Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    The Buzz's Avatar
    The Buzz is offline GPWA Gossip Hound
    Join Date
    February 2007
    Location
    Newton, MA
    Posts
    4,478
    Thanks
    454
    Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,268 Posts

    Default Google drops deadline for mobile-first indexing

    After originally planning to complete 2021 mobile-first indexing by March of this year, Google announced on its blog last week that it is doing away with the deadline for sites to switch over.

    From the blog:

    After analyzing the sites that are not yet indexed mobile-first, we've determined that some of these sites are still not ready to be shifted over due to various, unexpected challenges that they're facing. Because of these difficulties, we've decided to leave the timeline open for the last steps of mobile-first indexing.
    Earlier, we thought that we could complete the move to mobile-first indexing by March 2021. However, we found that some sites were facing unexpectedly difficult challenges and we wanted to accommodate their timelines. We currently don't have a specific final date for the move to mobile-first indexing and want to be thoughtful about the remaining bigger steps in that direction.
    Read more here: https://developers.google.com/search...m_medium=email

  2. #2
    PROFRBcom's Avatar
    PROFRBcom is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    April 2013
    Posts
    2,173
    Thanks
    1,511
    Thanked 1,243 Times in 808 Posts

    Default

    Wait what?

    I thought this has been complete for 9 months!?

    Damn you Google, we worked so hard to get mobile-compliant and it turns out we could have just lollygagged around like everyone else.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    November 2005
    Posts
    4,507
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    1,920
    Thanked 2,216 Times in 1,278 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PROFRBcom View Post
    Wait what?

    I thought this has been complete for 9 months!?

    Damn you Google, we worked so hard to get mobile-compliant and it turns out we could have just lollygagged around like everyone else.
    The number of Google-back-flips over the years is mind boggling. Since Matt Cutts et al denied negative SEO, and then, initiated the disavow tool, I stopped buying tickets on the Google merry go round. Frankly, when I did hang on every G word, I felt like a circus animal jumping hoops.

    Time, effort, and more importantly, the reduction in frustration since I stopped worrying about all this, has been marvellous.

    I suggest all affiliates do the same

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Former Member 14 For This Useful Post:

    ocreditor (1 December 2021), Topboss (30 November 2021)

  5. #4
    Topboss is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    March 2002
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    2,407
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    574
    Thanked 475 Times in 246 Posts

    Default

    I am with you there Dave. We also no longer jump to Google's tune and the funny part is that we have done better since we stopped reacting every time they sneezed

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Topboss For This Useful Post:

    Former Member 14 (30 November 2021)

  7. #5
    CatalinAMG's Avatar
    CatalinAMG is offline Private Member
    Join Date
    February 2021
    Posts
    179
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 62 Times in 53 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AussieDave View Post
    The number of Google-back-flips over the years is mind boggling. Since Matt Cutts et al denied negative SEO, and then, initiated the disavow tool, I stopped buying tickets on the Google merry go round. Frankly, when I did hang on every G word, I felt like a circus animal jumping hoops.

    Time, effort, and more importantly, the reduction in frustration since I stopped worrying about all this, has been marvellous.

    I suggest all affiliates do the same
    Spot on Dave

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to CatalinAMG For This Useful Post:

    Former Member 14 (30 November 2021)

  9. #6
    Join Date
    November 2005
    Posts
    4,507
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    1,920
    Thanked 2,216 Times in 1,278 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Topboss View Post
    the funny part is that we have done better since we stopped reacting every time they sneezed
    I've experienced the same improvements

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •