Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    freebetsfreetips is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    February 2012
    Location
    Leeds, England
    Posts
    427
    Thanks
    240
    Thanked 158 Times in 121 Posts

    Default Google authorship

    Has anyone else noticed that google no longer seems to show your picture in the SERPS? Have I done something wrong or does anyone know any more about this?

    Cheers
    Bob
    authenticcontent.co.uk - high quality content writing service for sports betting sites (among others)
    bettingoffers.co - sports betting offers, enhanced odds and free bets

  2. #2
    freebetsfreetips is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    February 2012
    Location
    Leeds, England
    Posts
    427
    Thanks
    240
    Thanked 158 Times in 121 Posts

    Default

    Ok, so I looked into this and realise it was ongoing since December but opretty sure that until very recently I was still seeing a good deal of your pretty faces - and my less pretty one - in the SERPS. Still shows my name as the author but not the picture. Google are annoying.
    authenticcontent.co.uk - high quality content writing service for sports betting sites (among others)
    bettingoffers.co - sports betting offers, enhanced odds and free bets

  3. #3
    thebookiesoffers is offline Former Member
    Join Date
    November 2009
    Location
    Leicester, UK
    Posts
    3,225
    Thanks
    412
    Thanked 1,764 Times in 1,009 Posts

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thebookiesoffers For This Useful Post:

    -Shay- (4 July 2014), freebetsfreetips (4 July 2014)

  5. #4
    freebetsfreetips is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    February 2012
    Location
    Leeds, England
    Posts
    427
    Thanks
    240
    Thanked 158 Times in 121 Posts

    Default

    Cheers mate. Short and sweet article, the way I like 'em!
    authenticcontent.co.uk - high quality content writing service for sports betting sites (among others)
    bettingoffers.co - sports betting offers, enhanced odds and free bets

  6. #5
    RacingJim is offline Public Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    1,898
    Thanks
    896
    Thanked 1,370 Times in 845 Posts

    Default

    Fair play, I noticed mixed results for click-throughs depending what sort of article it is. e.g. if it's an in-depth article about something, people will click the authorship article much more and the picture really helped it stand out in the SERPs. If it's a more company based search term and people are expecting something more official/corporate then they might not go for the one with the photo as they might think it's some sort of blog.

    Definitely a mixed bag Google+, I've persisted with it on one project I did as I used it from the start, but I'm not bothering with it on my new sites and going to see how things pan out in the next 6 months.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •