parasite SEO is nothing more than high authority sponsored posting. If Google can filter out the crappy content farms that sell posts for $100 a pop, they can do the same for the big sites.
Couldn't agree more re parasite SEO, it's making google look hypocritical and stupid. Good memes coming out on twitter too! Surprised this update didn't scale Outlook IN back, their links are marked as "rel-"sposored..." which is amusing!
So for me, absolutely nothing new for my Swiss website following the core update, a few positions gained, 1 or 2 places, still no visits, for a site launched in 2020, it's very strange, I must have done things that Google doesn't like! I am discouraged.![]()
I assume you talk about casinosreviews.ch?
If you have chance to check your site in Ahrefs, you will see that the couple of keys you rank for are in the French serps but not in CH.
In addition, the search volume for keywords in French language from Swiss users are super super tiny.
If I remember right you have heard this in another thread, but IMO, your targeted users/GEO is too narrow and for the money makers like "casino en ligne" your site can't aim for in current status.
I think on the contrary, Parasite SEO is here to stay. The more time passes by, the more the bigger authority sites get away with more and more and the smaller niche sites keep getting edged out.
It's easy to "manipulate" small sites, it's harder to become an authority so any bias will always go towards the bigger authority sites.
Went from 0 to millions in top keyword for almost everything sold on line.. not just outlook india but the process is being repeated and is now massive, it goes against all of google terms, parasite, doorway pages, low value content .. surely they cant keep rewarding but when you think the next update will slap them down they grow bigger. they are selling literally everything and ranking top for every subject around.. nobody has that amount of expertise on the global online market. all from some office in Chennai
It seems Google did nothing in this Core Update. Almost all the sites that were holding top positions before the update are still on the top including the outlook india which has nothing to do with any kind of gambling related information.
Looks like OutlookIndia and Newsdirect did take a big hit.
Here is an article on the update winners and losers.
https://www.amsive.com/insights/seo/...sers-analysis/